Phuket Fitness (With Air - Con)

silp1979

There's a place called SmartGym that I found on the web. I haven't been there yet but it's on Chao Fah Road East about 7KM from Chalong Circle towards Phuket Town.

Edited by MrE

There's a new, nice looking aircon gym on the soi that connects the back exit to Home Pro Village to the road to Kata (exit/entry point near Rung Napa supermarket). It's part of a new bungalow project called Chalong Villa Resort. Can't miss it if you take that road - large windows showing the gym equip inside. Sorry, don't know about rates, etc, but if you use the resort's pool the price is 100 baht drop-in.

Where is the best gym in Kata or Karon? The gym must have ac, a lot of barbells. Hardcore gym is preferred.

Kata Gym is on Kat Kwan Road opposite Sawadee Guesthouse.

The newly refurbished Chalong Gym looks nice. I switched from there to Nai Harn Gym a year or so ago and am very happy.

There's a new, nice looking aircon gym on the soi that connects the back exit to Home Pro Village to the road to Kata (exit/entry point near Rung Napa supermarket). It's part of a new bungalow project called Chalong Villa Resort. Can't miss it if you take that road - large windows showing the gym equip inside. Sorry, don't know about rates, etc, but if you use the resort's pool the price is 100 baht drop-in.

That is a really nice looking gym, but unfortunately they don't actually have aircon or even much ventilation(very stuffy in there). I was in there the other day to check it out and was dripping with sweat just from looking around and chatting to the girl who works there. place must be like an oven on hot days.

rates are 150 baht per day or 1500 baht per month.

also of note, they only have a smith-machine, no regular free weight barbell bench press(I found this strange).

• 2 months later...