Vengeful Redshirts Threaten Thai Tourism

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does being overweight have anything to do with it? And you calling her "fat country bumpkin" shows just how much respect you have for the people of this country. At least she's Thai and has every right to be where she is.

What I'm more concerned about is the soldier pointing the live weapon at this obviously unarmed woman.

Edited by clown

Very well pointed post. This whole saga is more complex than most can see or are willing to acknowledge.

Just look at some of the actions and countries visited by Thaksin in the months prior to the redshirt "protest/riots",- Fiji (a country very familiar with coup takeovers),.. probably a strategy analysis trip. And then Cambodia,... had to be something sinister going on there,.. and it is ideally and strategically located right on our doorstep and is the backdoor exit/entry to and from Isaan country.

Eye witnesses had said that they heard the black bandits speaking a foreign language (probably Cambodian or Burmese). I'm not surprised that the redshirt innocents and the red shirt insurgents claim to have no knowledge of nor association with the black terrorists,.. simply because the black terrorists were employed by Thaksin to infiltrate and hijack what started out as a peaceful protest. Thaksin wanted anarchy and bloodshed as well as confusion and counter blaming from one group to another. He is an evil and decietful bloody minded man who cares not for the value of any human life,.. let alone Thai!

He's started to mix a catalytic cocktail that will now take on a life of its own. Lets hope that it totally backfires on him and he ends up as the games biggest loser, but there's always a possibility that if this country were to subside into a massive civil/militia uprising (which may be even more of a probability when HM eventually passes on) that he could ride into Thailand on the back of a Cambodian tank.

Frankly I'm using the next few months as the calm before the storm to arrange for a quick exit out with my family at the first sign of anything similar to recent events or any further decline in law, order or rising terrorist attacks.

One things clear to me and that is that this is far from over and I'm watching things very carefully.

Pay special attention to minute 1:30 to 1:35 in this video from Thai Visa member VictorMeldrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhg1QgpxZSo

OK, and your point?

Very well pointed post. This whole saga is more complex than most can see or are willing to acknowledge.

Just look at some of the actions and countries visited by Thaksin in the months prior to the redshirt "protest/riots",- Fiji (a country very familiar with coup takeovers),.. probably a strategy analysis trip. And then Cambodia,... had to be something sinister going on there,.. and it is ideally and strategically located right on our doorstep and is the backdoor exit/entry to and from Isaan country.

Eye witnesses had said that they heard the black bandits speaking a foreign language (probably Cambodian or Burmese). I'm not surprised that the redshirt innocents and the red shirt insurgents claim to have no knowledge of nor association with the black terrorists,.. simply because the black terrorists were employed by Thaksin to infiltrate and hijack what started out as a peaceful protest. Thaksin wanted anarchy and bloodshed as well as confusion and counter blaming from one group to another. He is an evil and decietful bloody minded man who cares not for the value of any human life,.. let alone Thai!

He's started to mix a catalytic cocktail that will now take on a life of its own. Lets hope that it totally backfires on him and he ends up as the games biggest loser, but there's always a possibility that if this country were to subside into a massive civil/militia uprising (which may be even more of a probability when HM eventually passes on) that he could ride into Thailand on the back of a Cambodian tank.

Frankly I'm using the next few months as the calm before the storm to arrange for a quick exit out with my family at the first sign of anything similar to recent events or any further decline in law, order or rising terrorist attacks.

One things clear to me and that is that this is far from over and I'm watching things very carefully.

Pay special attention to minute 1:30 to 1:35 in this video from Thai Visa member VictorMeldrew

OK, and your point?

I guess I assumed most posters had followed this from the beginning, sorry. At 1:30 we see the blackshirt "ronin" armed from the night of April 10. At a later date we see him onstage with Red Shirt leadership who disavow any knowledge of "black shirts" but constantly told their crowds the "black shirts" would protect them. It exposes the lie.

OK, and your point?

I guess I assumed most posters had followed this from the beginning, sorry. At 1:30 we see the blackshirt "ronin" armed from the night of April 10. At a later date we see him onstage with Red Shirt leadership who disavow any knowledge of "black shirts" but constantly told their crowds the "black shirts" would protect them. It exposes the lie.

The explanation given was that he was a red shirt guard who collected weapons taken from the army. In the video he appeared to have at least 3 automatic weapons about his person and he allowed his picture to be taken, so the video would seem to corroborate that story, don't you think?

OK, and your point?

The explanation given was that he was a red shirt guard who collected weapons taken from the army. In the video he appeared to have at least 3 automatic weapons about his person and he allowed his picture to be taken, so the video would seem to corroborate that story, don't you think?

So you're saying because the picture exists it proves he's not an armed combatant, because otherwise the photo would not have been taken? Is that the kind of Red logic the Red democracy will be built on?

I think a golden opportunity was lost when this protest was not stopped at the first signs it was getting out of control. It quickly changed from preaceful protest to cult like and even reds who started thinking they wanted to go home were forced to stay. They were definitely just pawns in the game who no longer had the choice to fight for 'democracy' or not. Ironic indeed. I think this lot will become like Islam extremists but within their own country. There will be tremendous peer pressure in Isaan to join the cause or be ostracized by your friends and family. It's a shame that what seemed like a good cause has degraded to a band of zealots who will not listen to reason and now want to fight just to get attention and to feel powerful. They have become worse than the wrong they condemned. They will become more zealot like and militant than the government they accuse of being corrupt.

I hope I am wrong and it goes back to being LOS but I think once people without purpose get a taste of being important it's impossible to take away.

Edited by wasabi

So you're saying because the picture exists it proves he's not an armed combatant, because otherwise the photo would not have been taken? Is that the kind of Red logic the Red democracy will be built on?

I have no idea about red logic, or red democracy. I'm just saying an elite militia like the purported "Ronin" wouldn't allow their face to be photographed (with a flash) by some random guy stood next to them and they probably wouldn't be carrying 3 or 4 automatic weapons and they probably wouldn't appear on the red stage.

Lets wait to see how many interrogations lead to subsequent arrests, perhaps the militant wing is already back in Cambodia, where Thai people go to hide.

The Black clad shooters are from Cambodia , there is now evidence to be released this week on who and why they were contracted for the job, The pay check Master Thaksin made his $$$$$$ deposit some months before this in the case he needed them to cross over into Thailand if he lost his money in the court ruling , Since 911 the world has a special practice of wire tap /cell phone word searching for key words, Thaksin made this list some 3 months ago and all of his evidence now will list him as the money leader behind the terrorism attacks now in Thailand .

he likes to say he has no connection but his mighty dollars linked the WAY

Very interesting what you say. I made a remark some time ago mainly to test the responses from the board that perhaps Thaksin was using his new friendships in Cambodia to procure arms and even recruits. Many said it was the most ridiculous thing they had ever read. Maybe all the dots will be joined and there will be a connection. Interesting that one could recruit there, get arms and then offer a safe haven for many of the thugs if they were so employed. Thaksin is capable of anything.

I think a golden opportunity was lost when this protest was not stopped at the first signs it was getting out of control. It quickly changed from preaceful protest to cult like and even reds who started thinking they wanted to go home were forced to stay. They were definitely just pawns in the game who no longer had the choice to fight for 'democracy' or not. Ironic indeed. I think this lot will become like Islam extremists but within their own country. There will be tremendous peer pressure in Isaan to join the cause or be ostracized by your friends and family. It's a shame that what seemed like a good cause has degraded to a band of zealots who will not listen to reason and now want to fight just to get attention and to feel powerful. They have become worse than the wrong they condemned. They will become more zealot like and militant than the government they accuse of being corrupt.

I hope I am wrong and it goes back to being LOS but I think once people without purpose get a taste of being important it's impossible to take away.

Of course it will give many a disillusioned young Thai northerner a feeling of importance and a cause outside of looking for a lousy job or growing rice. They are legends in their own mind and potentially dangerous because of this.

Of course it will give many a disillusioned young Thai northerner a feeling of importance and a cause outside of looking for a lousy job or growing rice. They are legends in their own mind and potentially dangerous because of this.

WARNING, WARNING. Possible intelligent conversation about to break out in TV forum. Wishiwashi where are you?

An anti-government "red shirt" supporter surrenders to army soldiers clearing an encampment of thousands of protesters in Bangkok

Thai_front_slide_1B_718961a.jpg

Good to see they are getting the hardline militants.

Guess you missed the gangsters holding their hands up in the background.

Harboring fugitives?

WARNING, WARNING. Possible intelligent conversation about to break out in TV forum. Wishiwashi where are you?

What is incorrect with the statement? Should Thai youth of 2010 be content stuck in Nakorn Nowhere growing one crop of rice a year on some shitty cracked and barren land? Have you been to issarn and seen the lack of opportunity and back breaking work for chump change?

This is the crux of the problem - The "elite" have far too much and they are simply unwilling to share. What is worse is that upward mobility is the exception rather than the rule. It usually involves everything except hard work. The question is - where does Thailand go from here. Answer: Philippines

Edited by bangkokburning

Lets wait to see how many interrogations lead to subsequent arrests, perhaps the militant wing is already back in Cambodia, where Thai people go to hide.

The Black clad shooters are from Cambodia , there is now evidence to be released this week on who and why they were contracted for the job, The pay check Master Thaksin made his $$$$$$ deposit some months before this in the case he needed them to cross over into Thailand if he lost his money in the court ruling , Since 911 the world has a special practice of wire tap /cell phone word searching for key words, Thaksin made this list some 3 months ago and all of his evidence now will list him as the money leader behind the terrorism attacks now in Thailand .

he likes to say he has no connection but his mighty dollars linked the WAY

Could you a link a source to this information? First time I've heard this and I'd be interested to read more about it.

i know too much from my Thai wife who works in that area in Bangkok, Big things are coming for Thaksin " Dr Evil " , watch his private plane get impounded next

Wonder how many times mr.T has shot him self in the foot? Next time will be in the head, he is dead meat!

An anti-government "red shirt" supporter surrenders to army soldiers clearing an encampment of thousands of protesters in Bangkok

Harboring fugitives?

What exactly identifies them as gangsters?

What is incorrect with the statement? Should Thai youth of 2010 be content stuck in Nakorn Nowhere growing one crop of rice a year on some shitty cracked and barren land? Have you been to issarn and seen the lack of opportunity and back breaking work for chump change?

This is the crux of the problem - The "elite" have far too much and they are simply unwilling to share. What is worse is that upward mobility is the exception rather than the rule. It usually involves everything except hard work. The question is - where does Thailand go from here. Answer: Philippines

Don't disagree. I have been to Isaan and what you are saying is true. I'm not saying there doesn't need to be major institutional and economic reform but that this type of thing can be very exciting to a young man with a questionable future. Nothing to lose. A new sense of identity and purpose. And if violence is seen as an acceptable means to achieve it then they will comply. And if things go "underground", as Thaksin would like, then welcome to the Philippines. A shotgun toting guard coming to you. Constant visual reminders of anarchy just around the corner. And once this happens there may be no turning back. One way or the other Thaksin is determined to destroy the country if he does not get what he wants.

Edited by losworld

I've seen this too, it's been all over Thai broadcast news. Mercenaries from Burma and Cambodia, the money trail, etc.

Yes but all the evidence so far has been individual eyewitnesses and rumors. That does not hold enough credibility for me. A real investigation, report or some evidence would give this rumor some legitimacy. I'm not saying that it's improbable, just that I can't believe everything negative being said about the UDD.

Particularly when over 50,000 websites have been shut down and the mainstream press/ media is in the control of the govt.

The UDD has my sympathies, I hate establishment capitalist pig weenies ( who are killing the planet for profit, ) and the present government is a weenie as it gets.

Viva La Revolution !!

Yeah - you're right. dam_n those capitalist pigs. Gulags are so much more ...... green. And the eastern Europe that the Soviets left behind was so environmentally pristine! And what a garden of joy & happiness the N. Koreans are building - and not the slightest hint of govt-controlled media there! Congratulations, tripleO-nine, your re-education was a complete success.

Harboring fugitives?

Comment to the photographer: It is easy to stand next to two soldiers and take biased pictures like that... Why didn't he and all of the other sensationalist journalists go off and try to get an interview with a sniper in black or perhaps a good shot showing one of those red shirt snipers pointing their weapons towards people.

It is so easy to discredit troops who are just following orders that are meant to bring back normalcy.

It is nothing but unhelpful sensationalism.

Harboring fugitives?

Comment to the photographer: It is easy to stand next to two soldiers and take biased pictures like that... Why didn't he and all of the other sensationalist journalists go off and try to get an interview with a sniper in black or perhaps a good shot showing one of those red shirt snipers pointing their weapons towards people.

It is so easy to discredit troops who are just following orders that are meant to bring back normalcy.

It is nothing but unhelpful sensationalism.

Harboring fugitives?

Well it least we know the food was getting through.

Nothing incorrect. Too sarcastic?

this post says much about how you observe the world around you. It is not all about what one has but how it is held. for many on this planet to own a plot of land to toil, a roof over your head, no shortage of food, free education, afordable health care, and clean air would be more than than could ever expect from life. What exactly would the redistibution of wealth do for the youth of issan? give them more money to buy things? what things do they not have now that are so important that they need to fight for? opportunity to advance? many from issan have advanced, worked hard, and become wealthy. so seriously i dont understand what their cause is outside of mr, t and a promise of a pay day to support him.