Do I Have To Pay Tax ?

Kathe2

Anybody knows ? I 'm planning to fly to Thailand and stay little longer , the problem is I have some personal things to post back ( to save the expensive freight cost ). So I decided to post my parcel ( around 20 kg ). Do i have to pay tax for my used and o personal things like shoes , clothes and books inside ?

Kathe

Kathe, to post back to home country or Thailand? I would think you are ok with used clothing etc coming into most countries even Thailand. But one thing I think you should check is the "freight" cost to have it go by plane rather than post especially if you don't mind bringing it with you.

Although the extra baggage $$$ does seem to go up every year its still cheape than posting it. You can usually have 30-35 kilos per piece on most long haul flights for $100-120 each over the 2 piece limit, and it can be packed inside a box that is quite a good size. Posting it would be much more I would think.

But then again you may be thinking of shipment by sea or it is meant to come after you do and therefore my post would not be much help. If I misunderstood sorry :o

Keep it real!

Air freight on "space available" basis is probably the cheapest way to get it there. There are loads of agents in the sukhumvit area that do that service for you. All you have to do is negotiate a price, bring your stuff and they will do the rest.

Hi Kathy,

Rolling Stone info re more than 2 bags ... thats an

American idea...

From your time it seems you are in UK ?

You can check how much excess baggage will cost

over your weight allowance - usually 20kg for any

number of bags in Economy on flights from UK.

To have your stuff fly with you will certainly be

less hassle - and save money on a separate trip

to collect a parcel + MAYBE Customs hassle (tax?)

at point of collection.

Bill

Rolling Stone info re more than 2 bags ... thats an

American idea...

And an idea that is in flex - most now weigh bags and limit weight of any one bag to less than 50 pounds (about 23KG).

Most of the time I have travelled they have asked me to put all my cargo bags on the weigh scales (it doesn't seem to matter how many). But it can't be more than 23kg in total per person!