Tabien Ban For Foreigners

I have heard that foreigners can get a tabien ban, which is yellow. How would I go about to obtain it?

I live in Bangkok on a non-imm B extension, do not have a PR. EU passport.

I own a condo (well, the bank owns it until I have paid off the mortgage), if that helps. I could use this as the address in the taabien ban, or the address where I actually live, which is the address in driving licence, work permit, etc.

TIA

Go to the Khet office responsible for your area and ask them. They will give you a list of requirements based on your situation.

opalhort

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. Will advise outcome.

There is no 1 reason to get your tambien ban,the so called yellow registration book .

I have one and I can tell you it is not worth the hassle to get one,it is useless,nobody want to look at it !!

Let us now for what you think you need it.

ip

There is no 1 reason to get your tambien ban,the so called yellow registration book .

I have one and I can tell you it is not worth the hassle to get one,it is useless,nobody want to look at it !!

ip

Quite true. I got mine last year and have never been asked for it.

Where it may help is when you apply for a Driver's License or register a vehicle and don't have a Workpermit (which is considered proof of residence).

Or if you open a bank account and don't have a WP, there it may come in handy.

opalhort

ip

Quite true. I got mine last year and have never been asked for it.

Where it may help is when you apply for a Driver's License or register a vehicle and don't have a Workpermit (which is considered proof of residence).

Or if you open a bank account and don't have a WP, there it may come in handy.

opalhort

I have a yellow house book, tambien. I agree with the above thanking and you may add that each Khet in Bangkok and Amphur elsewhere their requirements well and do very. There is not a national requirement on what documents are required. Also be advised just because you have this official book don't be surprised when an agency refuse to acknowledge it and requires you to produce a certificate of residence from either immigration or your embassy/consul. This does happen.

I find that a Thai drivers license is more useful than the tabien baan for most things, as it generally (but not 100%) accepted in the way an ID card is.

If you are on a non immigrant extension of stay you do. It has nothing to do with house registration - it is an immigration requirement.

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the

following : ((cut))

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is

an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

• 3 weeks later...