Nasty Pair Arrested In Phuket For Robbery

webfact

Nasty pair arrested in Phuket for robbery

PHUKET: -- Tung Tong Police yesterday arrested two members of a gang allegedly responsible for a string of robberies in Patong and one brutal rape in Kathu.

Police presented 30-year-old Kathu resident Manat Prabpai at a press conference at Tung Tong Police Station along with Adisak ‘Oom’ Rakkhanam, who was arrested yesterday while trying to escape from police after allegedly committing several armed robberies in Patong.

Police said that at about 6pm on Wednesday, Mr Manat broke into a Kathu home where four young women were staying. Wearing a full-face motorbike helmet, he raped them two of them at knifepoint and threatened to kill the others if they tried to intervene.

The attack ended when the boyfriend of one of the girls returned home and Mr Adisek fled on a motorbike with his girlfriend Anongnart Teeppan, who was waiting for him outside while the rapes took place.

Ms Anongnart remains at-large.

Mr Adisak also confessed to stealing a laptop computer, mobile phone, watch and cash from a British national at 4:30am on June 9.

He said he and his girlfriend had conspired to rob foreign tourists ‘many times’.

Ms Anongnart would go back to the tourists’ hotel rooms for sex, then leave the door open so Mr Adisak could come in and steal their valuables.

Police recovered a wallet, gold jewelry and other valuables. They are now investigating to try and return the items to their rightful owners.

Mr Manat will soon be returning to a place he knows very well: prison.

He was recently released after serving a sentence for murder. That crime was also committed in Tung Tong Police District.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-06-26

Police said that at about 6pm on Wednesday, Mr Manat broke into a Kathu home where four young women were staying. Wearing a full-face motorbike helmet, he raped them two of them at knifepoint and threatened to kill the others if they tried to intervene.

The attack ended when the boyfriend of one of the girls returned home and Mr Adisek fled on a motorbike with his girlfriend Anongnart Teeppan, who was waiting for him outside while the rapes took place.

Now see guys, that's love: your woman not only allows you to rape other women, but even drives you to the house and waits outside until you finish.

I think these two deserve each other.

He was recently released after serving a sentence for murder.

ummm..........

30 years old & has just been released after doing time for murder. Based on his age it seems like he did not actually do too much time as one would expect for murder. I wonder if they have a parole board or who decides on when a prisoner is released early for "good behaviour".

30 years old & has just been released after doing time for murder. Based on his age it seems like he did not actually do too much time as one would expect for murder. I wonder if they have a parole board or who decides on when a prisoner is released early for "good behaviour".

agreed..he obviously did very little time in the monkeyhouse and also, the supposed aim of incarceration, that is ,to rehabilitate,constantly fails!

the system has failed the public in this case as is evident and has especially failed the original murder victim and his/her friends and loved ones

it would be like a kick in the guts to once again see this guys name in the media,doing more serious crime and would bring all the bad memories flooding back.

i believe in an eye for an eye..if you take someones life, then you pay in full with your life!

this also is a worldwide trend these days most western courts sentencing of serious offenders seems to place a very low value on the life of a victim and indeed give more consideration to the culprits

i believe that time to serve before eligibilty for parole and conditions if any for early release are dictated in the trial when sentencing is done.

this good behaviour lark is a joke esp for heinous crimes such as rape and murder

you get a life sentence,then you do a life sentence, ie ,stay and rot in jail until you die in jail ... just my opinion