I Need A Gyro

KRS1

Lamb, a lamb gyro, not beef not chicken , but a real lamb gyro (yes i understand meats are mixed together) with that tziziki sauce. Not ketchup, not chili sauce and not a UK style Donor, i need a gyro i tell you.

Where oh where are there real gyros in chiang mai...?

Please dont make me make it myself again for the umpteenth time.

real lamb and the white sauce?

Some of you folks are just unbelievable.

i need a real gyro, its an addiction much like crack.

Edited by KRS1

I have no idea what a real gyro tastes like, but there is a good medium priced Middle Eastern restaurant directly acrioss the street from the Shangri La Hotel with good lamb and all the other ingredients. The chef is Lebanese.

However, I'm not sure if he sells gyros. but he does not have a lot of customers these days, so it would probably not be difficult to get him to try carrying them.

I walked past that place , but didnt see any mention of lamb on the picture sign in front so didnt inquire.

I had a chicken kabob at a indian place on rachwithi, but there was some kind of weird chemical smell, almost like rubbing alcohol...and the white sauce was thai salad dressing..... :)

I walked past that place , but didnt see any mention of lamb on the picture sign in front so didnt inquire.

I think that they call it  "meat' on the menu, but a buddy who loves Middle Eastern food and has spent a lot of time there says it is the best that he has had in Thailand.  :)

I had a chicken kabob at a indian place on rachwithi, but there was some kind of weird chemical smell, almost like rubbing alcohol...and the white sauce was thai salad dressing..... :)

but they taste bloody good after a few beers

oops small corection, i didn't walk past that place.

I went to a jewish place somewhere around the thapae/ratchadamnoen area. Asked the girl ouside if they had lamb, she said yes..but when i got inside the foreign owner said no. - go figure.

They did however have tziziki sauce and good pita, if they would have just had lamb i could've made my own gyro at the table.

Unfortunately they have an uncalled for "10% service charge " which won't attract this gyro starved connoisseur back to their establishment....well..it 'is' a jewish place.

Simple tziziki recipe:

foremost sour cream

kraft mayo

knorr chicken seasoning

garlic

dill

green onion (my preference)

I went to a jewish place somewhere around the thapae/ratchadamnoen area. Asked the girl ouside if they had lamb, she said yes..but when i got inside the foreign owner said no. - go figure.

They did however have tziziki sauce and good pita, if they would have just had lamb i could've made my own gyro at the table.

Unfortunately they have an uncalled for "10% service charge " which won't attract this gyro starved connoisseur back to their establishment....well..it 'is' a jewish place.

Simple tziziki recipe:

foremost sour cream

kraft mayo

knorr chicken seasoning

garlic

dill

First of all, it's called Tzatziki sauce, and this is the most disgusting and un-authentic tzatziki recipe I have ever seen. Tzatziki is made with whole (sour, Greek) yogurt, and cucumbers. You're missing the 2 most important ingredients. You did get the garlic and dill right, but jesus christ man. Mayo?

And did you really just make a wildly anti-semitic remark like "10% service...well..'is' a jewish place". ??? annoyed.gif

Unbelievable. I hope you never find your gyro. Or if you do, it poisons you.

Edited by harveyBKK

Simple tziziki recipe:

foremost sour cream

kraft mayo

knorr chicken seasoning

garlic

dill

this is sick sh_ _ the jewish comment is bad, but typical for rednecks around here so not suprising other than human is so out of touch to write stupid ,bigoted views ,

but sour cream ,mayo ,Knorr chicken seasoning is truel;y so off the mark ,so wrong ,it is just sick!! For this you should be jailed !

A lunch visit to the Arab restaurant near the Shangri La Hotel.  Ordered Sharwama or Arab version of gyro and some lamb and tomato  stew with Arab bread.

I say... I wouldn't recommend this place, in the other words, very greatly disappointed.   But please don't take my word too seriously.

Simple tziziki recipe:

foremost sour cream

kraft mayo

knorr chicken seasoning

garlic

dill

First of all, it's called Tzatziki sauce, and this is the most disgusting and un-authentic tzatziki recipe I have ever seen. Tzatziki is made with whole (sour, Greek) yogurt, and cucumbers. You're missing the 2 most important ingredients. You did get the garlic and dill right, but jesus christ man. Mayo?

And did you really just make a wildly anti-semitic remark like "10% service...well..'is' a jewish place". ??? annoyed.gif

Unbelievable. I hope you never find your gyro. Or if you do, it poisons you.

Maybe you can send Zohan to take me out, that'd be quicker.

Simple tziziki recipe:

foremost sour cream

kraft mayo

knorr chicken seasoning

garlic

dill

this is sick sh_ _ the jewish comment is bad, but typical for rednecks around here so not suprising other than human is so out of touch to write stupid ,bigoted views ,

but sour cream ,mayo ,Knorr chicken seasoning is truel;y so off the mark ,so wrong ,it is just sick!! For this you should be jailed !

wait wait wait, you just called me a redneck - then a bigot, any contradiction here?

I suppose every spaghetti recipe in the world is the same.

Simple tziziki recipe:

foremost sour cream

kraft mayo

knorr chicken seasoning

garlic

dill

wait wait wait, you just called me a redneck - then a bigot, any contradiction here?

I suppose every spaghetti recipe in the world is the same.

Hahaha, he's probably like Ben Stein where he just starts calling everyone anti-semitic at the slightest mention of the word "Jew" in anything.

I know a few "Jewish" places in CM with good, reasonably priced food and no service charge at all. Posting narrow-minded  racial stereotypes in just not necessary. 

Can you be more specific about what kind of food these Jewish places serve e.g., Isreali, Jewish-American?

One is a sponsor and his link is at the top of the page. He serves International food, healthy food, really excellent baked goods and also some Jewish deli specials. The emphasis of the place is good food, rather than Jewish food. Please click on the Butter is Better link at the top of the CM forum page for more information.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I know a few "Jewish" places in CM with good, reasonably priced food and no service charge at all. Posting narrow-minded racial stereotypes in just not necessary.

Correct, there is absolutely no reason to be calling me a redneck. :)