Need Visa Advice Please

I'm an American and 35 years of age. I know I'm too young for the retirement visa but what visa could I apply for that would let me stay in thailand indefinitely or possibly the most amount of days at a time before I have to come back in?

Can I apply for this visa in the US or should I apply upon arrival in thailand?

Many thanks if you can advice me.

Thanks,

Jake.

You can apply for a tourist visa PLUS 2 reentries. In theory you can stay up to 9 months. 60 day on each entry, and extend each entry by 30 days. Each extension costs 1900 baht and can be done at Thai immigration. You can request a tourist visa at any Thai consulate in the States.

The only way to stay longer is to secure (legal) employment and get a non B visa which is good for three months, but can be extended up to a year. or sign up up for a course here, such as a Thai language course (Ed visa).

Good Luck, i am sure that there will be others around with more options.

Edited by mizzi39

A non immigrant multi entry O visa at Perth or Hull on basis of visiting friends. Do not know if any other Consulate will currently provide on a regular basis. At Perth you would also require copy of Thai ID card of friend.

There is investment stay for 10 million baht and stay for education that you might consider.

A Thai Language school can get you a 6 month visa letter and the course is only 2 months if you are lucky like me the Thai Consulate in Toronto gave me a one year visa even thought the letter from the Thai school was for 6 months.

Assuming you are not married to a Thai National and because you do not qualify for the retirement visa, the only visas available for you are the following:

(1) Non-immigrant ED visas if you wish to study in Thailand. As a student, you must be enrolled in a Thai school or Language School for at least a year course (extension is only 3 months at a time if enrolled in a language school);

(2) Investment Visas (non-immigrant O) if you should decide to invest in the Kingdom and have 10 million baht worth of investments either on a condominium purchase or a deposit in a fixed account in a Thai Bank and;

(3) Employment visas (non-immigrant cool.gif are also available for you should you decide to find an employment in Thailand or to register your own business. Extensions of stay can be obtained at the Immigration in Thailand for 1 year (subject to qualifications e.g. work permit for non-immigrant B visa holders).

Multiple entry visas are also obtainable from Thai Embassies and Consulates abroad. Bear in mind however, that each Embassy and Consulate has different requirements and qualifications. Our expert Legal Advisors can provide you a more detailed information about visa requirements, extensions and embassy qualifications.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png