Nissan Tiida Auto Box

zaza

Hi,

I am seeking information on the Nissan Tiida 1.6 G , 2009/2010 model, What is the auto box that's installed in Tiida in Thai market, is a CVT:continuously variable Transmission? or another, can you kindly elaborate?

Cheers!

Just had a little wonder around the Net myself regarding your question, but looks like the CVT is the only option with that motor. Might be worth a visit to a Nissan dealer to ask the question.

I bought and sold a secondhand 2008. It had a 4 speed converter auto, and the shift looks similar to older yaris models, so I guess they both get them from Aisin.

I checked Aisin on Wikipedia, they didn't state they are being used on Tiida.

I called the Nissan dealer a while ago , they just told me they use " auto box -automatic" :)

I checked Aisin on Wikipedia, they didn't state they are being used on Tiida.

I called the Nissan dealer a while ago , they just told me they use " auto box -automatic" :)

Had another look and the Jatco JF404E 4 speed auto is mentioned for the Tilda.

Pardon, I didn't understand. Is it a CVT then; or not?

Thanks for the following up.

Seems there are 3 options worldwide, CVT, 4 sp auto and manual. MRO kindly states 4 sp auto in LOS but Kat had a CVT he sold in LOS. Confusing eh. Looks like your question is down to a Nissan guy visually looking at your motor and/or vin code.

No, in post #3 I said 4 speed converter auto. Thats the conventional hydraulic auto.

I believe the only Nissans in LOS with CVT are Teana and March, and the Teana 2,5 V6 is probably the largest CVT equipped engine in the world.

I can 100% guarantee that there's never been a CVT transmission in the Thai market Tiida since it's intial launch in June 2006 all the way to it's current production run :)

How's that for confident? :D

Brill. :D

Suppose l must ask the question, l wonder why no CVT in LOS when stuff l have read states CVT in the Tilda. Perhaps not reliable in this climate or another reason ?

(just curious)

Are you sure you're not confusing CVT (Continously Variable Transmission) with CVTC (Continuously Variable-Valve Timing Control - i.e. VVTi in Toyota speak, MIVEC in Mitsubishi speak etc)?

I can 100% guarantee that there's never been a CVT transmission in the Thai market Tiida since it's intial launch in June 2006 all the way to it's current production run :)

How's that for confident? :D

Brill. :D

Suppose l must ask the question, l wonder why no CVT in LOS when stuff l have read states CVT in the Tilda. Perhaps not reliable in this climate or another reason ?

(just curious)

CVT is considedered to be more comfy, since there is no actual shift of gear. It can also have a poweradvantage for small 4 valve petrol engines, since they are allways allowed to work within their short powerband, often 4300-5800 rpm. they seem to be very popular in japan

Disadvantage is reduced capability of high loads, like overloading car, steep hills or trailer. Thais like to bring a large family in their cars. Honda Jazz 2nd gen dropped the CVT in LOS due to many warrantyclaims, perhaps due to overload and steep hills. Honda Jazz/Fit still comes with CVT in Japan.

I believe a company like Audi uses CVT in only one model, a comfy oriented (not performance car or estate or designed to tow trailer) with a small V6, 2,4 as I remember.

CVT has become the only auto solution for small bikes 100-150cc, and is the most common auto for larger bikes, so as we can see it works fine in the humidity and heat in LOS :D

It is also the only transmission solution for snowmobiles, and I v had the pleasure to do thousands of km in 40 Centigrades minus. So works fine when its cold too :D

The first car to be sold with CVT was dutch Daf in the early 70s. Daf cars was bought by Volvo, changed name to Volvo 66?. Later Volvo 343 came with CVT, and this was the first CVT car to be sold in any numbers.

Edited by katabeachbum

Thanks for all the kind elaboration, and the quite informative posts.

I read somewhere that the CVT; is quite practical, and performance enhancing technology;especially in the severe-conditioned driving ; such as heavy traffic conditions.

Actually, it seems you are all right, CVT is not being used in Thailand, I checked Siam Nissan center out early today, when my Tiida was towed for a break's failure, I asked them if use a CVT in it , and they replied :

"we don't use it in Thailand's Tiida ; but Tiida in China & Japan has the CVT". Here only Teana, and March, have it. Although March's top model is being sold almost half the price of the Tiida top model.

Pity though, it was a top model, which should be equipped with such a modern technology!

Btw, Transam, I am a "she" not a "he".

Thanks for all the kind elaboration, and the quite informative posts.

I read somewhere that the CVT; is quite practical, and performance enhancing technology;especially in the severe-conditioned driving ; such as heavy traffic conditions.

Actually, it seems you are all right, CVT is not being used in Thailand, I checked Siam Nissan center out early today, when my Tiida was towed for a break's failure, I asked them if use a CVT in it , and they replied :

"we don't use it in Thailand's Tiida ; but Tiida in China & Japan has the CVT". Here only Teana, and March, have it. Although March's top model is being sold almost half the price of the Tiida top model.

Pity though, it was a top model, which should be equipped with such a modern technology!

Btw, Transam, I am a "she" not a "he".

My sincere apologies. :D

(sounds like your motor hasn't got 'modern technology' brakes either :D )

It seems maintaining a good "ABS" is almost an impossible mission to me! :)

Well if it's any consolation, the CVT that would come on the Tiida if it were available is, well, IMHO awful.

As are any Mitsubishi CVT's, Honda CVT's and sadly, even the Audi CVT's (what an embarrasment they are for the brand in Audi's case). In fact, the only CVT that works anywhere near well is the one that comes in the Nissan Teana 2.5L V6, but it stands alone in the CVT world IMHO.

The transmission technology you really want to pine over is Dual Clutch (AKA Twin Clutch, DSG, Powershift etc) - however in Thailand it's currently only available in the Ford Focus, the soon-to-be-released Ford Fiesta, and some much more expensive brands like VW and Ferrari.

Well if it's any consolation, the CVT that would come on the Tiida if it were available is, well, IMHO awful.

As are any Mitsubishi CVT's, Honda CVT's and sadly, even the Audi CVT's (what an embarrasment they are for the brand in Audi's case). In fact, the only CVT that works anywhere near well is the one that comes in the Nissan Teana 2.5L V6, but it stands alone in the CVT world IMHO.

The transmission technology you really want to pine over is Dual Clutch (AKA Twin Clutch, DSG, Powershift etc) - however in Thailand it's currently only available in the Ford Focus, the soon-to-be-released Ford Fiesta, and some much more expensive brands like VW and Ferrari.

MRO, agree on your CVT remarks. While its comfy, its a long way to go before it works well with engines larger than 1500cc/80 hp.

Dual clutch is without question the future auto with performance and emission usually better than the same engine with manual or any other auto. They v come a long way since they started only a decade ago. However they still need to work on comfort issues and ability to handle high power and offroad-heating. Several highpower cars and SUVs are still going converter auto until suitable dual clutches are available.

Edited by katabeachbum