Best Car/truck For 1 Million Baht

rizla

Hi, today i placed 10000baht depost on a Mitsibushi Pajero 2.5 gt(pearl white), awaiting finance clearance, had a test drive and ok i thought for an suv, yes i can up the hp with an easy chip if req`d..i used to have an estate car before but there isn`t really that option here...

Never had a suv before, only the 2 of us, so? is it a good choice or not , what other recomendations would you make , car or suv..handy for the shopping and not good for the inlaws, hehe...thxs

Oh and currently i`m in the norht east, and the roads are somewhat wanting but not deadly...thxs

Edited by rizla

I think you're not getting many responses to your question simply because you're not giving anyone here much to work with..

Try telling us more about your expectations, the type of driving you do, where you do it, what you carry and what's important to you regarding features, performance, appointments, comfort, economy, resale, size etc, and I'm sure you'll get a lot more feedback..

Just saying :)

Any SUV (car based or truck) is the best buy in a vehicle for anywhere in Thailand outside Bangkok. Road and weather conditions and the extra clearance provided by an SUV (especially truck based like the Pajero) make them the best bets in transportation IMO.

Moonriver, maybe hit the nail.....

I`m just concerned that i`ve made the wrong choice, as i see for example the lancer ex is the same price, but the point about road conditions is nagging away at me and would hate to rip the arse of a good car here in the sticks as as you know good cars are not cheap here in disneyland....I like the focus but to small, hate the H`s and thw T`s, everybody has one..as the quote go`s.

Whats the urgency, you have already put down a deposit on a mitsu ???

Not signed the agreement, but payed a deposit to the dealer...but slightly unsure...thats all..what do i carry, nothing apart from shopping, but when i move home will be handy i suppose, resale does matter and the missus rekons resale would be better on the suv...fuel, well its a diesel, how much for a litre by the way now...thanks

Not signed the agreement, but payed a deposit to the dealer...but slightly unsure...thats all..what do i carry, nothing apart from shopping, but when i move home will be handy i suppose, resale does matter and the missus rekons resale would be better on the suv...fuel, well its a diesel, how much for a litre by the way now...thanks

Fuel prices:

post-33509-1275516250_thumb.jpg

Hint: go to the Thailand Motor Forum, in the search panel, enter pajero, you'll find a few topics about the Pajero there.

imo service, parts, service, service, service is the key. for the money i think you can get a toyota 4dr 4x4 pu and will be happy with service, resale, and over all investment.

He's buying new, in which case the Mitsubishi comes with a 150,000km/5 year warranty, vs. Toyota's 100,000km/3 years. Valid point :)

rizla:

Given the roads in the North East, the elevated driving position, higher ground clearance, and better hill climbing and overtaking ability of a PPV (SUV) are what would probably be the major factors behind my decision. The versatility of having a 7-seater or 5-seater with a big 'trunk' (or a 2-seater with a HUGE trunk) are also strong points.

As for running costs, our Pajero Sport 2.5 GT averages 10-11km/l around town, and up to 12-13km/l on the highway (@110-140km/hr), so for my driving style I'm paying ~2.3 to 3.0 Baht per KM at current diesel prices. By comparison, our 1.5L Toyota Yaris costs ~2.9 Baht/KM running on gasohol 95 E10, or ~3.25 Baht/km running on 91 benzene.. And that's a vehicle that's quite literally half the size and weight - diesel has it's advantages :D The Lancer EX would easily cost ~25% more than the Yaris to run.

On resale value, with the Pajero Sport you can expect 18% depreciation the moment you drive it out of the dealership, with a decay rate of around 5-8% per year thereafter (depending on km's, condition and the future market) - better than the Lancer without any doubt.