Kiteboarders Overhere?

gekkie

Hi Everyone!!

Just introducing myself here.....arrived here in kamala on early retirement base (54), followed iko course kiteboardcourse 2 years ago in Boracay....didn`t practice since then(no time),

bought me kiteboardequipment and looking now for someone to help me start up again......a few lessons or tips maybe....time is no problem.....

`m also fan of bicycleriding....riding every 2 days an hour or to....if some wanna join.......?

You can always contact me 0872630701 or via this forum......

Regards,

Jan/Kamala/Belgium.........wherever....

There's a couple of different operators at Nai Yang beach by the airport. Kite Zone and Kite board Asia are the two that come to mind. They both have websites which are easily findable in google.

Quite a few kiteboarders here. On good wind days I have counted 20 Kites up in Chalong Bay. And due to the season wind changes, both shops are presently located (June 2010) on the west side of the island up at Nai Yang as mentioned, then in the high season (Nov-May) they are down in the east side in the Chalong/Rawai area to take advantage of the easterly winds.

I got certified with Bob from KBA, and have dealt with Kite Zone as well, and I think both shops are adequate. Bob is an older German guy with lots of experience, and Kite Zone is a younger group, some of them certified by Bob years ago then started their own shop. I recommend you check them both out and decide which you feel more comfortable with.

Welcome to Phuket!

SB

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

I`m riding a mountainbike with small road tyres....so 99% road nowadays.....still have the big tyres but did not use them yet overhere......

Don`t really like the seat position on race bikes...so i got stucked with my MTB......but it goes quite fast.....

You can always contact me...my cellnr:0872630701....

Greetz from Kamala,

Jan