Adsl Reliability Around Sukhumvit

Echelon

i need very stable internet, but all the apartments im looking to rent around sukhumvit have TOT phone lines. is it possible to get a second True or TTT phone line? or whats the best solution? speed doesn't matter much, i just don't want any disconnects.

Serviced Apartments probably not able to change. Non Serviced or condo's and if you are in a True area and internet capacity you can get a True line and internet installed.

Really enjoying 16mb Premium from True had a problem initially with the condo internal wiring as the building is old and router was only syncing with dslam at 9-11mb got the condo to switch the True line onto another wire pair to the condo and syncs now at 19mb with a max possibility of 21mb. (Sync rates not actual rates). But downloads speed are awesome all day minimum 1.4MB/s and maximum 1.73MB/s which is good enough for Thailand (International download speeds btw).

True claim they have the most amount of international bandwidth available than any of the other providers and I think they have I have used a lot of providers including SME business packages but 16mb True is substantially better than any of those. Just make sure you get the premium.

thanks! are you a poker player too? :)

:D

I can honestly say True have really got their act together over the last 12 months and in my opinion they are the best provider in Thailand just now.

830556173.png

If your stuck with TOT line I would go with 4mb CSLOXINFO SME package very stable and you get the bandwidth you pay for 100% but the cost around 6000THB per month after negotiation.

Would not recommend their non SME packages due to high contention ratio and bandwidth shaping. SME does not have any of that.

Edited by negreanu

Check out JASNET(formerly JI-NET) as they are a ISP concessionaire on TOT lines. For example, their BizConnext package (up to 4Mb/s with 10 to 1 user/contention ratio) provides excellent service and solid/steady international speed. I think their 4Mb package runs around 2800 Baht (including VAT) and their 2Mb BizConnext packagee approx 2000 Baht. They have other packages at lower cost. They appear to be focused towards SME support, but also provide home internet access. I was with them for over a year and only switched because I wanted a lower cost package and all I really needed was a 590 Baht/month TOT 4Mb package which meets my basic needs/been working pretty good...plus I'm stuck with a TOT line...otherwise I would have probably given True a try. JASNET's website is somewhat dated (like most ISP's in Thailand) regarding their current packages; email or call their Sales department for the details.

http://www.ji-net.com/home/index_en.php?lang=en

Edited by Pib

Check out JASNET(formerly JI-NET) as they are a ISP concessionaire on TOT lines. For example, their BizConnext package (up to 4Mb/s with 10 to 1 user/contention ratio) provides excellent service and solid/steady international speed. I think their 4Mb package runs around 2800 Baht (including VAT) and their 2Mb BizConnext packagee approx 2000 Baht. They have other packages at lower cost.

+1

DSL-Max Lite 2 Mbps @ 995 baht/month (including VAT).

I've been using this package for almost 3 years; definitely worth it. Very solid for browsing international websites and P2P.

Earlier this year, Lower Suk, True 8mb, intl down avg 3 and up avg .3. Problem was with TRUE and my VOIP, the bustards cut it at 4 min and 12 sec every call. I had many friends in the building, and tried it on other companies, never an issue, but when I tried it on any true connections, 4min and 12 sec later, cut. I also tried it on a TRUE connection about 4km away, and again, 4 min and 12 sec, my ADSL connection cut. Beyond reasonable doubt in my opinion that TRUE was cutting my connection to the net 4:12 when using my VOIP. I found true support in English simply disgusting as well when trying to rectify this. I honestly don't know if there is a better option though. Note, domestic was often 9mb down on the 8mb package.

Earlier this year, Lower Suk, True 8mb, intl down avg 3 and up avg .3. Problem was with TRUE and my VOIP, the bustards cut it at 4 min and 12 sec every call. I had many friends in the building, and tried it on other companies, never an issue, but when I tried it on any true connections, 4min and 12 sec later, cut. I also tried it on a TRUE connection about 4km away, and again, 4 min and 12 sec, my ADSL connection cut. Beyond reasonable doubt in my opinion that TRUE was cutting my connection to the net 4:12 when using my VOIP. I found true support in English simply disgusting as well when trying to rectify this. I honestly don't know if there is a better option though. Note, domestic was often 9mb down on the 8mb package.

Strange. Never had any VOIP cut on true and also Video calls never cut.