Frozen Dinners At The Pun Pun

PhotoJohn

One of the things I've missed since living here for a few months, is having a freezer stocked with a variety of frozen TV dinners; Marie Calender's Beef Pot Pies and Turkey dinners and Roast Beef, and Jeno's frozen pizzas.

The frozen food I've found in the local supermarkets is pretty unappealing to me.

All I've had in my freezer here is a couple steaks, some ground beef and ice cubes. (Until Now)

The recent postings here about the Pun Pun and their meatloaf, which I love if it's made right, got me interested enough to walk up there and try them. I already had my mind made up on the meatloaf before I even sat down. I took some time to study the menu while waiting for my dinner, and was surprised at the large number of selections they had.

Anyway, the meal was fantastic, and I'm picky. While I was eating though, I'm still paging through the menu thinking I might take something home to eat tomorrow.

So Gonzo stops by the table to chat a bit and I ask him if he thought the beef stew would keep well enough to reheat the next day.

To my surprise, he tells me that it is already frozen in individual portions. The meatloaf is too. I'm guessing that this is how they're able to have such a large selection of items on their menu.

He said that no-one's ever asked to take out a frozen dish before.

So, as long as it is kept frozen, I don't have to worry about using it up before it spoils. I can have it in my freezer ready for whenever I want it, with just a few minutes to heat in the microwave.

From now on, I'll have a selection of my favorite dishes on hand, ready to microwave, thanks to the Pun Pun.

Way better than those frozen TV dinners that I was wishing for.

I probably should have clarified. I was confused too the first time I looked them up.

This is a guesthouse and restaurant.

They're one of the TV sponsors and have their link at the top of the page with a map included.

The address is: 321 Charoenrat Rd.

It's right along the river, on the east side, just south of the Rama IX Bridge.

You're sure to enjoy it.

I have never gone to Pun Pun because I thought it was a vegetarian restaurant.  So your saying that has changed or is there another Pun Pun restaurant I don't know about?  If so I would like to go so tell us where it is at.

Thanks,

BB

There is also a vegetarian restaurant with the same name, but they don't have baked beans and weanies.  :(

I have never gone to Pun Pun because I thought it was a vegetarian restaurant.  So your saying that has changed or is there another Pun Pun restaurant I don't know about?  If so I would like to go so tell us where it is at.

Thanks,

BB

There is also a vegetarian restaurant with the same name, but they don't have baked beans and weanies.  :(

I didn't think Pun Pun on the Ping had them either after you visit. :rolleyes:

They always have them when I go. It sounds more like Gonzo has banned Harry from eating beans after some bad experiences.  :whistling:

I am happy to say that The Pun Pun does have its share of guests who could pass for sumo wrestlers....... and the men are even bigger....

:whistling:

The size of people who fit our food...

Sausage KIng do a range of frozen meals for the stay at home dinner/supper. Curries,pies and many others that can be reheated in the microwave. I have tried them and are good and they deliver. Call Robert 085 7060105

There's also Mike's Meals on Wheels delivery service, so you don't need your freezer, just phone up and have your meal of choice from your restaurant of choice delivered to you!

MOW is an excellent service if you have a particular fancy for something. However, in general it is quicker and more convenient just to take one (e.g. Pun Pun's) out of the freezer - after all that's where they come from anyway.