Thai Passport/id Renewal In Sweden

My wife (of seventeen years) and I are permanent residents in Sweden. My wife's Thai Passport expires at the end of the month and she has booked a "time" at the Thai Embassy in Stockholm for the 31st May, for a renewal application. She now tells me (today) that her Thai ID card has also expired and is now "panicking".

As I recall, she last renewed her Thai ID when she visited her home town of Udon Thani, some years ago. Her Thai Passport was renewed last time in London when we lived in England.

My questions:

Is the renewal of her current Thai Passport dependent upon her Thai ID being current? I believe that these are two separate issues and that the Thai Passport renewal only requires the production of (a) the current passport (:) her original/translated "house" documents and © our Marriage Certificate. Plus the fee, of course.

The ID card should be renewed in Udon Thani when she next goes to Thailand. (??)

Also, as we live in the far south of Sweden, can the passport renewal application be made in Copenhagen, Denmark? Copenhagen is two hours by train from here, whilst Stockholm is over six hours away.

Looking forward to an urgent response

As she can only renew her Thai ID card in Thailand, then as far as I'm aware it does not have to be valid if she renews her passport at a Thai embassy. I'm sure I've read posts from people in your wife's situation saying that it doesn't.

I don't know if she can renew her passport in Copenhagen, I'm afraid.

As she can only renew her Thai ID card in Thailand, then as far as I'm aware it does not have to be valid if she renews her passport at a Thai embassy. I'm sure I've read posts from people in your wife's situation saying that it doesn't.

I don't know if she can renew her passport in Copenhagen, I'm afraid.

Email or phone them and ask.

http://www.thaiembassy.dk/

Royal Thai Embassy Tel.+45 39 62 50 10

Norgesmindevej 18 Fax. +45 39 62 50 59

2900 Hellerup E-mail: [email protected]

Copenhagen, Denmark

Mac