Prince William To Play Polo

custard

a9ty.jpg

Prince Charles' eldest son Prince William has agreed to play in a charity polo match in Thailand in December to mark the anniversary of the devastating tsunami in the south of the country.

Prince William helped a Thai team defeat Dubai in the Chakravarty King Power Cup at the Ham Polo Club in London on Saturday.

Vichai Raksriaksorn, president of the Thailand Polo Association (TPA), teamed up with Princes Charles and William and world No 1 Adolfo Cambiaso of Argentina in the Thai team which played Dubai.

"Both of them [the Princes] played well for the Thai team, especially Prince William, who tried his best to attack the stronger Dubai," said Vichai. "Prince William received my invitation to play in a charity match in Thailand.

"The match is likely to take place on December 26 to mark the anniversary of the tsunami in the south. A new ground in Lat Krabang has already been prepared for the match Prince William will play in," he added.

The Thai team narrowly defeated the Dubai team of Tariq Albwardy, Ali Albwardy, Eduardo Heguy and Vichai's son Aiyawat 7-6.5 in the four-chukka contest in front of a large crowd of Thai fans including Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Thepsutin.

Vichai scored the first goal for the Thai side before Dubai bounced back.

Before the end of the first chukka, Prince William showed his skills by adding the second goal for Thailand. Cambiaso and Prince William then combined and put more pressure on Dubai.

In the third chukka, Cambiaso and Vichai combined to score two goals and put Thailand ahead. But Dubai's confidence, however, went sky-high after Aiyawat added one more goal in the fourth and final chukka to help his team lead 6.5-6.

Cambiaso saved the day for the Thai side, scoring the last goal to end Dubai's challenge in the one-day charity event.

Source

Prince William looks set to become a fine King in the future, he has so far kept his nose clean unlike brother Harry, and could be perfect for modernising the British Monarchy and gaining back it's respect amongst the British people which has dwindled in the past 15 years.

Although second in line, in ten years or so he could be a far better option than Charles, should Charles wish to hand the posotion down to his Son.

I now I am in the minority here but I think Charles will make a great King. He is outspoken, he is an environmentalist and even stuffed in his cotton wool lined palace he is very, very aware of what is going on in the world.

Ok his taste in women sucks..............on both counts ! !

I now I am in the minority here but I think Charles will make a great King. He is outspoken, he is an environmentalist and even stuffed in his cotton wool lined palace he is very, very aware of what is going on in the world.

Ok his taste in women sucks..............on both counts ! !

I totally agree. Not likely to be a popular view as you mention, but I too think that he will be a good King. Even more shockingly, I will be happier to see Camilla standing next to him when he is King, rather than the manipulative little madam he was with before....... :D

Back on topic - Unfortunately what better location could there be for the British tabloids to invent some dirty story about Wills, than his trip to Bangkok (which will obviously be dubbed the international sleaze capital of the world)....you can already see the Sun's headlines :o

If you had the opportunity of a free ..sort of.... and democratic ... :D:D election to keep the motley crew or kick them out .....how would you vote? :o .............tut tut.....

If you had the opportunity of a free ..sort of.... and democratic ... :D  :D election to keep the motley crew or kick them out .....how would you vote? :D .............tut tut.....

They would be feeling my size 13 rigger boots i am afarid :o

For someone who is so aware, why is it he tried to lobby a republican inclined Australian government to make him the Australian Governor General?

It would have avoided giving Bob Hawke the pleasure of laughing the British High Commissioner out of his office.

Edited by samran

If you had the opportunity of a free ..sort of.... and democratic ... :D  :D election to keep the motley crew or kick them out .....how would you vote? :D .............tut tut.....

They would be feeling my size 13 rigger boots i am afarid :o

......leaving Tony Blair as the only figurehead representing Great Britain to the rest of the world......:D:D

I know it is what he has been after all along....King Tony / El Presidente.....but really......No Thanks!

Am I alone in seeing a resemblence to a Mr. James Hewitt an ex cavalry officer and a "friend" of Prince William's mother the late, great peoples princess and  prince Harry himself?

No you are not alone...spitting image. Must be a tad disturbing for the avid monarchist.