World Cup Fantasy Football League

NADTATIDA1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe.

i picked a side with no english players in. not on purpose, just happened that way.

Mine's got Gerrard and Rooney in it. I might have to dump F****g Wayne F****g Rooney sharpish if he gets sent off for abusive language!

be interesting to see if refs really do crack down on it as fifa has said. there's a fine line between the respect campaign and sending off a couple of the tournament's most marketable shirt-selling stars.

11 geckoes

Mes que un club

Madmitch XI

Come on lads who are you,you wouldn't want to be bin bagged would you now! :D

^more importantly i hope they crack down on diving,time wasting and unsporting behaviour,ie telling the refs when to book players...drives me nuts....that would be a start!

Carmine it is easy if you read the instructions :)

Also any more people want to join before kick-off tonight,please verify your team name on this thread so i can add you before the comp starts.

Cheers Nads

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Ok 25 teams in the Competition as of now, anybody else be quick ok!

Good luck to all of you and enjoy the tournament! :)

1 NADS

2 beano2274

3 LeungKen

4 bkkjames

5 bkkblues

6 Jockstars

7 Craigm16

8 W13

9 Toasted

10 ScotsAway

11 Thaimiller

12 mrtoad1966

13 AnotherTorresFC

14 Seetecha F

15 PDR Freedonia

16 LuckyLew

17 MaccLad

18 LiteBeer

19 Sharecropper United

20 Seapock 2010

21 Smokie36

22 Justins Jokers

23 11 geckoes

24 Mes que un club

25 Madmitch XI

Ledley King out Philip Lahm in.....how's everyone doing so far?

I'm doing <deleted>. Didnt realise you had to adjust your team now and again. :)

Nats is way ahead. However, only half of my team have kicked a ball yet.

Ledley King out Philip Lahm in.....how's everyone doing so far?

I'm doing <deleted>. Didnt realise you had to adjust your team now and again. :)

Nats is way ahead. However, only half of my team have kicked a ball yet.

I'm the same mate. So i have now adjusted my team.

Ok lads the early scores on the boards......:D just to point out that i have used quite a few of my transfers up already ....but for most there is certainly room for improvement and time to do so!

:D

Up there to be shot at as they say,come on lads manage your teams.

1 Nads 48

2 LuckyLew 26

3 Mes Que Un Club 26

4 Scots Away 21

5 Maccla 20

6 Toasted 18

7 Seetecha FC 17

8 Craigm16 16

9 beano2274 16

10 AnotherTorresFC 14

11 W13 14

12 Lite Beer 13

13 Sharecropper United 12

14 mrtoad1966 11

14 Seapok_2010 11

16 bkkjames 8

17 bkkblues 8

18 Thaimiller 7

19 LeungKen 7

20 smokie36 5

21 Justin's Jokers 4

22 madmitch XI 4

23 Jockstars 3 :)

23 11 Geckoes 3

23 PDR Freedonia 3

Edited by NADTATIDA1

^ :)

Teams entered so far, have a few more who have said they will enter so with a day or so to go looks like we will have a pretty good league to play at.

There is also a private league championship which takes the best 5 scores average from each league so we can challenge other leagues in that championship.

I would say to all the participants to read up on the transfer and basic rules for team changes and scoring points.

Also at the end of the day it is a bit of fun and interest for board members to pit there football knowledge and luck :D against each other in the World Cup!Anyone who wishes to join up must do so before the first game,so keep em coming.

Nads.

:D Always read the instructions on the box first! come on Smokie plenty of time left yet....

Teams entered so far, have a few more who have said they will enter so with a day or so to go looks like we will have a pretty good league to play at.

There is also a private league championship which takes the best 5 scores average from each league so we can challenge other leagues in that championship.

I would say to all the participants to read up on the transfer and basic rules for team changes and scoring points.

Also at the end of the day it is a bit of fun and interest for board members to pit there football knowledge and luck :D against each other in the World Cup!Anyone who wishes to join up must do so before the first game,so keep em coming.

Nads.

:D Always read the instructions on the box first! come on Smokie plenty of time left yet....

Nads I see you're up there with the champions league mob (33rd place!!) if you need a hand carrying those boxes of cash....just offering..... :D

Nads.

Nads I see you're up there with the champions league mob (33rd place!!) if you need a hand carrying those boxes of cash....just offering..... :D

:D JOINT 3RD NOW DIZZY!! UP THERE!

Team Changes

TeamChanges.jpg Had enough of your midfield maestro's ego? Has injury robbed you of your inspirational forward? Or have you simply found a better defender to marshall your back four?

If you want to make changes to your team then you're going to have use a transfer:

• Before the first game of the tournament, you can make unlimited changes to your team, meaning you can fine tune your selection right up to the big kick-off.
  • Once the tournament has begun you will receive 30 transfers to use during the tournament.
  • You can use a maximum of 15 transfers in a Game Period and there are two Game Periods so be careful not to use all your transfers before the final.<LI sizset="0" sizcache="7">The Game Periods are:
    Game PeriodWorld Cup StageStartEnd Game Period 1Group matches11/06/10 15:00:0025/06/10 23:59:59Game Period 2Knockout matches26/06/10 00:00:0012/07/10 00:00:00
  • Transfers can be made at anytime, but must be completed before the scheduled kick-off time of the incoming player's next match in order to score points from that match.
  • When making transfers you must stay within the players per nation quota and use either a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 formation.
  • Remember, in the group stage you are restricted to two players per nation. It goes up to three per nation in the first two rounds of the knockout stages and then you can select four players from any one nation for the semifinal, third placed play-off and the final.
  • To make a transfer login to your team and click on Make Transfers.

Ok lads used all my transfers now so there to be shot at .....3rd in the overall competition so quite lofty at the moment lol.

The Private league championship we are in 129th position with 160 points this takes the top 5 scores from your league and totals them.

So i see most of you have not attempted to make transfers but are probably saving them remember 15 transfers to be used up until the 25th june and then you get another 15 transfers until the end of the tournament.

Who is washington United by the way confirm by private mail or on here please and i will accept you :) ......we could do with you ...Good luck all!!

Edited by NADTATIDA1

I was disappointed with my own lack of footy nous. Yesterday I decided to get rid of a Brazilian defender,as I had two, and to put likely-to-free-score Kaka in instead.

I had Macon and Alves, and, not really knowing much about them, with a click of the mouse I decided to delete Macon.

BIG mistake!

Edited by sharecropper