B5 Fuel Compatible With Standard Diesel Engines

I have a diesel Toyota Sportrider (circa 2002) and pulled into a gas-station last night very low on fuel. I asked for diesel but they said they only had B5 (I'm taking that to be bio-diesel 5% mixed with 95% diesel fuel). Not knowing if it was compatible with an older engine, I passed and went to another station.

Can anyone tell me if this B5 fuel is compatible with any diesel engine or only newer engines that have been certified as flex-fuel compatible.

Thx.

I have a diesel Toyota Sportrider (circa 2002) and pulled into a gas-station last night very low on fuel. I asked for diesel but they said they only had B5 (I'm taking that to be bio-diesel 5% mixed with 95% diesel fuel). Not knowing if it was compatible with an older engine, I passed and went to another station.

Can anyone tell me if this B5 fuel is compatible with any diesel engine or only newer engines that have been certified as flex-fuel compatible.

Thx.

2002 d4d or old fashioned diesel?

Seems like most commonrail (d4d) have had problems after 80-100k km until 2007

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd., Customer Call Center would like to express our cordially sincere thanks for your constant trust and interested in our product.

According to your e-mail, Customer Call Center would like to inform you that your car could use bio-diesel (B2, B5) and Toyota car which could use bio-diesel (B5) are

1. Hilux Vigo (produced ; August 2004 – Present)

2. Fortuner (produced ; February 2005 – Present)

Anyway, if you have any inquiries or suggestion for further improvement of our service, would you please to do not hesitate to let us know at [email protected]or 0-2386-2000. Any comments are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Customer Call Center

CS Promotion Office

Toyota Motor Thailand Co., Ltd.

Email i got from Toyota when asking about my 3.0 D4D 2007 vigo