Xbox 360 Vs Ps3

ManOnTheRoad

Hello Friends

I am interested to buy Either Xbox 360 VS PS3, in Bangkok Thailand, Anyone knows the current price of the console at MBK Center ?

Would like your guys suggestion which is better , I am a sports fan and would like to play more of a sports games like EA Boxing or UFC MMA Games and wouldlove to play online

I heard that the XBOX 360 might burn out if being played to much ? Well tips from members here about these 2 great console is appreciated.

Thanks

If it influences your decision... There are no PS3 'cheap' games as was the case with PS1 and 2, so expect to be playing full price for games (B1200 to B2500 depending on the game)

The Xbox can be chipped to play cheaper games. A friend did this and his xbox kept over heating, I believe this is a common issue.

I believe the PS3 to be better than the Xbox and that was my choice last year (I'm not a heavy gamer using the PS3 once every couple of weeks or so. As such I didn't really look into the issue too deeply).

Dear Richard

Is it a possibility to play the Xbox 360 Online here In Bangkok, Thailand ?

yes i do heard from several friends that the xbox360 tends to get overheating, but as for me my only concern is the price of the games, i can see that PS3 games are more expensive where by the xbox360 games can be bought at a cheaper price at MBK

If you get an Xbox in Thailand, it will very likely be chipped. If it is chipped then you wont be able to play online.

If it is chipped, you can play the hooky pirated games.

If you get a PS3 in Thailand, it will not be chipped, so you can play online and have no fear of getting your machine locked out by the corporation.

Games vary between 1000-2000b each for the PS3, for originals, the original xbox games cost around the same i think.

The PS3 is a far superior machine, in my opinion, the Xbox is prone to over heating, i had mine for about 12mths before it died on me... beware!

i think the XBox's sell for around 14,000-15,000 and the PS3's sell for around 11,000-14,000

You have asked one of the most potentially divisive questions on the internet.

360's are prone to overheating but newer chipsets do perform much better. You will need an unmodded version of either console to play online.

I personally prefer the xbox live online experience to the PS3. (Entirely subjective as that's where most of my friends are, I also prefer the bigger game library, and exclusive titles that the 360 has (although all platforms have exclusive titles that are the envy of each other, to me though thats not enough of a reason to choose one console over another)

I play games on my 360 but if I breakdown the hours of use on on my 360 I'd find that I probably use it more as a media extender to stream movies, photo's and music than I do for playing games, and frankly it's excellent for that, far easier to setup than say, the PS3 or Wii (both of which can do it however).

Most sports games are available on all game platforms so your choice of console should not be tied to your preferred game type.

I for example am happy to put up with the overheating issue, because it doesn't happen that often. It happened to me once after the 2+ years that I have had it and I got it fixed for 1200 Baht at MBK.

I can live with that because of the fact that I get most of my value from it for its use as a media extender, the fact that it plays great games and has a good online experience is secondary, but together its enough to reassure me in my decision to buy that console over the competition.

Future add ons like Project Natal are a bonus.

Edited by quiksilva

you might like to check out the latest PS3 innovations and what is coming. Motion sensing controllers and more. PS3 is a far superior machine. And far from just being a state of the art games console. Blu-Ray & DVD player with upscaling, CD, DNLA, UPNP Media Server and storage, stream media from computers on your home network, a web browser with ehanced youtube viewer, and more. When hooked up to a decent Master HD Audio capable Home Theatre AV Receiver (HDMI) and a full HD big screen TV, it is a dam_n fine piece of kit and a great addition to your home entertainment system. The biggest drawback is you have to pay full retail for any games that you want to play.

I found on http://nadzproject.com/product.detail_84116_th_2400743 they are selling Xbox 360 THB 8800 , But anyone know where can i buy the non modified xbox and how much would it cost ?

I believe i will play online more rather than playing by myself lol , Thank you for you guys input

Anyone have any experience playing xbox or ps3 online from Thailand ? is it fun playing against other players online ?

Thanks

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

I play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 on my PS3 online from Thailand. It works great and have good fun! I also purchased a Xbox360 with the ad-hoc fan to make sure it doesn't overheat. It died after 10 months despite having the ad-hoc fan and aircon always running in my house.

I enjoy my PS3 much more than my Xbox. The user interface/experience is better, I also installed Netflix and can watch unlimited movies for $8 a month (it's on Xbox too). Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 is nothing short of amazing if you have a 1080P capable TV. FFXIII comes on a one blu-ray disk on the PS3 and 3 DVDs on the Xbox 360. The CGI cutscenes are 1080P on the PS3 but 576P on the Xbox 360.

Edited by kudroz

If it influences your decision... There are no PS3 'cheap' games as was the case with PS1 and 2, so expect to be playing full price for games (B1200 to B2500 depending on the game)

The Xbox can be chipped to play cheaper games. A friend did this and his xbox kept over heating, I believe this is a common issue.

I believe the PS3 to be better than the Xbox and that was my choice last year (I'm not a heavy gamer using the PS3 once every couple of weeks or so. As such I didn't really look into the issue too deeply).

Ok let me correct you on a few points richard.

1. "Chipping" an xbox does not cause an over heat. the over heat comes from an xbox that is a Pre-jasper motherboard type Xbox. in other words an older xbox, none of the newer xboxs suffer from overheat chipped or not.

2. an xbox isnt chipped per se. its actually just loaded with a new bios for the dvd drive. nothing hardware is changed. your friend machine probably overheated because the new game he just bought had higher end graphics and sound and made the GPU and CPU work harder and produce more heat.

3. the Ps1, ps2 and ps3 can be "chipped" so no worries there.

My personal opinion is currently the xbox 360 is better than the ps3 due to the fact that there are a whole lot more games out for it.

Greg

Wow thanks for the information guys,

ive checked on google that some people are saying we can play Blu Ray movies with Xbox 360 and somes says you cant. And if Xbox 360's can play back up games online bought from MBK i will certainly play xbox 360

still looking into it now

emm xbox 360 or ps3 lol

ps3 is blueray, xbox is not

ps3 you can stream video direct from your pc with the free ps3 media server.

i typically download tv shows and movies 720p / 1080 from the web, and watch them on my hdtv using the ps3. VERY simple to do.

ps3 is super simple to use, i find the controller simpler to use and as for games you will be paying full price, but you should be anyway, if you didnt pay for games there'd be none to play.

most games are 2k or under. usually 1500, you wont be buying or playing a thousand games even if you could buy them from 100b each, you'll find you only like and play half a dozen.

the hardware is better for the price (cpu & gpu). all the popular games are on both platforms except for sony's only killer title games like gran turismo which is ps3 only.

everything else like COD, GTA etc are on both platforms.

IMO i ditched xbox for ps3 (had both, killed one off), but i like playing GTA and gran turismo (GT), which is only available on ps3.

oh and let's not forget that in a few months the PS3 will have the move controller available - which xbox does not have.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/10/...aystation-move/

Edited by foxxx

Wow thanks for the information guys,

ive checked on google that some people are saying we can play Blu Ray movies with Xbox 360 and somes says you cant. And if Xbox 360's can play back up games online bought from MBK i will certainly play xbox 360

still looking into it now

emm xbox 360 or ps3 lol

XBOX360 does not do Blu-Ray. that's where PS3 has the advantage. MS has said it will never go Blu-Ray. why, i have no idea...

Post discussing modding game consoles deleted.

Just a reminder that this is in fact against Thaivisa rules, even if it has slipped notice from time to time.

Good luck making your choice OP (..im a ps fan...even though i was part of a team that did some conversion work for xbox. But thats because i was a fan of the ps games. Then again..i used to own both consoles..so i was just greedy. :) However, I ditched both in the end for pc gaming.)

1. "Chipping" an xbox does not cause an over heat. the over heat comes from an xbox that is a Pre-jasper motherboard type Xbox. in other words an older xbox, none of the newer xboxs suffer from overheat chipped or not.

2. an xbox isnt chipped per se. its actually just loaded with a new bios for the dvd drive. nothing hardware is changed. your friend machine probably overheated because the new game he just bought had higher end graphics and sound and made the GPU and CPU work harder and produce more heat.

My personal opinion is currently the xbox 360 is better than the ps3 due to the fact that there are a whole lot more games out for it.

Greg

I haven't heard that they could chip a PS3 yet, and even if they could I would really recommend against it or you will most likely find your expensive home media and games machine is locked or bricked by Sony in the future for you voilating the T&Cs by modding the hardware.

In my opinion it's PS3 all the way. especially now there is only a slight difference in price between the two consoles and you get way more for your money with a PS3. The excellent Blu Ray player is worth the money alone, I also use it as a media center and it's awesome.

PS3 is the future!

Post discussing modding game consoles deleted.

Just a reminder that this is in fact against Thaivisa rules, even if it has slipped notice from time to time.

Good luck making your choice OP (..im a ps fan...even though i was part of a team that did some conversion work for xbox. But thats because i was a fan of the ps games. Then again..i used to own both consoles..so i was just greedy. :) However, I ditched both in the end for pc gaming.)

modding your XBOX or PS3 is absolutely not illegal. can i ask why is it against the rules to discuss this on Thai Visa?

Greg

I haven't heard that they could chip a PS3 yet, and even if they could I would really recommend against it or you will most likely find your expensive home media and games machine is locked or bricked by Sony in the future for you voilating the T&Cs by modding the hardware.

In my opinion it's PS3 all the way. especially now there is only a slight difference in price between the two consoles and you get way more for your money with a PS3. The excellent Blu Ray player is worth the money alone, I also use it as a media center and it's awesome.

PS3 is the future!

It is the famous UK Matt. Is it not? Tell me about the PS3 being 'chipped'. I would love to hear about it.

Greg

PS3 is the future!

It is the famous UK Matt. Is it not? Tell me about the PS3 being 'chipped'. I would love to hear about it.

I have no idea who you are or why you think you know me but gven the time of your post I'm betting you don't even remember writing that rubbish.

Now it's a new day and your pissed-vision has finished, read my post again and you will see that I said you CANNOT chip or mod a PS3 to play copied games, and I also said that even if you could I wouldn't.

Take it easy on the Lao Khao, or hide your laptop when you're drinking next time so you don't embarrass yourself like this in the future.

Im not an expert but I am happy I went for the ps3 because its more of a pc-console than a console. You can store data on it, read data from memory cards, cds, network. You can play dvd, any type of vid format your pc can, and even blu ray. You can play any kind of game from any kind of country as there is no regioning. I can stream movies and photos from my pc over the network to the ps3. I can do all this out of the box- no need for additional purchases. You can purchase your games via the psn store and from any territory (although I get most of mine delivered within 3 hours notice from nadzproject.com for a 200 baht delivery fee).

I purchased one thinking I just wanted some of the awesome looking games coming out at that time. I didnt really research it. I was very surprised after a while to realise all the extra stuff it could do which the xbox either flat out could not, or required silly microsoft only purchases.

If you get the psp you can stream some games, and any of your data, from your ps3 to your psp on the beach in ko samui, etc etc.. pretty neat. If your ps3 is networked with your computer, you can stream anything from your pc, via your ps3, to your psp.. on the beach or anywhere else. :)

My girlfriend loves the smaller mini games which use the sixaxis and also she spends alot of time using the built in photo software which lets you grab your photos from any external deivce and display them in pretty ways like slideshows with music (which you can also grab from ipods, etc).

Its also a pretty awesome music player, with some nice built in visuals- everyone seems to love the GAIA one which shows satellite images of the earth revolving while pumping out your fav music, looks great on a big tv.

Edited by OxfordWill

xbox can do everything that the PS3 can do *except* blu-ray. and you don't need to buy anything from MS. just sayin :)

No, that's not correct, you have to pay a yearly subscription for XBox live to be able to go online. The Xbox has more games because it had a couple of years head start but all of the PS3 exclusives that having been coming out have given it the edge.

And not having Blu Ray for the same money is a very big exception, the PS3 is a better Blu Ray player than some stand alone units that cost twice as much.

There are also plenty of xbox only exclusives too that are certainly worthy of merit (Forza Motorsport, Halo, Mass Effect) and that's not to mention that many of the previous PS exclusives have now branched out to the 360.

Many multi platform games today are developed first for the 360 and then ported over to the Playstation later, which can result in poorer performance.

I have set up media streaming on all three consoles (360 PS3 and Wii) and its much more intuitive to do it on a 360 than it is a PS3, Wii was quite easy but the video quality is rubbish). In neither case do you have to buy any add ons to do this.

I personally prefer the xbox controller over a PS3. Very subjective this one, the only way to judge is to use both yourself. There's no right or wrong answer here, its very much a personal thing.

All consoles this year get some sort of motion sensitive controller, but only Project Natal for the 360 allows you to control a game without needing to hold any controller at all. Yes, really.

The Xbox live subscription costs about THB 150 a month, I like the achievements and comparing what my friends have done in same games, the friends and party systems are excellent.

Oh, and just for the record I'd like to get a PS3 too, but not as a gaming platform, but as a Blu ray player. Having access to the occasional PS3 exclusive that catches my eye would be a bonus.

Edited by quiksilva

I've had all three consoles... the Wii, Xbox360 and PS3.

The Wii is great fun, but more of a 'kiddies' console in my opinion, the games with the motion sense controller can be a lot of fun - its worth considering the Wii if you just wanna play games with friends etc.

The Xbox 360 is also a great console, a good media extender and has good game support. Mine died with the RROD/Overheating problem and as i was primarily looking for a media streamer and not so much a gaming console, i went with the PS3 as it was cheaper and had more HD support than the Xbox 360 (True HD, Blue Ray player etc)

Its a difficult call really... Xbox vs PS3 as a lot of it is dependent on your own personal tastes and what you intend to use the console for primarily.