Best Dvd Burning Software For Free.

Jockstar

I have been trying to copy a few DVDs at home on my PC. I have used a free download called Burn4free. It gets the job done. Well sort of. I can burn to DVD and watch on my PC. But the disc wont play on my standalone DVD player. I today tried a different disc. Firstly i tried DVD-RW which wouldn't play on the DVD player. Today i bought a few DVD disc and tried again. I have just tried a DVD+R and it stil wont play on my DVD player. So i'm asking for any advice on DVD burning software. I tried Nero on my PC that was already installed. But for some reason it wont let me burn. Maybe its a freeby. Anyway. Any advice guys?

Hi Jock.

There's a recent thread on DVD copying, have a quick search.

Also, have a look at www.dvdhelp.com lots of info there.

DC

Edit: Oops, sorry Jock ,twas your previous thread :o Definately worth looking at DVD help and following one of the step-by-step instructions.

Edited by Crossy

OK Jock

Try this one:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/117

The dvdhelp site seems to have changed owner :D

Look here as well:-

http://www.videohelp.com/

This site also has info. on what players play what type of disks best, handy if you have an older DVD player.

Sorry for the duff info. :o

DC

Edited by Crossy

The question was for burning software. DVDShrink on it's own can't burn - it can only decrypt/rip and shrink. You would need eg DVD Dycrypter or Nero to be installed to be able to burn to disk after the movie has been shrunk with eg DVD Shrink.

When you're burning a DVD with DVDShrink, it's actually behind the scenes using Nero or DVD Decrypter.

That's as far as I understand it... :o

Edited by katana

I have been trying to copy a few DVDs at home on my PC......

Jockstar - If the DVD's your attempting to duplicate have built-in "copy protection", then most commercial burning software (ie: Nero) will not override that protection allowing you to copy the disk.

However, if the DVD's you wish to copy do not have "copy protection", then most burning software sold today has the capability of burning both dual-layer DVD's or splitting dual-layer media and burning said data to 2 or more single-layer DVD's or even CD's.

A year or so ago (before the copy crackdown started) there were several excellent copy/burn utilities, such as DVD-X-Copy, which could copy "protected" CD's and DVD's. (Note: Current versions of DVD-X-Copy will not copy protected material. That capability was removed due to court rulings.)

A search of the "underground" may turnup an copy of one of those earlier utilities.

good luck :o