Mtt Travel Did An Outstanding Job

sbk

I would just like to say a huge Thanks to forum sponsor MTT travel and Guy for an outstanding job. A dear friend of mine needed to get home quickly and needed help doing so, and Guy not only got him a complicated ticket at the last minute over a holiday weekend but got a pretty decent price for it too. The airline took great care of my friend as both Guy and I called to make sure that there would be wheelchair assistance.

So, cheers Guy. You did a fantastic job and your help and understanding and speed are greatly appreciated by me, my friend and his family.

They are based in Pattaya, but obviously with everything e-ticketed these days, all our transactions took place via email. Click on the banner for this forum if you want to get in touch with them. They are prompt and very helpful

• 4 weeks later...

Glad it worked out for you sbk.

Unfortunately my experience was the exact opposite.

Based on seeing your post I approached them today.

First of all, nobody answered their landline phone!!! Very strange for a company on a working day.

I am flying Friday, so I needed a prompt response, so I left them a message via their web page. As of 615 pm, they did not even respond to me!!!

Unfortunately, this is kind of typical of a lot of companies here in Thailand..... doesnt surprise me

Posted Today, 18:12

"Based on seeing your post I approached them today." "... I left them a message via their web page".

What time was that? I've noticed that contacting businesses via a web page often takes longer than through a normal e-mail address. It doesn't really make any sense to me, but that's been my experience.

"As of 615 pm, they did not even respond to me!!!"

I don't doubt that they haven't responded, but if it were me, I'd have waited until at least 6:15 before saying they hadn't responded by 6:15.

Can I ask why you waited so long to make reservations?

If it's because of an emergency, I hope it works out for you.

I've used mtt many times and Guy has always provided an efficient service. My return flight from the UK on EVA was cancelled due to the volcano in April and I couldn't get in touch with EVA to re-book so went back on Singapore Airways. Guy is currently trying to get the return leg refunded by EVA... He reckons it will take a long time but seems confident he will succeed...