A Long Soak In The Bath

Greetings ladies. I need some female input from the good ladies of TV. The one thing my female friends have said the miss most is a long hot soak in the bath. Even in some of the bigger houses I haver rented here they all lack a bath. A friend has a beautiful house with a large pool and 4 baths. How much would you be prepared to pay for a long soak in the bath which would include use of the pool and sun beds etc. The villa has stunning views and NO other surrounding properties so a bunch of you could even top up your all over tan :) ?

Maybe book some spa treatments at the same time ? My friend is trying to put together some ideas. Your feminine input would be priceless and any suggestions most welcome. Thanks ladies :D

I am hopeless to ask, I am afraid. I don't sunbathe. And wouldn't pay to use someone's bathtub and pool. But there might be women here who would, just not me.

But, i do have to add some bathtub musings. First thing I check when I enter a new hotel room is bathtub or not? and take a bath. :) But, when I stayed at my sisters last year, for a whole 4 months I used her huge jetted tub twice. Yup. thats it, and its a big one. I don't know how to explain it, my sister takes a bath regularly, but I prefer showers.

But, put me in a hotel room and I take a bath, I think most women do. :D

I once paid 600 baht in NST stayed at the Twin Lotus hotel which was the best hotel in town at the time,

eventually I bought a kiddy inflatable pool, set it up in my garden, soaked in it for hours it was great,

I like baths, but I really hate taking a bath in any bathtub other than my own. It just seems "icky" to me. :D I'm sure that most hotels and other places wash out bathtubs well (well, maybe NOT so sure!), but I can't get over thinking about someone else's "funk" stuck to the sides of the tub. IF I take a bath in a hotel, I make sure to thoroughly clean it first. Maybe I just have issues. :)

I probably wouldn't pay to just take a regular bath at someone else's house. However, I have paid for a "floral bath" at a spa, and it was fabulous!

"funk" ?

I once had a jetted large tub,a word of advice make sure you use it(the jets)regularly or else the stench when used for the first time in a while can put you off using them for life.

Sometimes you go to a spa for a floral or a milky and they polish the bathtub for you before filling it up,i really enjoy watching the attendants creating luxury for me to enjoy....i suppose you get what you pay for. :) aahhhhhh!!

I like baths, but I really hate taking a bath in any bathtub other than my own. It just seems "icky" to me. :D I'm sure that most hotels and other places wash out bathtubs well (well, maybe NOT so sure!), but I can't get over thinking about someone else's "funk" stuck to the sides of the tub. IF I take a bath in a hotel, I make sure to thoroughly clean it first. Maybe I just have issues. :)

I probably wouldn't pay to just take a regular bath at someone else's house. However, I have paid for a "floral bath" at a spa, and it was fabulous!

You are not the only one that cleans hotel baths before taking a bath! I had wondered if other people do it too. :D

OP, im not the kind of person who would feel comfortable going into someones house to use their bath and facilities either, as nice and big as that house may be. But, im very particular about privacy and things. Maybe i have issues too!

The floral bath I took was a milky bath, full of flowers. It was actually a huge tub...intended for two as part of a couple's spa package. :) I don't know what was in the water, but it smelled amazing and made my skin so soft. It was an outdoor tub at a spa, and the atmosphere was amazing. Ahhh...now I want to go back there!

ohhh I miss baths. Have just turned down a condo with an ensuite and a bath tub..for mainly financial and practical reasons but still...ooohhh. Thing is though actually this weather is not that conducive to having baths. I save up my longings for when I get home and it is miserable outside and I can soak for ages in a hot tub.

Sorry homemadefood, I digress. I used to live on Samui and to be honest probably wouldn't be up for that idea. If I wanted to get a group of friends together we would probably rent somewhere for the weekend, would just be too depressing having to leave at the end of the day! I did though get day use of one of the 4 seasons villas, which was ace, but it was for free.

The floral bath I took was a milky bath, full of flowers. It was actually a huge tub...intended for two as part of a couple's spa package. :) I don't know what was in the water, but it smelled amazing and made my skin so soft. It was an outdoor tub at a spa, and the atmosphere was amazing. Ahhh...now I want to go back there!

sounds lovely!

was it expensive?

errm, maybe a way to sneak certain 'personals' past thai customs?? Have never considered it purely out of the image of a mean customs guy making an unwanted discovery. But maybe a cunningly disguised duck....???

errm, maybe a way to sneak certain 'personals' past thai customs?? Have never considered it purely out of the image of a mean customs guy making an unwanted discovery. But maybe a cunningly disguised duck....???

I've done it before, and i fully intend on trying it again this summer. No duck, though. Perhaps a rabbit instead. :)

Just be careful about batteries in the bathtub unless you are into that sort of thing.

Don't you know about all of the special waterproof products? :)

I did some online perusing and saw this... qwack quack ooohhh

post-22903-1274859005.jpg

When I lived in the UK I LOVED my nightly soak in the bath, with a good book. Bubbles, hot water, a good book, glass of wine, sometimes candles - heaven....

Having moved to Thailand (just over 3 years ago) I've only really wanted to relax and soak in a bath maybe 4 or 5 times - but on those occasions I really missed my bath!

Thailand is hot..... cool showers are far preferable 99.9% of the time.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for a bath (even if spa services were included) - its just not the same as relaxing in one's own home, knowing that coming out of the bath one can go straight to bed!

When we stay at a nice hotel in Thailand & it has a decent bath tub, we all (me, hubby & baby boo) take a bath together but the aircon is always cranked up to make it comfortable, I always get alone bath in before we check out too cause nothing makes you cleaner than a bath imo. (And if we really have time, then me & mr boo get an alone time bath too :).)

Would I rent a house specifically to have a bath....no

Would I pay to use a bath tub in a house occupied by other people....no.

It actually took me a while to work out what Chonburiram was on about..then i was thinking UGHH..how dirty ARE you to end up with a ring around your neck??!

I love the occasional bath. But, usually only if im feeling very tired or a bit chilly. If i feel quite dirty, then i will shower before i enjoy a soak...and i always shower down after. Maybe some think thats extreme, but i i see taking a bath as a soak and a way to soften the skin (and great for softening up the skin ready for sloughing dead skin cells)..not for a way to clean the body. Showers are the only way to go for getting the body clean imo. Especially the hair. Washing and rinsing hair in bath water seems counterproductive, not to mention icky!