Travelers’ Choice Destination Awards!

KO LANTA HONORED AS A TOP DESTINATION IN TRIPADVISOR’S 2010 TRAVELERS’ CHOICE DESTINATION AWARDS

Ko Lanta, Thailand, was chosen as a Best Destination in 3 categories, Beach & Sun, Romance, and Relaxation & Spa by TripAdvisor® in the 2010 Travelers’ Choice® Destination Awards, with Lanta Longtail / Sun Island Tours, Kantiang Bay and Lanta Klong Nin Beach being given a special mention in the ‘Don’t Miss’ section of each award.

Beach & Sun: Ko Lanta – 1st Place in Thailand, 3rd Place in Asia

Romance: Ko Lanta – 1st Place in Thailand, 4th Place in Asia

Relaxation & Spa: Ko Lanta – 2nd Place in Thailand, 6th Place in Asia

The TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Destination awards and honours the world’s top destinations, earning their distinction from those who know them best – real travelers.

TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winners are based on the millions of real reviews and opinions from travelers on TripAdvisor.com™. The top destinations were determined by a combination of TripAdvisor travelers’ favorite places and overall popularity on TripAdvisor.

“Millions of travelers on TripAdvisor have identified the world’s most amazing destinations”

said Christine Petersen, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor.

“From stunningly beautiful locales to spots with outstanding attractions, the 2010 Travelers’ Choice Destination Award winners are truly incredible places that travelers love.”

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TCDestinations-cBeachSun-g2

Obviously another pay off award. :)

No it's not just another paid off award, my friends Bangkok hotel got sixth place Best B&B guesthouse in Asia, all down to hardwork. Tripdavisor is a UK based site not Thai or Asian.

Obviously another pay off award. :D

No it's not just another paid off award, my friends Bangkok hotel got sixth place Best B&B guesthouse in Asia, all down to hardwork. Tripdavisor is a UK based site not Thai or Asian.

I'm so impressed. :)

I went to Lanta for the first time last Christmas. Went all over the island. In general found it pretty under-whelming. Many of the beaches are full of rocks. Some areas are quite dirty - litter and such.

Won't be rushing back.

Tripadvisor is a great site though.

never really got Ko Lanta...its big and underwhelming. i travelled to every beach and not one of them was even remotely in the same league as krabi, ko lipe, ko phnan ngang, ko chang etc etc etc

Precisely my experience. Went there on the back of articles like this one raving about the place. Expected some sort of unspoilt paradise. Going from the mainland to the island you really can't tell the difference. Speaking of the mainland, found Krabi a bit anti-climatic too.

A restaurant in Koh Phangan, open a couple of years ago. has a 20 positive Trip Advisor reports in few months.

The owner, the family and some friends send several reports to the website...

1993 - First time I set foot on what was beautiful Ko Lanta.

Stayed at Waterfall Bay Resort at the end of the island (next to some natural reserve). The road (if you can call it that) required 4x4 to traverse it. No electricity on the resort. Only generators during evening dinner.

Spectacular beach. No mobile phones, tv's - at the time said, the most romantic place I had ever seen on earth. Too bad I was traveling with 3 mates. blink.gif