Skyp* For Travellers

lavezzi

hi,<div>with skyp* you can receive calls abroad saving lot of money.</div><div>the steps are:</div><div><br></div><div>1) buy a skyp* phone number (15euro 3 month)</div><div>2) Transfer the incoming sky calls  to your skyp* number  directly to your current  nation mobile number (u have to buy a local mobile sim).</div><div><br></div><div>3)If you dont want to give to all ur friends this new number, before leaving you home country activate your mobile incoming calls transfer to the sky number. (the transfer debends by your operator. It may happend that you cannot cancel the call trasfer if being abroad).</div><div>Then do the step 2 and you are finished.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>this way, if u intend keep in touch with ur parents of ur friends you will save lot of money.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Intention: A+

Presentation: F

Execution: F

Overall score: D-

In short, I think the OP wanted to inform us that, when traveling, forwarding all your incoming mobile calls to your skype account which then forwards your call to your local SIM card saves you a bundle of cash.

(Alternatively you can forward all calls to skype and use the skype mobile client on your phone).

Edit: clarification.

Edited by filingaccount

• 4 months later...

I tried the same thing the OP suggested, but the quality is miserable and many calls don't even get through (mobile to mobile)

home mobile # --> home voip provider public network # --> thai mobile

strange enough, call quality when using my computer is OK.

I tried the same thing the OP suggested, but the quality is miserable and many calls don't even get through (mobile to mobile)

Depending on traffic - bandwidth - same, same - sometimes even webcam conference calls are awsome, sometimes awful - that's life!

However my opinion is "skype roxz"!

Depending on traffic - bandwidth - same, same - sometimes even webcam conference calls are awsome, sometimes awful - that's life!

However my opinion is "skype roxz"!

The bad quality mobile to mobile is probably due to my VoIP provider using a leased bandwidth with too high compression and too many hubs on the way to Thailand.