Uk Visa For Thai Girlfriend

Hi I am about to start an application for my thai girlfriend.

Going for the 6 month visitor visa.

I'll be the sponsor etc so I have lots of documents in support of the visa from my side.

I'm in England and she's in Thailand. Do I have to post all of this sensitive information

to her for her visit to the embassy?

As most of you will understand it's an identity theft extravagansa.

In the past i've had many many packages disappear once entering the Land of Smiles.

Many Thanks

-J

Yes, she will need to present the supporting documents when she submits her application to the Visa Application Centre.

You should send original documents where possible, or certified copies. Except for your passport, of course, where you send a certified copy.

If worried about the package going missing, use a reputable courier; or send it poste-restante.

If you want to act as your g/f sponsor you will have to send the appropriate paperwork. No choice. You do not have to send originals, nor do copies need certifying (complete and utter tosh). Use courier service if you are paranoid about identity theft. Most Important thing is to ensure you get the correct address. Local main post office can help her ensure the correct anglicised address and may make note, they did for me years ago. Alternatively get her to send you her address in Thai which you can additionally stick on the package .

Thai postal service is very reliable. The reason a lot of stuff goes astray is because in apartment blocks all the mail is dumped in a central delivery point and it gets stolen.

Edited by ExpatArchie

From Step 4 - Prepare your documents

You must provide original documents with photocopy for each original document you are submitting. Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.

(My emphasis)

So, not complete and utter tosh!

I have known of applications being refused because only photocopies of documents such as bank statements were provided; the reason being that they could easily have been altered.

I don't know why TVE has had no issues with this, but personally I wouldn't risk it. Up to you.

If sending copies, self certification is fine; simply write on the copy "I, full name, certify that this is a true copy of.............. sign and date."