Whats The Best Serviced Apartment For Under 10k

nattydread

Lovely.. people who don't live in Chiang Mai claiming it's impossible, followed by actual useful links showing that it is.

NB: The difference between a serviced residence and any residence is spending 4000 baht a month on a maid. (Who will by the way provide a LOT more service than the 'service' in some very expensive serviced places.)

(Now the wait is for the obvious clever remark... )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

NB: The difference between a serviced residence and any residence is spending 4000 baht a month on a maid. (Who will by the way provide a LOT more service than the 'service' in some very expensive serviced places.)

The personal touch..... :)

The personal touch..... :)

whatever tickles yr duster :D

ugly+maid.jpg

The personal touch..... :D

It depends on where you are touched :)

swimming pool, gym, internet in room, basic kitchen facilities a plus

Like so many of these posts, the requirements are far too vague. It's often hard to fathom out what folks are actually looking for when they write them, hence the elusive replies.

So someone might offer you a studio only for you to come back and say you want 2 rooms, or it's not big enough, or you prefer to be nearer the city, ad infinitum…

If you really want some serious suggestions Nattydread, then why don't you take a few extra minutes before you throw out post containing just 11 words? This way there's a better chance that people will take a bit more time to help with your specific requirements.

And also, by 'Serviced Apartment' do you actually mean you want someone to do the cleaning and other jobs included in the price, or do you simply mean a place that offers certain room facilities and property amenities?

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Avoid Huay Kaew Residence!

My first place in Chiang Mai. Unbelievably rude staff/rip off on security depost.

Same here- the above are unbelievabily rude and look down on Farangs. And yes do not even bother to think you will ever see ur security deposit- it is gone when u give.

I had heard this so did not pay the last 2 weeks (figuring the rest will cover electric and water) then went to leave, security stopped me b4 leaving in my car and they got the police. Owner paying off Police to make me fork out 15K extra. They wanted 30K, as they knew I was running late for a plane in which I ended up missing. Plus keeping security deposit- never again.

Cannot outsmart them- they have it all figured out. :)

Angkana at Satihoga Homes has been sending me stuff for about 5 years now and although I have never actually met them or even been to their office they have been pretty consistant with their updates over the years and seem to be OK...

as said dont actually know them but they usually have some land going around our place in Mae-On and handy to to keep up to date with prices ..whats selling etc...

so FYI only...

http://www.chiangmai-property.thailand-rea...iang_Mai_06.htm

swimming pool, gym, internet in room, basic kitchen facilities a plus

If you really want some serious suggestions Nattydread, then why don't you take a few extra minutes before you throw out post containing just 11 words? This way there's a better chance that people will take a bit more time to help with your specific requirements.

Aitch

Good point, in the U.S. "apartment" usually means a separate living room, bedroom(s), and kitchen, one room apartments are usually called studio or efficiency apartments. In Chiang Mai you have to rent a moderately high end condo to get a kitchen and separate living room and bedroom, and you're unlikely to find this kind of condo with maid service for 10K baht a month. If you will be happy with a single room with no kitchen but a mini-fridge, then your biggest constraint is the requirement for a pool and gym.

Galare Thong Condo,

studio room 5500-9000 per month some with very good kitchenette in room sofa, plazma tv cable and internet in building (500baht per month).

Go for the western owned rooms, cost more but ready to move in and is very well kept, 1 month deposit which i got back less bills and 500 baht cleaning bill.

For the gym, you can get a monthly membership at rattilana hotel 5 min walk up the road, 5 star pool, and gym with own personal tv on running machines.

total app 10k if you get the room for around 8000 per month.

PS the hotel pool is awesome as they use osmosis ( not much chlorine) so dont even need goggles.

Rates are okay but I'd pay close attention to the electrical charge at a ripoff rate of 8 baht per unit which really should be 3-4 baht per unit?

Just out of curiosity, what "unit" is used in Thailand? Kilowatt hour is standard here in the US.

David

Rates are okay but I'd pay close attention to the electrical charge at a ripoff rate of 8 baht per unit which really should be 3-4 baht per unit?

Just out of curiosity, what "unit" is used in Thailand? Kilowatt hour is standard here in the US.

1 unit = 1 kW hour

1 unit = 1 kW hour

Thanks Tywais. Makes comparisons a bit easier.

Guess this proves not everything is cheaper in Thailand. Here in Austin, the first 500kW hours are 3.55 cents (approx. 1.15 baht) each and anything over 500 is 6.02 cents (approx. 1.95 baht). Good thing I don't use much.

Edited by Genericnic

you can latter see Green Hill Place - http://www.greenhillplace.com/about_en.html

Now here not swimmingpool, but he now built and built a second hotel building, if you want live in CM after 3-4 month, i think its good place

studio with kitchen and balcony (i think here 40-45 sq meters) 8000-9000 baht per month + water + electric

Edited by crazyawm

yup, pay close attn to the other charges where ever you end up

what you might save on room rate could easily end up paying on and above in electric/water charges

you can latter see Green Hill Place - http://www.greenhillplace.com/about_en.html

Now here not swimmingpool, but he now built and built a second hotel building, if you want live in CM after 3-4 month, i think its good place

studio with kitchen and balcony (i think here 40-45 sq meters) 8000-9000 baht per month + water + electric

The website is very nice, but does not have two important bits of info.

1) Where is the place located.

2) No information / pictures of the rooms or the room sizes.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (crazyawm @ 2010-06-01 08:57:52) you can latter see Green Hill Place - GREEN HILL PLACE.

The website is very nice, but does not have two important bits of info.

1) Where is the place located.

2) No information / pictures of the rooms or the room sizes.

its near Think Park

intersection Huay Kaew Road and Highway, maybe 200 meters to side Tarin Hotel, from Highway turn to Condotel

i hope you understand me

Edited by crazyawm