Visiting Hua Hin Very Soon

kunash

hi

just a couple of questions really;

i know there are some lovely places to eat in hua hin, but does the hilton hotel offer very good food? ( not worried about price ) ( i am staying here )

I heard there is a sea food restaurant on a pier just north of the hilton, which is suppose to be good? is there such a place

are there good gold shops in hua hin?

are there any estate agent type shops in hua hin?

thanks

Edited by kunash
  • Like 1

Hi

I am not so impressed from the Hilton Hotel Restaurant.

But there a lot of good restaurants around, Thai and Farang food and at all prize levels. The Pier restaurants offers really good (sea) food for reasonable prizes. The best one is that with the highest pier - and which is always full of customers (Farang and Thai).

There are some (many?) gold shops in Hua Hin. But I cannot help you because I am not interested in such things.

Real estate agents are a real "pest" here. It seems that every 3rd shop is a real estate agent and the streets are full of bilboards for houses and condos.

Have a nice stay in Hua Hin!

Hilton food is terrible, the seafood places u mentioned are just a short walk away. They are Thai, beautiful at night, right on the sea, just leave the Hilton and turn right.

See Juehoe for ythe other answers, he has it spot on.

I went to Hua Hin last year and stayed at the Hilton as they had an offer on, not the greatest of hotels but in the best location if you want to be in he middle of town and by the beach. I found some of the fish restaurants on the beach to be very poor and expensive. You can get good seafood for half the price in the night marker. Check out these restaurants:

La Grappa

A contemporary Italian restaurant that features fine dining, Mediterranean style. All food is prepared by the accomplished Italian chef, Andreas Bonifacio who will happily tailor dishes to suit the requirements of his customers. As well as authentically prepared oven-baked pizzas you can choose from an array of pasta and meat and fish-based dishes. Dishes are well teamed with a vast wine selection from which choices can be recommended by the chef and wait staff.

Opening Hours: 10:00 – 24:00

Address: 20/5 Poolsuk Road

Tel: +66 (0) 32-516 510

Cuisine: Italian

This, like the Beach Road and for the most part all of the area, is where you come to eat seafood in a vibrant atmosphere, pre- or post-shopping. Check out some of the best that we have personally sampled.

250-night.jpg

Petchkasem Road – Night Bazaar

This road has numerous indoor and alfresco seafood joints that have a huge selection of seafood and steaks at reasonable prices. The restaurants listed below come highly recommended for both their extensive menus and vibrant atmosphere. Among these, we recommend that you venture out to Bird Chilli, Hua Hin Seafood, Road Fai and Khaimuk, all of which are situated in very close proximity to each other.

This is a great by the beach restaurant....

Coco 51 restaurant Hua Hin

Soi 51, Hua Hin, Prachuabkirikhan, 77110.

Tel: 032-515597

Email: (email address removed by mod per forum rules)

www.coco51.com

The restaurant in front of the hilton made out of wood serves really good food. There is also an Italin restaurant across the street from the hilton (north of Bintabaht street) that is good.

Good luck with the real estate agencies....be careful.

Edited by Rooo
Off topic link removed. Rooo.

Food does not match the pretty price or service (but it does have a nice view).

Took my girlfriend there for her birthday; she picked the restaurant.

We ate half our food (she didn’t get what she ordered, but after waiting so long took what they gave her) and then asked the waiter (in Thai) to put the rest for take away.

I left the table, went inside and asked what looked like to be the man in charge if they had a small piece of cake.

He said yes.

So, I gave him a ring and asked if in 10 minutes if he could put this on top of the (small) piece of cake and bring it out to the gf.

He smiled and said yes, no problem.

I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and went back to the table where my girlfriend was looking at a ring on a coffee cup saucer.

Ok, screwed that up.

Asked waiter where the cake was..."coming sir”.

30 minutes later out come a big f_cking cake! (screwed that up)

We shared it with the family sitting next to us.

So, about another 30 minutes to finish that….asked if they could bring my take away food.

Waiter looked confused and started speaking with the rest of the staff, then comes back with “Oh sorry sir, food finish”. (screwed that up).

Then I got the bill…..fok me!

I have eaten at the Hilton several times over the past few weeks and have come to LOVE their Wed/Fri nights Pizza/Pasta Buffets! ( All you can eat, pizza and pasta made to order . .salad bar . .ice cream . ..all for 450 baht.

Ate there just last night and had a wonderful meal. Excellent service.

I also think the Hilton is really a beautiful hotel . .elegant and well designed. I know it is often put down for being a "city" hotel, but the small gardens are lovely, it DOES have a beach and the pool is all you could ask for in a resort. Staff is very friendly and competent too.

The food at the Hilton is really excellent, but of course, you can eat more cheaply in many other places around there. Depends on what you want really. All of the the big hotels here have European exec chefs and I have never had a bad meal . .and I have eaten at most of them over the years, some I know quite well . . .and I know several chefs.

But I also avoid the White Lotus/ dim sum restaurant at the top of the Hilton for two good reasons: it is overpriced and I just dont like dim sum . .but the view is fantastic.