Apply for Certificate of Residence At Jomtien

I understand that a certificate of residence (COR) is required to sell or buy a motorcycle or car or truck.

What are the required documents and cost to obtain a COR at Jomtien immigration?

How long is the process?

Are 2 different COR required when trading in an old motorcycle for a new motorcycle?

On 1/31/2021 at 2:08 PM, dodgybros said:
  • your passport
  • copy of your passport’s photo page
  • copy of your visa (if applicable)
  • copy of your TM6 Departure Card
  • copy of your Receipt of Address Notification
  • copy of your lease/house book with your name and address
  • two passport-size photos

300 baht

drop off the paperwork and normally go back an hour later to pick up COR.

Today they also wanted photo copy of the passport page containing the entry stamp, and the retirement visa made 7 years ago and the extension stamp page. Also had to fill in a form handed out at the reception desk.

They didn't want a copy of the chanote or blue book, proof of condo ownership. No lease and no house book.

7 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Today they also wanted photo copy of the passport page containing the entry stamp, and the retirement visa made 7 years ago and the extension stamp page. Also had to fill in a form handed out at the reception desk.

They didn't want a copy of the chanote or blue book, proof of condo ownership. No lease and no house book.

Strewth..... easier to get the extension!

But nothing to verify the actual reason you were asking for a COR? In my last case, to get a new blue book for the truck,... they wanted a copy of that too!

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

But nothing to verify the actual reason you were asking for a COR? In my last case, to get a new blue book for the truck,... they wanted a copy of that too!

I was selling a motorcycle, buying a motorcycle, and buying a car, 3 CORs. IO asked for the page of the green book showing I was the owner of motorcycle being sold, which I gave her. Also asked for all the books for the vehicles being purchased, but I didn't have any of them since I can't purchase them until I get the COR.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Would it be more easy to state you need 2 COR for car and bike licence or would that cause an issue.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not in Pattya, but when applying for my 1-year extension of stay at my SiSaKet IO I wanted to make use of the opportunity to get hold of a CoR in order to apply for a Thai driving-license.

Answer: not possible, SiSaKet IO (and it seems also some other IOs) want that you first get a signed CoR request-form at your local DLT in order to provide you with it.

So in my case, that means a total journey of +200 km, first to the DLT to get that request-form, then back to SiSaKet IO to get the CoR, and then back to the DLT to apply for my Thai driving-license.

Time and effort of applicants to meet those bureaucratic requirements, seem to be of no concern.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Would it be more easy to state you need 2 COR for car and bike licence or would that cause an issue.

I am not in the habit of outright lying... oh and by the way, I never get 2 CORs when renewing both my licences. One and make a copy.....  Funnily enough my bike green book was full soon next due tax payment.... but I dug out the old COR from when I did the truck (they returned it) and that was OK for them. The lady in that glass box is power mad!

43 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Time and effort of applicants to meet those bureaucratic requirements, seem to be of no concern.

When I was getting a tax ID they sent me to get a COR, and Pattaya immigration then said I needed a letter off the tax office requesting the COR. The people in the tax office scratched their heads in bewilderment. I was sent back and forth like it was just fun for them.... 

An old copy of a COR was found and the tax people took that ... a little more flexible than the lady in the Soi 5 glass box. When (and why) did CORs become so difficult?

On 2/1/2021 at 10:47 PM, Banana7 said:

I feel sorry for you, I did mine less than a month ago and breezed through with the above mentioned documentation.

Archived