Posturbation - Are You Guilty?

Pikey

Funny, I have been a member for quite a while but am not a frequent poster. However, when I do post, I frequently check for replies. This is not only when I post a recommendation to a problem but just for general observations that I post on different topics. I am not generally a bloke that feels the need to have his ego massaged in "real life" but I do check on replies to my posts in the hope that someone is addressing my comments directly.

Am I an internet tosspot or are we all the same? :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Depends, my ego and confidence is just fine, I do enjoy the related posts that agree with a statement I make, likewise those that disagree are there to continue the debate if you so wish. Yes I usually get inolved in a thread and go back to check just in case there is somebody out there who really does think they know more than me!!!.......actually on one occasion they did.... :D .....or was that two occasions.. :) ..oh well who's counting..... :D

Edit: came back to look and corrected spelling......do that quite often too!!!!

Edited by 473geo

You are, most other people are too, but I'm not.

Too be more precise, I'd say you're all Tossers.

LOL, as the first to reply, I'm going to have to question your status "but I'm not".

I'm not sure as you were pretty hot on the keyboard. Bet you watch this thread......

:)

Cheers,

Pikey.

You are, most other people are too, but I'm not.

Too be more precise, I'd say you're all Tossers.

LOL, as the first to reply, I'm going to have to question your status "but I'm not".

I'm not sure as you were pretty hot on the keyboard. Bet you watch this thread......

:D

Cheers,

Pikey.

How many of the 35 views so far were you? Only 4 of them were me. :)

True story. I know a guy who had his ad removed, his PM box removed, and his posting rights suspended indefinitely all because he was suspected of altering the View count on his own posts!! They never did figure it out, but only because it wasn't true (or possible?). I think his View counts got to something like 100,000 so that would take days or possibly months of sitting there opening and closing the same post. And you thought you were a Posturbator!! 

Depends, my ego and confidence is just fine, I do enjoy the related posts that agree with a statement I make, likewise those that disagree are there to continue the debate if you so wish. Yes I usually get inolved in a thread and go back to check just in case there is somebody out there who really does think they know more than me!!!.......actually on one occasion they did.... :D .....or was that two occasions.. :) ..oh well who's counting..... :D

Edit: came back to look and corrected spelling......do that quite often too!!!!

wrong.jpg

It helps to think of TVF as being in two different and clearly distinguishable parts. One includes the fora where practical information is sought, and usually provided with a minimum of sarcasm or cynicism. This includes the more technical subjects of visas, internet/computers, banking, housing, health and most of the other more specific areas. These generally yield sensible information from knowledgeable respondents. Seems this is more your area of interest. Then there is the General Forum, many news threads and, too often, the local fora, where one is likely to get nonsensical responses, like most of the initial replies to this thread.

The first part is of real value and, I suppose, what TVF originated from. The second is more of an entertainment that provides a diversion for a small number of lurkers and heavy posters with seemingly little else to do other than virtual jousting and enjoying the accompanying sound of their own keyboard.

So to answer your questions, you don’t seem to be an internet tosspot and, no, everyone who posts is not the same.