All You Need To Know About Wine.

lingnoi1977

As a Chiangmai resident and a lover of all things food and wine I would be interested to know how many of you would support the future growth of the wine industry here.

Would you read a monthly wine column if it was educational?

Would you like impartial advice of what to buy and where to get it and special offers?

Would you attend professionally run tastings to improve your palate (not piss ups)?

Would you like to know more about wine production, how to store wine correctly, how to build a proper cellar?

Cheers,

Lingnoi

Would you attend professionally run tastings to improve your palate (not piss ups)?

Are the two mutually exclusive? If so, I'm out...

Vinepolis in London is a fantastic day out and very educational. However, it is hard to ignore the fact that enjoying the wine and getting (mildly) pissed makes the attraction what it is. If one wanted purely education, London has many fantastic museums...

What an excellent idea, although it would depend on the location and frequency of the wine tasting whether I would be able to attend or not. Hopefully you will be strongly supported for this interesting initiative. :)

Yes please - count me in

• 2 weeks later...

Not a CM resident but a frequent visitor, would certainly be in any event that coincided with my visits.

BTW I belong to a small gang of friends in Melbourne, We all have a love of wine in common, as well as frequent catch ups at our vaious places, we go for weekends away to wine districts in our bit of Australia.Two of the guys are very very knowledgable about wine and pisspots to boot!

Always an event when we visit there place after the wine that was brought is finished they are into the cellar for a special drop, often $100+ wines, whether we can fully appreciate, by that stage is perhaps debatable, but they certainly taste good.biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

> Would you read a monthly wine column if it was educational?

Yes I would.

> Would you like impartial advice of what to buy and where to get it and special offers?

Yes, interested.

> Would you attend professionally run tastings to improve your palate (not piss ups)?

Ehm, I prefer piss-ups to be honest, but a professionally run tasting is okay too. ;)

> Would you like to know more about wine production, how to store wine correctly, how to build a proper cellar?

No. Don't have the budget for that, or even to build a serious collection (or any kind of collection). I have two bottles in the vegetable drawer in the fridge, and that's the best place I have. ;)

WTK

> Would you read a monthly wine column if it was educational?

Yes I would.

> Would you like impartial advice of what to buy and where to get it and special offers?

Yes, interested.

> Would you attend professionally run tastings to improve your palate (not piss ups)?

Ehm, I prefer piss-ups to be honest, but a professionally run tasting is okay too. ;)

> Would you like to know more about wine production, how to store wine correctly, how to build a proper cellar?

No. Don't have the budget for that, or even to build a serious collection (or any kind of collection). I have two bottles in the vegetable drawer in the fridge, and that's the best place I have. ;)

WTK

Ok, ok, it is inevitable and somewhat expected that most wine tastings become beer "tastings" by osmosis but we just don't publicised it as such. :jap:This is the part of the evening where the sponsors come in handy. :jap: