Fun Ride Accident At Dream World

george

Fun ride accident

By The Nation on Sunday

Published on June 13, 2010

PATHUM THANI: -- A 15-year-old boy broke his arm and hurt his back after being "thrown off" the Spider thrill ride at Dream World Fun Park yesterday.

Pongthorn Singkhalo went to the amusement park in Pathum Thani with five family members. His brother, 13, told police it looked like Pongthorn was ejected from his seat, which was about two metres above ground, during the last spin around.

Dream World manager Thije Mansap said the park would pay all the boy's medical bills. Staff closed the ride pending a safety check.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-06-13

Oh Dear, Why is this banal stuff presented to us as NEWS ?... And prior to the extremes of negligence on behalf of the ride provider or the unfortunate rider being established ? And why, with precious few posts would I respond to this ? And why, to the grammar police, would I start a sentence with a preposition ? Beats me, but TV humourists and generalists are welcome to reply with anything more interesting. Beyond the flames, I'm thinking that some wag can come up with a Khun T, a Khun A... or even a BP connection.

K. George.... I heard somewhere that a boy fell out of a tree. Present as news and discuss how trees have to be held accountable in this enlightened age.

Well I am glad I saw this! I was going to take my family there next weekend but may not bother now I know about this.

You know the other day there was also a car accident in Bangkok and not so long ago I heard there was a plane crash on an international flight.Oh I forgot about the train that derailed and then I even don't mention the hundreds of bike accidents.

Maybe it's just safer you stay at home from now on.

lol, makes me think of people asking if it is safe to come out here what with the bombings in deep south and troubles in bangers, even though they drive bikes drunk without helmets and bang brasses bare back!

Some of the Posters are not aware how lucky they are to have the possibility to confront the Administrators in TV in the way they do.

I happy with any Information of accidents in an Amusement park. There should nothing happen, that is not a tree climbing or a road accident, that is an attraction which I pay to use and should be safe in doing so! If not and accident happen, good to hear from that in TV.

I used to be writing in the German language //deleted// Forum, if you confront the Adm. in the open Forumpart you Terminated.

No discussion!

Edited by webfact
forum reference deleted

It would clarify the story if petinent information was included. Oh, I don't know, but things like;

- Was the boy strapped in or did he undo his harness?

- Did the harness break?

- Was there a mechanical impairment at the time

It is not particularly fair to the amusement park to provide "news" like this without full detail. Repeating the story merely disseminates incomplete information.

At least we have been spared a photo of people pointing at the injured child.

Edited by geriatrickid

geriatrickid.

It would clarify the story if petinent information was included. Oh, I don't know, but things like;

- Did the harness break?

It is not particularly fair to the amusement park to provide "news" like this without full detail. Repeating the story merely disseminates incomplete information.

Too true.. a half cock story that does not really inform any of us as to the truth of the matter, bad news is good news for the fourth estate.

There are three sides to this particular issue,. The side of the injured person, the side of Dream World, then, last but not least , THE TRUTH.

Edited by siampolee

- Did the harness break?

I've always wondered about the pointing at dead bodies/injured people videos and photos. *Looks at the camera and points to the headless motorbike victim* Like the situation is invisible until its pointed at with magic fingertips.

I happy with any Information of accidents in an Amusement park. There should nothing happen, that is not a tree climbing or a road accident, that is an attraction which I pay to use and should be safe in doing so! If not and accident happen, good to hear from that in TV.

Yes. I would say the same. An Amusement park should be a safer place for kids and cannot compared to traffic accidents or kids falling of a tree.

Customers trust these operations and that their kids are safe at this places.

It is good the hear about and should be inspected of it was the result of a breach of security regulation, human error, negligence, a technical failure or a freak accident nobody ever considered that this could happen.

Similar rides are in parks all over the world, expected to be safe, but such accidents show there is still room for improvement.

It is also a standard news item, if such accidents happen in Quebec, Bangalore or Paris it can make it to the newspaper in Philadelphia, Sydney or Moscow. Not page one, but it will get mentioned, don't matter if there is a change that readers visit this far away destinations in the near future or most likely never will. Amusement park accident stories are part of the newspaper since ever they happen

So it is not that unusual that this accident is 'news' in Thailand, but, as geriatrickid point it out, the article is poorly written.

Oh Dear, Why is this banal stuff presented to us as NEWS ?... And prior to the extremes of negligence on behalf of the ride provider or the unfortunate rider being established ? And why, with precious few posts would I respond to this ? And why, to the grammar police, would I start a sentence with a preposition ? Beats me, but TV humourists and generalists are welcome to reply with anything more interesting. Beyond the flames, I'm thinking that some wag can come up with a Khun T, a Khun A... or even a BP connection.

K. George.... I heard somewhere that a boy fell out of a tree. Present as news and discuss how trees have to be held accountable in this enlightened age.

Sorry, this is mindless DRIBBLE, all of it. If you don't want to read this particular section of news, dont frigging well click on the link - SIMPLE. Its not Rocket Science.:)

As has been stated above, if your not interested in this news, don't read it... either way posting here to moan and complain isn't a very constructive use of your time and doesn't add anything to the discussion (which other people might be interested in)

And be careful attacking George, you might find your stay here short lived :)

Well I am glad I saw this! I was going to take my family there next weekend but may not bother now I know about this.

You know the other day there was also a car accident in Bangkok and not so long ago I heard there was a plane crash on an international flight.Oh I forgot about the train that derailed and then I even don't mention the hundreds of bike accidents.

Maybe it's just safer you stay at home from now on.

feel free to take your kids there if you want! If I go to such a place I do not expect my kid to end up in hospital. Safety should be top priority in an amusement park for kids.

Like I say, I did not go this weekend I took my little one to the ocean world instead.

Thanks for the news George.

Accidents happen, bit vague the story. But, you can have an accident getting out of bed ...walking to yer car ...driving to dreamworld (and back again) ...and so on.

Yep I have kids and yep I've been there 3 times with them, no nasty accidents there or on the way there/back or even getting out of bed ... accidents/<deleted> happens, Dreamworld is a cheap and fun place to take yer kids so don't worry too much and don't dissappoint yer kids :)