Need Certified Window Xp Home Cd

carnac

I would like to reinstall Windows XP Home on my Toshiba laptop as it has gotten very slow. I made a backup and took it a Toshiba dealer here at a computer center but none of the service people had a certified installation disk, only bootleg. By certified I mean during the installation the key and product codes are entered and the system is ligit and won't have any problems with MS. I bought the unit in the US. I don't want an XP version with a lot of Thai mixed in with English. Anyway in the US this would be a piece of cake but not having any luck here. I will contact Toshiba in BKK and see what they say.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Thanks.

My two Toshiba laptops came with the operating system and other software preinstalled, to include a reinstall DVD with all the original software/XP. Didn't your system come with such a DVD with installation/product codes? Even in the U.S. you would need your original installation/product disk and codes; otherwise, you pay for the software.

My two Toshiba laptops came with the operating system and other software preinstalled, to include a reinstall DVD with all the original software/XP. Didn't your system come with such a DVD with installation/product codes? Even in the U.S. you would need your original installation/product disk and codes; otherwise, you pay for the software.

Hi, I have the product codes on the laptop but do not have the installation disk. I've done this before in the US after virus attacks etc. You know the formatting of the disk, then the reinstall with the proper product codes etc.

I don't believe that you can pick and choose between the different types of XP that are available. If you do not have the original XP installation disc then you are out of luck. It seems to me that you're system may have had a pirated (not 'bootleged' is 1930's jargon for illicit drink) XP installation.

Given that Microsoft will end support for XP in the near future you should consider going for a Vista installation and then follow that with Windows 7. There is no substitute for original software and yes I am one of those types who only believe in using original software.

I would like to reinstall Windows XP Home on my Toshiba laptop as it has gotten very slow. I made a backup and took it a Toshiba dealer here at a computer center but none of the service people had a certified installation disk, only bootleg. By certified I mean during the installation the key and product codes are entered and the system is ligit and won't have any problems with MS. I bought the unit in the US. I don't want an XP version with a lot of Thai mixed in with English. Anyway in the US this would be a piece of cake but not having any luck here. I will contact Toshiba in BKK and see what they say.

Thanks.

These are your options:

1. Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the recovery partition - Hold down the 0 (zero) key while powering on the computer. If a recovery partition exists, the Toshiba Recovery Wizard should appear onscreen.

2. How to create a bootable Windows XP Setup CD on a pre-loaded Windows system

3. How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals

4. Google: en_windows_xp_home_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-92413

I don't believe that you can pick and choose between the different types of XP that are available. If you do not have the original XP installation disc then you are out of luck. It seems to me that you're system may have had a pirated (not 'bootleged' is 1930's jargon for illicit drink) XP installation.

A ship can be "pirated" . I'm very sure he doesn't have any problems with that. It is an older word that bootlegged...

Given that Microsoft will end support for XP in the near future you should consider going for a Vista installation and then follow that with Windows 7. There is no substitute for original software and yes I am one of those types who only believe in using original software.

He has a computer that he wants to reinstall because it is slow and he want it to be faster... to use any later, slower, versions of Windows is not a solution to that.... the question is if it is going to get fast enough with win-xp when the service packs and applications are installed. There are better free alternatives.

Martin

I would like to reinstall Windows XP Home on my Toshiba laptop as it has gotten very slow.

. . .

Thanks.

My suggestion is just to clean and tune up your current installation. The only time it's necessary to completely re-install XP is when a virus has completely eaten up your system files. Any other problem can be repaired; an old system can run like new. Me, I been running the same ol' XP for years and years, pushing it hard, but it's still as fast as it ever was.

IMO, those who go thru a periodic re-install ritual just don't know what they are doing.

So just google and fix it: speed up xp computer - ¤é¹ËÒ´éÇ Google

You might also add some RAM. "Slow" can be merely a matter of perception relative to other more recent computers w/ faster hardware.

I would like to reinstall Windows XP Home on my Toshiba laptop as it has gotten very slow.

. . .

Thanks.

My suggestion is just to clean and tune up your current installation. The only time it's necessary to completely re-install XP is when a virus has completely eaten up your system files. Any other problem can be repaired; an old system can run like new. Me, I been running the same ol' XP for years and years, pushing it hard, but it's still as fast as it ever was.

IMO, those who go thru a periodic re-install ritual just don't know what they are doing.

So just google and fix it: speed up xp computer - ¤é¹ËÒ´éÇ Google

You might also add some RAM. "Slow" can be merely a matter of perception relative to other more recent computers w/ faster hardware.

Of course your post is rather too general and and a bit self centered. Of course there are many who "don't know what they are doing". Nevertheless, there is more than one reason why a clean install is the best course of action.

Thanks.

Just in case you haven't noticed, it's in your PM inbox.

On checking, it's seems that you have already downloaded it....

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

There is nothing wrong with using a different disk to re-install your software if you own a legitimate licence for it. You pay for a licence, not the software disks.

You are correct. I should have used the term license instead of certified.

Just to add belatedly, neither of my laptops, bought new came with discs for their Windows. I think I'm supposed to create them and never got round to it with the one I'm having trouble with it's too late. I'll use the links provided by supernova earlier to sort it out on this one now.