Korat Immigration Visit

klikster

I just did my annual extension at Chok Chai. Everything was pleasant and smooth .. almost.

I had done my 90 day report in Khon Kaen, and was on the cusp of a move to Korat as my extension deadline loomed. The sticker was the length of time my funds had been in the bank .. the bank that provided the letter. Khon Kaen wouldn't allow the extension because the account needed to age 5 additional days, even though a bank book showed the transfer .. and the account would have been sufficiently aged by my anniversary date. The officer wouldn't even look at the book. Fair enough .. I suppose.

So, off to Korat, wondering if my "reporting there and renewing here" would be a problem. It wasn't, although KK had thrown me a curve at my 90-day report.

Chok Chai was crowded but well organized with an electronic queuing system. One young woman was pre-screening documentation and added a pair of documents I had not preciously seen. Basically, statements that I understood the immigration laws, why was I extending, and that I agreed to abide by immigration law.

The immigration officer who called me was pleasant, spoke good english and joked quite a bit .. then asked why my last report was more than 1 year ago. KK had folded and stapled the report in such a fashion that it could not be opened up without removing the staples. And someone had stamped it with the wrong year!

In addition, KK hadn't seen fit to include my name on that portion of the form. So that report could have belonged to anyone?

The officer at Chok Chai took about 1 minute to realize the situation, then had me complete and sign a current report form as he grumbled some about the KK office. I suppose there could have been a substantial fine?

Anyhow, all things considered, a very quick renewal. Kudos to the staff. They also asked that we pass the word about the move to Ban Don Kwian.

My visits to Korat immigration have always been quite OK. I've found the staff pleasant and helpful. But, re your last sentence, are they moving again? If so, when? And where is Ban Don Kwian in relationship to the present office location (next to Toyota). I need to extend my visa before 2 July.

My visits to Korat immigration have always been quite OK. I've found the staff pleasant and helpful. But, re your last sentence, are they moving again? If so, when? And where is Ban Don Kwian in relationship to the present office location (next to Toyota). I need to extend my visa before 2 July.

If you look down a bit below this thread you will see one that gives that info.

Its called Korat Immigration Moving again

Must agree with the first poster, I 've been to quite a few different Immigration Offices over the years in all wind directions of Thailand.

The Korat Immigration office is very pleasant indeed and they always do their best to complete the procedures as quickly as possible.

Last time I was there, two officers skipped half their lunch break to help out some young tourists with problems.

The officers went for lunch late, but came back at 1 pm sharp.

My wife explained some of the posters on the wall about the director of this office did some important things for immigration in general.

So maybe the influence of the director is important in the issue of having excellent and help full staff.