Goodbye Multichoice

RioMist

Well after 31st May it will be good bye to Multichoice. I for one will be very sad... but thanks ASTV for giving me many hours and days of enjoyment. You are far way ahead of True Visions but it looks like we are stuck with True and your lousy programming for the future. Anyway... All good things must come to an end........ So goodbye.. Hope one day you will be back... I am sure one day someone will come up with a plan to get your signal from Africa!

I certainly will second that statement. What alternatives, if any are available here in Thailand?

From what I have read on the forum there seems little if any hope of the satellite beam being switched on again after the World Cup ends. I suppose this was the reason that it was switched off!

A great pity that we cannot get this system as a properly funded one. I for one would not mind paying the going rate to be able to use it, rather than using some scam, hijacked system as we do now!

From what I have read on the forum there seems little if any hope of the satellite beam being switched on again after the World Cup ends. I suppose this was the reason that it was switched off!

Contrary to popular belief, the WC has got nothing to do with shutting of the signal.

Purely a technical reason, in that they are now transmitting on a different satellite, which covers the entire African continent. As they are legally only allowed to sell their service on said African continent, it would be a waste of money to keep paying for the transmissions on the old satellite (which was the one we could receive over here).

I certainly will second that statement. What alternatives, if any are available here in Thailand?

A great pity that we cannot get this system as a properly funded one. I for one would not mind paying the going rate to be able to use it, rather than using some scam, hijacked system as we do now!

Yes I would gladly pay to have Multichoice.. It's like losing an old friend... Yes i believe FIFA insisted that Supersport could only transmit the World Cup to Africa only..so if they wanted the rights to the World Cup they had to do something. I think also DSTV were fed up with the 'Piracy' in India & Pakistan where most of the cable companies were pirating their channels.

I don't know of any alternatives. I have read some blogs where people say there is a good service from Indonesia but I'm not sure if it is transmitted to Thailand or how you get it.. I live in Phuket so I may ask around some of the Satellite companies here if they have any alternative to Multichoice. It will be terrible after tomorrow to stare at a blank screen instead of watching my favorite Multichoice channel. :)

Contrary to popular belief, the WC has got nothing to do with shutting of the signal.

Purely a technical reason, in that they are now transmitting on a different satellite, which covers the entire African continent. As they are legally only allowed to sell their service on said African continent, it would be a waste of money to keep paying for the transmissions on the old satellite (which was the one we could receive over here).

You are probably correct in what you say... It just seems a coincidence that they are turning off the signal just before the WC starts... Still whatever the reasons.. I think we will never see Multichoice again in Thailand. Edited by RioMist