Coffee Grinders (Burr)

rnr

Does anyone have any ideas of where to buy a reasonable coffee grinder offering a fine grind? A burr would be great, but I guess they will be pricey in Thailand too. Looking to buy in Bangkok or Koh Samui.

Thanks for any help.

On Samui - Mae Nam, coming from Bophut/Chaweng, right Hand approx. just opposite "Kalara" Properties - "75" prof. Kitchensuppliers for Hotel and Cateringservices - make sure you buy a grinding mill, not one of these 1 rotating blade "crushers"

Edited by Samuian

After going thru several electric coffee grinders, I bought an old fashioned hand grain grinder for 600thb at Makro and it's dual purpose in that i can grind grains as well as coffee. The grind can be adjusted easily to whatever texture you desire and not affected by power outtages. This grinder will easily outlast me!!

• 4 weeks later...

Believe me, I did some extensive search for Conical Burr Grinders in Bangkok. In the major electrical stores, they mostly sell blade or wheel burr. Finally bought the Starbucks Barista for under THB5000. Possibly the best conical burr for the price. Been using it for the last 6 months mostly for Med-Course grinds (French Press), so haven't used it for the expresso machine. You can do some research on this machine which has received some very good reviews. You can buy it from most Starbucks.

Jaideeguy > Will look out for the handgrinder at Mackro for my travels :)

• 2 months later...

Homepro sell the KRups grinder for round 3500b. It works quite well for home use espresso...grinds very fine and evenly.

Is that machine a burr grinder?

I've also checked at Makro Chaengwattana for their hand grinder but they don't stock them.

Would prefer a Hario ceramic burr hand grinder but cannot locate any in Bangkok?