Happy Hour Bars? Where?... Best Bars For Value

dmax

i usually went to kate siree bar on soi bukaew because they do a big leo for 45 thb ( i think it was ? ) or eagle bar soi 7, as everyone knows the pound is well down so i really do need to watch my money, so , where are the best bars for value for money in pattya at the moment.

sailor bar in soi 8 is dead cheap. jd & coke 65 baht. all cocktails 60 baht with san mig at 50 baht. all other beers 35-45 a bottle. <deleted> place though, and wouldnt go there again, boring. get yerself home if things are that bad.

7/11 and familymart.Many locations all over Pattaya.Happy hour all day except between 2 PM and 5 PM. :)

There always has to be a smart_ _ S. I think everyone knew what he was asking.

Anyways, don't know the Pattaya area well but, if you ever come to the Thonburi side of Bangkok let me know.

7/11 and familymart.Many locations all over Pattaya.Happy hour all day except between 2 PM and 5 PM. :)

Anyways, don't know the Pattaya area well but, if you ever come to the Thonburi side of Bangkok let me know.

We meet again DMAX,

What about The Pattaya Beer Garden all day and night beers 50-70B,lovely spot to watch the sunset with the Mrs,Som Tam 60B,Pad Kaprow 100B,Khao 20B, Chicken Korma 180B.

Cannot go wrong,then a meander hand in hand up Walking Street.

Have Fun

Didn't someone ask this question last week?

Yes, or at least I thought so. Moderators are sleeping in the last time :)

I thought we found out that some Bars are selling Beer cheaper then 7/11, so you would be a high spender anyway if somebody would buy the beer there.

If you fancy a trip out to the wilds of Jomtien, Lovejoy's on the left-hand side of Thappraya Road heading to the beach does all Thai beers all day and night (curfews permitting :) ) for 40 Baht a bottle. Inside Jomtien Complex, Fantasy Bar does the same deal.

Fantasy is my favourite, as it has an air-conditioned bar where smoking is not allowed - if you're a smoker, you can sit outside; Lovejoys is an open-air bar so it can get very smoky if you're unlucky, especially with the cigar smokers that seem to frequent the place.

Every few weeks Fantasy also does a Cocktail evening, with a professional cocktail mixer and all cocktails, short and long drinks at just 50 Baht a time - this is very popular, needless to say. :D

yep, can't beat lovejoys and fantasy bar.

Theres one on third road near the pattaya tai junction - called nana bar that has singhas for 35 baht between 5-9 - the bar has mannequin's outside - the bar birds there mither though.

those 2 for 1 bars on soi chaiyapoon are alright too - but get full with purple-nosed farangs

:)

If you fancy a trip out to the wilds of Jomtien, Lovejoy's on the left-hand side of Thappraya Road heading to the beach does all Thai beers all day and night (curfews permitting :) ) for 40 Baht a bottle. Inside Jomtien Complex, Fantasy Bar does the same deal.

Fantasy is my favourite, as it has an air-conditioned bar where smoking is not allowed - if you're a smoker, you can sit outside; Lovejoys is an open-air bar so it can get very smoky if you're unlucky, especially with the cigar smokers that seem to frequent the place.

Every few weeks Fantasy also does a Cocktail evening, with a professional cocktail mixer and all cocktails, short and long drinks at just 50 Baht a time - this is very popular, needless to say. :D

Yep,same as myself,I love the Fantasy bar,and it's got a fantastic spirit selection,as an aside to the cheap beer. If there's a better

spirit selection in Pattaya/Jomtien,I'd love to know where !! Was there last night,and the cocktails are now running at 70 baht "all the time"

(well,for the time being anyway).The "cocktail evening" that was referred to above is every Saturday starting at 16:00 and seems to

run well past it's advertised closing time of 20:00. It's one of the few bars I go to.

Didn't someone ask this question last week?

Yes, or at least I thought so. Moderators are sleeping in the last time :)

Happy Hour threads are like fish and chip threads and best breakfast threads, they have a life of their own and keep popping up as fast as you prune then back. :D The information also keep changing.

if you think that 45 baht is a pound or thereabouts then a small beer is more expensive in thailand than here in uk where i can get a bottle of budweiser for 50 pence = 25 baht ....i wont be near walking street as its hard to find a bar that does a small leo below 70 baht , thats easily around £1.50 at todays rates.

i still say kate siree bar on soi bukaew , i really do not know how in hel_l the owners make money selling big leos at 60 baht.... cant beat sitting there watching the world roll by at night, not forgetting the eye candy :)

Dmax, beer here is sold by the baht, what ever the pound is doing holds little relevance, if your getting a shitty exchange, stay home, its obviously cheaper there.

Noi's bar on Soi Khao Noi is doing 3 small changs for 100b.

if you think that 45 baht is a pound or thereabouts then a small beer is more expensive in thailand than here in uk where i can get a bottle of budweiser for 50 pence = 25 baht ....i wont be near walking street as its hard to find a bar that does a small leo below 70 baht , thats easily around £1.50 at todays rates.

i still say kate siree bar on soi bukaew , i really do not know how in hel_l the owners make money selling big leos at 60 baht.... cant beat sitting there watching the world roll by at night, not forgetting the eye candy :)

Quite simple really, a box of 12 costs 480 Baht from the wholesellers - 40 Baht each, so decent profit margin!

Quite simple really, a box of 12 costs 480 Baht from the wholesellers - 40 Baht each, so decent profit margin!

And from that "profit margin" the owner of the gaff has to pay the overheads rent/electric/staff/water/licences etc etc etc.....

yeah, what an awesome way to make some coin !!!!!!!!!

And from that "profit margin" the owner of the gaff has to pay the overheads rent/electric/staff/water/licences etc etc etc.....

Don't underestimate the thirst some of the Pattaya Expats develop.

Don't underestimate the thirst some of the Pattaya Expats develop.

I don't know how much it costs to open the doors of a bar everyday but lets assume its 10,000B (im not talking 3m x 3m ber bar in a complex) @ 20b "profit" per beer the bar would need to sell 500 just to break even, thats a fuc_k load of beers to sell before you make some coin yeah.

...............Quite simple really, a box of 12 costs 480 Baht from the wholesellers - 40 Baht each, so decent profit margin!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some owners are maybe altruist, as I suppose The Beer & Coffee Soi Kha Noi owners are, serious investment, new nice furniture, 3 large LCD televisions...and the prices are so cheap.

Of course they rent rooms to, but the prices are decent also.

We meet again DMAX,

What about The Pattaya Beer Garden all day and night beers 50-70B,lovely spot to watch the sunset with the Mrs,Som Tam 60B,Pad Kaprow 100B,Khao 20B, Chicken Korma 180B.

Cannot go wrong,then a meander hand in hand up Walking Street.

Have Fun

what a rip off,the thai food is very expensive

Some owners are maybe altruist, as I suppose The Beer & Coffee Soi Kha Noi owners are, serious investment, new nice furniture, 3 large LCD televisions...and the prices are so cheap.

Of course they rent rooms to, but the prices are decent also.

And yet no matter what time of the day or night i drive past the place is deserted, hope the owner has deep pockets.

Are they doing food there, Would be nice to be able to grab a brekkie on the way to work, cant wait till world of sports opens !!!

i still say kate siree bar on soi bukaew , i really do not know how in hel_l the owners make money selling big leos at 60 baht.... cant beat sitting there watching the world roll by at night, not forgetting the eye candy :D

And yet many establishments sell Large Leo's for a lot less than 60 Baht, mom n pop shop/bars, 7/11 etc. and still remain open.....surely the place you mention did not base their business model soley on selling Large Leo's, who knows maybe they did, business model - who am i kidding!!! :):D Good luck to them!

Can you give me a idea of where this place is ? Is it one of the bars at the end of the complex between 2nd Rd and Soi Bukhao ?

Thanks,

Londo

Can you give me a idea of where this place is ? Is it one of the bars at the end of the complex between 2nd Rd and Soi Bukhao ?

Thanks,

Londo

kate siree bar is on Soi Buakhow just south of LK metro (same side) it used to be a great bar, I used to go on Saturday afternoons with a couple of mates and sit in the alleyway at the side but for some reason the beer isn't anywhere near as cold as it used to be :D tiz cheap though

Thanks,

Londo

From Second Road go east (away from ocean) on Soi Diana Inn. At the first 4 way intersection (Sois Buakao & Diana Inn) turn left on to Soi Buakao and walk about 100 meters and Kate Siree is on your left.

Same intersection on right hand corner and opposite 7-11 is Nakorn Place or something like that. Hotel upstairs and large self serve beer bar on ground floor. Large Leo was B50/bottle last time I was there. Great place to people watch, has BKK Post and sports on TV.

Also, a GREAT Thai restaurant is on Soi Buakao and roughly opposite Kate Siree. Don't know the name but the food is great and its often difficult to get a seat :D

Thanks,

Londo

kate siree bar is on soi bukaew, exit soi chaiyapoon come on soi bukaew tuen right and its about 20 yards on the other side of road , next to sexy lingerie shop and an optitions shop , think the owners are thai chinese, they have sports footie etc on a big screen at outside back of bar and plenty of long bar stools at bench right on the road edge, no music or ladies but i like the place .

Thanks,

Londo

From Second Road go east (away from ocean) on Soi Diana Inn. At the first 4 way intersection (Sois Buakao & Diana Inn) turn left on to Soi Buakao and walk about 100 meters and Kate Siree is on your left.

Same intersection on right hand corner and opposite 7-11 is Nakorn Place or something like that. Hotel upstairs and large self serve beer bar on ground floor. Large Leo was B50/bottle last time I was there. Great place to people watch, has BKK Post and sports on TV.

Also, a GREAT Thai restaurant is on Soi Buakao and roughly opposite Kate Siree. Don't know the name but the food is great and its often difficult to get a seat :D

if its great cheap thai food you want go to the restraunt in naklua at corner of soi 27 2 shops up from anton the germans place , best ever ive been to !! also great place at market on top of soi bukaew they do a whole range of masaman and green curries and fried chicken etc cheap as !! i think for a very large bowl of rice and chicken green or daeng curry is like 30 baht , beat that ! and tasty too.