Reliable Medical/ Health Insurance Broker In Phuket

First, I would like to thank TV and its members for the assistance I have received as a new arrival (6months) in Thailand. I have been lucky with great advice on a variety of topics ranging from Musical Instruments, Visas, Motor vehicle registration and health from great folk in this forum. Armed with this info, I have not had any dramas.

Now I have another patch of quicksand....Health/medical insurance.

Does anyone know a Reliable English speaking Health Insurance Broker in Phuket? Someone I can actually meet and talk with, and not simply deal with documents and emails on the net? TV Insurance has not been able to satisfy this (Peter :) no offence to you).

• Confused 1

There is a dual citizen, born in Thailand of Swedish decent who is bi-lingual, (Thai and English) educated at the American school in Bangkok who is a licensed Insurance Broker. I first contacted Eric Dohlon after the insurance department of two Phuket Private hospitals told me to my face he could sort out insurance coverage for our family. While we now live in Issan we have had tremendous service from Eric and his staff. He does have an office you can visit not far from Big C in Phuket and while it is not a fancy office he had a very good filing system for our policies. We have had health insurance for five years through Eric, the policies are in English and Thai, the card accepted at all private hospitals, and it would be worth your time to meet with him. He is a "straight shooter" in my judgement and I still HATE two insurance brokers in California who promised more than they really provided in terms of policy coverage in my previous career.

You can only imagine the Thai clerical staff in the insurance billing departments of the Phuket Private hospitals wish that Expats and Thai patients have meaningful health coverage. If they see patients have a good smooth experience by using the services (at no charge to the patient) of a particular insurance BROKER, they have way less "angry farang" in their offices. Do a google search for insurance - in - Thailand or ask at the private hospitals billing department.

• Thanks 1

AA Insurance Brokers are a well established insurance broker in Thailand with many years of experience can provide a personal and professional sevice for all your insurance needs including health insurance. They deal with local as well as international insurance companies to give you the best policy that suits your needs. Please contact David Petrus in Phuket who is from England to arrange a meeting to discuss your insurance requirements - mobile number 0899086168.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I second Eric Dohlon.

PM me if you want his phone number and/or email address.

Hi i am new to the site and looking for the same thing. I will be living there soon and wish to have health coverage for me and my thai family. I have coverage through my employer but want to make sure we are covered. One really does not know until it happens which is the bad thing. But I would like Mr Dohlon contact info. Thanks for your time

• Like 1

Eric Dohlan owns E & I Insurance Broker Company Ltd. The office phone number in Phuket is 076-225-215 and 076-234-546

The web site is www.insurance-in-thailand.com For the past five years Eric and his staff have provided me and my family with excellent insurance coverage. He can make you aware of many suitable insurance options and will NOT try to "over sell" you on insurance that does not "pencil out".

• Like 1

Based on communications with, and recommendations from Kamalabob, I met with Eric. Everything Kamalabob said is true. I now have health and personal accident ins ....and peace of mind.... because of Eric. Buying insurance in Thailand had become an absolute nightmare until I met Eric. I very highly recommend him.

• Like 1

• 13 years later...
On 7/26/2010 at 2:45 PM, thailoneus said:

Based on communications with, and recommendations from Kamalabob, I met with Eric. Everything Kamalabob said is true. I now have health and personal accident ins ....and peace of mind.... because of Eric. Buying insurance in Thailand had become an absolute nightmare until I met Eric. I very highly recommend him.

Just to update this thread: we have been with Eric Dohlan's brokerage business since the late 90's. Our accident insurance got cancelled last year (due to age, I believe). Eric found me a replacement insurer - AIG. Just after signing up for that contract, coincidentally, I was attacked by a Thai owned dog, here in Khanom Beach - twice. Eric and his staff have been very helpful, once again, as always, in advising me how to submit the claims. That is an invaluable service, at any age, but especially when you are close to 80. My advice is - make it a life time commitment to which ever broker you choose. and remember, brokers will work for your interests. Not sure if I got this right, but agents tend to be ''tied in'' to one insurance company (probably the one that pays the highest commission) and will try to steer you in that direction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:22 AM, paddypower said:

Just to update this thread: we have been with Eric Dohlan's brokerage business since the late 90's. Our accident insurance got cancelled last year (due to age, I believe). Eric found me a replacement insurer - AIG. Just after signing up for that contract, coincidentally, I was attacked by a Thai owned dog, here in Khanom Beach - twice. Eric and his staff have been very helpful, once again, as always, in advising me how to submit the claims. That is an invaluable service, at any age, but especially when you are close to 80. My advice is - make it a life time commitment to which ever broker you choose. and remember, brokers will work for your interests. Not sure if I got this right, but agents tend to be ''tied in'' to one insurance company (probably the one that pays the highest commission) and will try to steer you in that direction.

which part confuses you?

• Confused 1

On 7/21/2010 at 4:53 PM, petercallen said:

I everyone i have sent a PM to madmitch but he is offline at present does anyone else have Eric Dohlons contact details<br>

there are many excellent brokers based on Phuket. 2 rules of due diligence, especially if you are taking out health insurance: 1. NEVER pay your premiums to the brokers bank account. The risk to avoid is, should the broker gets into financial difficulty (like during the Covid outbreak) it is tempting to use client premiums to save him/herself. The last thing you need in life is to be faced with hospital bills and find that your insurance has lapsed. 2. if you're a new arrival - get a face to face referral to another customer (not your drinking buddy ???? .                                    Eric's office has always been located 'kitty corner' to Lotuss' on the bypass road. specifically

A & I Insurance Co Ltd.
96/240 Moo1 (Royal Place) Praphuketkaew Rd.
Tambon Kathu, Amper Kathu
Phuket 83120
Mobile 089-649-3012
Edited by paddypower
spell
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a client of Eric since about 2006. I have had renters insurance, and currently health insurance, home owners insurance on 2 homes, car insurance, truck insurance, motorcycle insurance. I have had many claims over the years and Eric has proven VERY VALUABLE in the process. Having an adult male speaker who understands my English, yet can speak fluent Thai to Police, Insurance adjustors, Hospital Insurance staff has proven VERY VALUABLE. I have NEVER had a claim denied. Not once. I have been treated well at plice stations since Eric on the telephone was my spokesperson. I pay annual premiums directly to the insurance companies with a foreign credit credit card with no "service fees". Eric has guided me to the discounts of co-pay on vehicle insurance, and discounts on multiple year home owner policies. He "works for me" and not for the insurance company. Having Eric Dohlan as my independant Insurance BROKER has worked well for me.  

• Like 1