Hot Springs

TigerWan

Is there just the one hot springs as featured in all searches ( looks crowded) or are are such pools located throughout the area?

Is it possible to purchase land with a hot spring?

Anyone have any opinions on best areas to live in, I seek quiet farm type land not too far from a swimming beach?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thanks GOM Yes sleepy forum.. Do you live in the area?

Can't help you with the hot springs question, but as far as land, take the road from Hat Napparat to Khlong Muang and there seems to be a ton of land around there.

Not far from both those places and you can swim at either.

There's quite a few hot spring areas around Krabi....

dunno about buying land with hot springs....will probably be pricey.

As for the farm type land...how many rai do you want, if its close to a beach , it's gonna be pricey too.

I know of land plots close to beaches at very good prices ....less than 3M per rai, but still a good 5 mins plus to the beach.

Thanks GOM Yes sleepy forum.. Do you live in the area?

Can't help you with the hot springs question, but as far as land, take the road from Hat Napparat to Khlong Muang and there seems to be a ton of land around there.

Not far from both those places and you can swim at either.

Do not, but come down about once a month

In Ao Luk there is a geothermally-heated beach at low tide, which is even more amazing. It's mentioned in this article about the area - which might be a nice location for you. Not touristy at all, but with plenty of attractions.

Link To BKK post removed.

Here's another in Phang Nga which is probably around an hour's drive from Krabi:

http://www.hotsia.co...20springs.shtml

Just outside the Krabi border, in the Si Kao region of Trang there is another hot springs. Approx one hour's drive from Krabi Airport.http://www.rocknrowt...tions_trang.htm

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Rooo
Link to Bangkok Post removed. Against Forum rules. Rooo.

• 2 weeks later...

I know of land plots close to beaches at very good prices ....less than 3M per rai,

Price of land seems to be based on who you know. Wife and I have been looking at 1-rai land plots in the range 0.8 - 1.5m per rai, just a few minutes to the beaches, chanote title, private sale of course.

How do you find these plots? Easy. Go into the local villages, speak to the locals, explain your price range and then wait a little time, someone will always have land that they want to sell and not everyone is greedy.

Simon

That's also an easy way to get ripped off with land that is not titled correctly.

Every Thai person can "help you" or has a friend that can sort it for you " no problem", "don't worry"

Be very careful dealing with local people, if it sounds cheap, ask yourself why!!!

That's also an easy way to get ripped off with land that is not titled correctly.

Every Thai person can "help you" or has a friend that can sort it for you " no problem", "don't worry"

Be very careful dealing with local people, if it sounds cheap, ask yourself why!!!

most of the land along the road where unseen thailand is has no chanote/title i have only seen a couple of decent plots that are properly marked out and have water and electric there priceds 1.2 million bit far from road for me though have seen cheaper closer to road,but land not as nice.

there is a thai along that road trying to sell tor bor 5 land 1 rai 3 million we told her our budget was 1 mill she then offered it to us for 2 mill no thanks......

• 5 months later...

I can't buy the land , just a 30 year year lease so the top 3 titles are sufficient but I am wary of rip offs, One of my first Thai lessons was being evicted from a house when the real owner came back into town.

Simon, are you remarried, already?