Your England Starting Xi

2long

At least Gareth Barry is going to play..... :D He is such an important player for us now! simply because we have nobody else :)

Keano! Keano!...... :D

Cut me some slack, it's early, but please explain that one Smokie

Been on the Wacky Backy:o .

Ps when is someone going to sort out these emotions, spoiling my repartee completely.

Sorry to hear you're all becoming a tad emotional ...only to be expected when facing the mammoth task of beating the Algerians. I was a bit pissed yeah but only highlighting the importance placed on Barry's shoulders now.....let's hope he don't let you all down!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry's importance is hugely inccreased because Capello would not pick the other holding midfield who he deemed good enough to make the trip, choosing to change us to a tried and failed formation.

Barry's importance is hugely inccreased because Capello would not pick the other holding midfield who he deemed good enough to make the trip, choosing to change us to a tried and failed formation.

This is why he tried to persuade Scholes. Trouble is there's just no one else with Hargreaves still out.

This is why he tried to persuade Scholes. Trouble is there's just no one else with Hargreaves still out.

You might be right there, but Scholes would probably be on a red card suspension already and still not yet finished the follow through from his five second late tackle :)

You might be right there, but Scholes would probably be on a red card suspension already and still not yet finished the follow through from his five second late tackle :D

Possibly but I reckon Rooney would definitely have had athe ball passed to him in the final third of the pitch by now. :)

I'm probaly going over old ground here but at the end of the day our players just aint good enough, only one decent holding player (Barry) who isn't great, no mobile centre back's, one good forward, one good left back, Gerrard's ok and thats about it.

Anyway the good news is that the premier league fixtures are out today.

You might be right there, but Scholes would probably be on a red card suspension already and still not yet finished the follow through from his five second late tackle :D

Possibly but I reckon Rooney would definitely have had athe ball passed to him in the final third of the pitch by now. :)

He had the ball passed to him many times against the USA but just lost flipping possession.

Team for next game against Slovenia

Assuming Capello plays 4 4 2

James

Warnock Dawson Terry Cole

Lennon Gerrard Barry J.Cole

Defoe Crouch

I like you're thinking....if only King and Huddlestone were available...... :whistling:

England/Slovenia

James

Johnson

Dawson

Terry

Cole

Lampard

Barry

Cole

Gerard

Rooney

Crouch

Shhh carmine don't tell him to pick a balanced and experienced side who might be able to win a game.

He won't pick that side anyway......SWP Milner and Heskey pint of lager packet of crisps and a huge smile on my face when I see the starting XI please.

:lol:

England/Slovenia

James

Johnson

Dawson

Terry

Cole

Lampard

Barry

Cole

Gerard

Rooney

Crouch

Shhh carmine don't tell him to pick a balanced and experienced side who might be able to win a game.

He won't pick that side anyway......SWP Milner and Heskey pint of lager packet of crisps and a huge smile on my face when I see the starting XI please.

:lol:

If he picks heskey and also plays Wright-Philips, he is a double agent and should be sacked at half time!!!!

Seriously though, Heskey, don't you just know he's first name on the team sheet. :( That is, cos he gets the best out of Rooney, does'nt he Fabio :cheesy:

I can appreciate England have a shortage of decent strikers but what's Milner doing in the squad? I don't geddit can someone enlighten me please?

:unsure:

Because,before the competition started, iust about everybody on this Forum had Milner in their squad.And did I hear any moans and groans when Capello put him.?....no.One bad game,where apparently he was feeling unwell,and he's become a sack of shit.If hes O.K.,I'd definitely have him in the team against Slovenia

I can appreciate England have a shortage of decent strikers but what's Milner doing in the squad? I don't geddit can someone enlighten me please?

Because,before the competition started, iust about everybody on this Forum had Milner in their squad.And did I hear any moans and groans when Capello put him.?....no.One bad game,where apparently he was feeling unwell,and he's become a sack of shit.If hes O.K.,I'd definitely have him in the team against Slovenia

Who would you take out to accomodate Milner?

I'd leave Lampard out. Play Barry alongside Gerrard in the middle with Cole on the right. If Milner is fit play him on the left. Let Gerrard boss the game without Lampard getting in the way.

Edited by smokie36

Lennon .If he can't get the better of Bocanegra (he shit himself when one on one and took the easy sideways option)then he doesn't deserve to be playing professional football,let alone in the World Cup.

Lennon .If he can't get the better of Bocanegra (he shit himself when one on one and took the easy sideways option)then he doesn't deserve to be playing professional football,let alone in the World Cup.

Yes Lennons been dreadful its the creative players that have been the worst and he's been atrocious.

Defoe and Rooney upfront, Milner, Cole, Barry or Carrick and Gerrard ... it needs a huge overhaul.

James

Johnson

Dawson

Terry

A.Cole

Lampard

Barry

J.Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

Pretty sure I read somewhere official that Upson is starting and not Dawson, unless they ban Terry which I recommend highly. :lol:

According to Talksport the team is :

James

Johnson

Upson

Terry

Cole

Milner

Barry

Lampard

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

Lets hope not :o

Team for next game against Slovenia

Assuming Capello plays 4 4 2

James

Warnock Dawson Terry Cole

Lennon Gerrard Barry J.Cole

Defoe Crouch

I like you're thinking....if only King and Huddlestone were available...... :whistling:

Only a <deleted> would leave Rooney out.

Crouch with the Loon for me. Teams ( overseas ) take one look at Crouch's height and play at least two defenders on him at all set pieces. He's not the worlds worst, but his heading ability does not really match his height, however when he's in the box other nations defenders simply can't resist multi-marking, leaving the Loon space to get it in..............

Starting 11 against Germany tonight.

James

Johnson

King

Terry

A.Cole

Lampard

Barry

Milner

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

I think you will find the team is staying the same. King's not fit for a couple more days, or so says the English press!

Starting 11 against Germany tonight.

James

Johnson

King

Terry

A.Cole

Lampard

Barry

Milner

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

I think you will find the team is staying the same. King's not fit for a couple more days, or so says the English press!

0-0 with 20 mins to go, Rodney ( Crouch) comes on for Defoe and causes havoc, England win 1-0 :) .