Butcher's Choice Brand Salsa

Daren

Desperate for a chips and salsa fix, I decided to try my chances with the locally made Butcher's Choice Spicy Salsa Sauce, and apart from the silly and repetitive name, it was great!

I was extremely skeptical at first because TiT after all, so when I got home I poured only a small amount into and a bowl. I dug a Danita's corn chip in, shoved it into my mouth, half-expecting a violent urge to spit out again to follow, but much to my taste bud's pleasure, it was good! Really good!!! I wouldn't go so far as to grace this stuff with adjectives such as 'authentic' or 'awesome', but it was far, far beyond what I expected and I managed to devour half the bottle before slowing my ravenous pace.

The price was what sold me - 74B for 450grams at Foodland - a steal compared to the imported stuff(!!!), but I'm so pleased with this "find"! Butcher's Choice seem to offer two other varieties - Garlic and Standard - as well as other canned goods (why do we call still them 'canned' when they're in a jar?) for decent prices. Their dill pickles almost won my attention today, but I'm very glad I chose the salsa. I will give the pickles a go another day, but they are made with completely mature cuces, big seeds and all, so my hopes are quite low indeed for those as well.

Any one else care to comment on Butcher's Choice brand products?

Another good locally made salsa is branded EL SAPO Picante. >www.nanaproducts.com< Three level of hotness with the hotest not very hot. Unfortunately, it is very slightly sweet. I add a little lime juice and some extra chilies. It's sorta like Paces Picante Sause. Too bad that there are no good local corn chips.

Desperate for a chips and salsa fix, I decided to try my chances with the locally made Butcher's Choice Spicy Salsa Sauce, and apart from the silly and repetitive name, it was great!

I was extremely skeptical at first because TiT after all, so when I got home I poured only a small amount into and a bowl. I dug a Danita's corn chip in, shoved it into my mouth, half-expecting a violent urge to spit out again to follow, but much to my taste bud's pleasure, it was good! Really good!!! I wouldn't go so far as to grace this stuff with adjectives such as 'authentic' or 'awesome', but it was far, far beyond what I expected and I managed to devour half the bottle before slowing my ravenous pace.

The price was what sold me - 74B for 450grams at Foodland - a steal compared to the imported stuff(!!!), but I'm so pleased with this "find"! Butcher's Choice seem to offer two other varieties - Garlic and Standard - as well as other canned goods (why do we call still them 'canned' when they're in a jar?) for decent prices. Their dill pickles almost won my attention today, but I'm very glad I chose the salsa. I will give the pickles a go another day, but they are made with completely mature cuces, big seeds and all, so my hopes are quite low indeed for those as well.

Any one else care to comment on Butcher's Choice brand products?

PM me if the Butcher's Choice pickles don't suit your taste.