Major Roy Hudson

anonymouse

I noticed that TV member pun pun mentioned the great article on the ninety year old Major Roy Hudson in the latest issue of City Life in the CM news section. He is the uber expat of Chiang Mai, visitng Thailand for the first time in 1945 and coming to live in Chiang Mai in the the sixties. It's a great article, guidlines magazine did a similiar piece on him a couple of years back and he has lived a fascinating life. recommended reading and lets hope for a meatier biography at some point :D

Edited by anonymouse

It's Major Roy Hudson.

Thanks Blinky, just had a few G&t's and started on the wine, what about your autobiography :D

Good to see you're mixing the grain and the grape, anonymouse.

My autobiography? What an interesting thought. It could be one of the shortest tales of success and the longest of failures.

It's Major Roy Hudson.

Thanks Blinky, just had a few G&t's and started on the wine, what about your autobiography :D

Good to see you're mixing the grain and the grape, anonymouse.

My autobiography? What an interesting thought. It could be one of the shortest tales of success and the longest of failures.

Well as they say to fail is to be human and yes after 44 years on this planet I'm still mixing my drinks, I'll never learn ;)

Blinky Bill's autobiography would outsell Private Dancer and it would probably be even more erotic

I'm sure that a few husbands and boy friends would be asking their other opposite number a few questions after reading BB's autobiography :lol:

ps how do you edit the topic title?

Corrected now.

Well, now that that's done it makes my 1st post on this thread rather redundant. Yet another failure in the "Life of Blinky Bill".

UG and Thaihog, thanks for suggesting I've been up to no good in my younger daze. If the book ever comes to fruition all names and places will be changed, any similarity to actual persons, places or events will be purely coincidental. :whistling:

Well, now that that's done it makes my 1st post on this thread rather redundant. Yet another failure in the "Life of Blinky Bill".

UG and Thaihog, thanks for suggesting I've been up to no good in my younger daze. If the book ever comes to fruition all names and places will be changed, any similarity to actual persons, places or events will be purely coincidental. :whistling:

Yah mean like all other good books. :whistling:

Major Roy Hudson is indeed probably the senior member of the British expat comunity of Chiang Mai having served in the Burma campaign during WW2 under Gen. Slim We are priveleged that he joins us for lunch at The Olde Bell once in a while and regales us with stories of a rich and interesting life. We've tried to persuade him to join the Royal British Legion, but unfortunately he can't walk up the stairs to the RBL room here at The Bell. In every other respect though Maj Roy is very hale and hearty and a huge influence on the British community here.

I met him a few times at British Council garden parties a few years ago, and he was always affable and self effacing. I believe he used to play a large part in the management of the farang cemetery and thanks mainly to him there's an excellent record of the farang community who never left Thailand after their deaths.

Blinky Bill's autobiography would outsell Private Dancer and it would probably be even more erotic

The vision just popped into my head of Blinky as Private Dancer, doing a pole dance in a thong...

good thing no breakfast yet....

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Gonzo, how about the vision of Ulysses G and myself in thongs gyrating on adjacent poles? :sick:

The vision just popped into my head of Blinky as Private Dancer, doing a pole dance in a thong...

The thought of it .....enough to put me off food for at least a week. The pancakes will have to wait.

Gonzo, how about the vision of Ulysses G and myself in thongs gyrating on adjacent poles? :sick:

May he who watches out over us, shelter us from such a sight.....

If that other guy's wife turned to a block of salt for just a little peep, what would happen to us should we ever be exposed to such a sight.

Stainless steel poles, of proper pharoh or phallrohic shape...

Stage made from the hulll of a decomissioned Russian submarine.... titanium of course for strength

Music so loud the it forces ones eyes closed.

Insurance poicy included to cover injury to those trying to get farther away from the stage...

and the venue.... only possible at a funeral home...

:D

Blinky,,,,,, what in heavens name were you drinking last night to have such a thought.????

... snip ... and thanks mainly to him there's an excellent record of the farang community who never left Thailand after their deaths.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Loaded,

We are sure we'd enjoy meeting Major Roy !

So many expats have a much better record after they die here, compared to their behavior while alive, and if Major Roy's powers help enable that, we salute him !

best, ~o:37;

We are sure we'd enjoy meeting Major Roy !

So many expats have a much better record after they die here, compared to their behavior while alive, and if Major Roy's powers help enable that, we salute him !

best, ~o:37;

You two are talking out of the wrong orify, again.

(Assuming there's just two of you, some schizo's clock up quite a few when they're off the drugs.)

I met him a few times at British Council garden parties a few years ago, and he was always affable and self effacing. I believe he used to play a large part in the management of the farang cemetery and thanks mainly to him there's an excellent record of the farang community who never left Thailand after their deaths.

Hi loaded he did indeed do a lot of good works for the Foreign Cemetery but you are mixing him up with Major Dick Wood MC who wrote the cemetery book De Mortuis.The current committee has just published the 6th Edition with a further 60 entries.Youn can get a copy from the caretaker 200 baht which goes to the upkeep of the cemetery.Dick Wood is buried in the cemetery in plot A11A.He died on 2nd Dec 2002 and has a big obituary in his book,All the best Majorus