Dr Pepper

For those who asked before about Dr.Pepper, the main Villa Market on Sukumvet has Dr Pepper in stock again so get fast!! I am trying to get them to order Mt Dew also, and hoping to spend my salery on drinks again!!! Still 48 baht a can for those who are true fans!!!

Helpful post for those who live in Bangkok, thanks OP. And for those of us who may find ourselves there shortly.

Snarky comments really are so unnecessary when someone is trying to be helpful.

That's pricey for Dr. Pepper. I'm not a big enough fan to lay out US$1.50 per can. I might lay that out for some Squirt or other grapefruit soda, however. I would also pay some good money for the better flavors of Gatorade, but I've only seen a few flavors sold here.

I don't much care for the A&W sold in stores in Thailand, although the soda is good when bought at their restaurants here.

The soda market in Thailand is abysmal. So little choice.

That is pricey, but Dr. Pepper is one of my favorites so I sprung for four cans. I agree that the variety of pop sold here is abysmal. I do miss all the variety available in the states. But I imagine there is just not a large enough market here.

I bring back 48 cans of Diet Dr. Pepper with me on each trip from the US.  The problem is that diet drinks made with aspartame have a shelf life of about 90 days.  So if I am not going to be in the US for awhile, I have to make do with Pepsi Max.

As far as the price, people who wouldn't hesitate to plop down 100 baht for a beer seem to hesitate to pay 50 for a Dr. Pepper.  No problem with that, but I, for one, would take the DP every time.

As far as the price, people who wouldn't hesitate to plop down 100 baht for a beer seem to hesitate to pay 50 for a Dr. Pepper.  No problem with that, but I, for one, would take the DP every time.

I'd gladly pay 50 baht for a Dr Pepper in a restaurant. Nearly 10 bucks for a six pack in a grocery store though is a bit absurd.

You bring cans back? They don't explode in the plane? (hope that isn't a stupid question but it just seems the unpressurized hold would be problematic)

the hold is pressurized same as plane, at least my dogs seemed to think solaugh.gif

OK, cheers Billr, it was a dumb question then. :D

Good, I will be bringing dr pepper back!

And a suggestion for alwaysright, might be a good idea to cease the trolling in various forums.

OK, cheers Billr, it was a dumb question then. :D

Good, I will be bringing dr pepper back!

And a suggestion for alwaysright, might be a good idea to cease the trolling in various forums.

Giving ones opinion is trolling?So throw me out,I don't need petty comments,if you aren't happy change.

You bring cans back? They don't explode in the plane? (hope that isn't a stupid question but it just seems the unpressurized hold would be problematic)

I've literally brought back hundreds of cans, and I have had two open on the trip.  But from the looks of them, I think they got smashed by the luggage handlers.  One was flattened, and one had a puncture, I think.

• 5 months later...

The cooler at JUSMAG was stocked a year ago with Dr. Peppter and Corona (Last time I was there). American prices, I think the 15 baht for the Pepper and 40 for the beer, but I might be mistaken......

Just google JUSMAG Bangkok

Now, as to the JUSMAG Canteen - everyone is welcome to come over and

visit the compound if you are in Bangkok - no secrets here. Plenty of

US English spoken here. All you need to do is swap your US passport or

military ID Card at the gate for a badge and in you come. The canteen

boasts a fair menu and serves grub from 0600 - 1500 Mon - Fri. There

is also a small after hours club adjacent to the canteen called the

Teak Room which has soda, beer and chips for sale with pool tables,

TV, a library and small bar with limited selections beyond beer. Not

sure of the hours but it's not too late and is generally open around

1700 when I leave the compound. OH! Yes, the canteen does SOS and

it's a pretty fair breakfast for sure. Very popular with our visitors

and members of the retired community who come in for breakfast quite

often.

Also, in the JUSMAG compound is a small dental clinic for active duty,

post office, barber shop and a tailor shop. Pretty much self

contained compound.

Regards,

Jim

James L. Traywick, CIV, Contr

Consultant Defense Team

HQ PACAF/13AF Exercise Support

JUSMAGTHAI, Joint Operations Branc

Rick, I gather what you're saying is the canteen is open to non-military U.S. citizens living here, provided they show/produce their U.S. passport...

Do you know... how does that go for those of us who are couples with Thai wives and/or GF who don't have U.S. passports??

The new V8 Diner near Sunrise Tacos and near the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 12 sells Dr Pepper by the case. Not sure of prices though.

Yep on their menu, and seen them at Villa Market buying them!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dr. Pepper at Villa Pattaya, and they also have cherry coca-cola. I'm not willing to pay 50 baht a can for these sodas, but if they got Squirt or Jones Soda . . .

I know that I am bumping an old thread again ... but it is relevant. :) The previous "find" was in January.

Villa Market in Pattaya 2nd road is stocked with Dr Pepper, and Cherry Coke and such. They have not had stock for quite some time.

The price however, is 48b PER can (330ml). They had at least 5-6 cases in stock.

• 2 weeks later...