Land Terrorists

:angry: In a blatant example of public land grab, witness what's been done the West end of Fishermans Village. The vandals have built directly on the public beach road so they now enjoy beachfront land and diverted an established road to what is now the rear of the resort What persuasion was used here I wonder, but as usual all quiet from the Greenies !
  • Like 1

Yes, it is totally wrong. The Mayors office was aware of this development but nothing was done. It is yet another eyesore and in order to make sure that all the hotel rooms have a view they chopped down all the beautiful 100 year old Casuarina trees along the beach and replaced them with a few spindly Palms.

It would appear that nothing but nothing is allowed to interfere with big business in Thailand.

• Like 1

Yes, it is totally wrong. The Mayors office was aware of this development but nothing was done. It is yet another eyesore and in order to make sure that all the hotel rooms have a view they chopped down all the beautiful 100 year old Casuarina trees along the beach and replaced them with a few spindly Palms.

It would appear that nothing but nothing is allowed to interfere with big business in Thailand.

Yes the biggest iaaue here is the chopping down of those trees which were beautiful but then again it will only take another 100 years to grow some more somewhere else....disgusting.

I also miss the peace and quiet of the beach there.....just a year or three ago it was an oasis of calm.....

Yes the biggest iaaue here is the chopping down of those trees which were beautiful but then again it will only take another 100 years to grow some more somewhere else....disgusting.

I also miss the peace and quiet of the beach there.....just a year or three ago it was an oasis of calm.....

Two three years ago the beach was nicer but the empty lot was an eye-sore with an unfinished construction project sitting there. Just a year ago it was a construction site. This photo is from May 25, 2009...

P5251782.jpg

I lived about an 8 minute walk from this hotel (Dec '08 - Feb '10) and passed it often on my way to FV. I thought it was a real shame that they cut down all those great shade trees. What is there now is an improvement over what has been there last year only because they destroyed the old beach.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1

The land this has been built on is being leased from the government it is not private land,

:annoyed: So they were permitted to cut down government trees then ? Methinks it is hightime for the Heads in BKK to come down for an inspection tour and read the riot act, otherwise things are going to get a lot worse !

Two three years ago the beach was nicer but the empty lot was an eye-sore with an unfinished construction project sitting there. Just a year ago it was a construction site. This photo is from May 25, 2009...

P5251782.jpg

I lived about an 8 minute walk from this hotel (Dec '08 - Feb '10) and passed it often on my way to FV. I thought it was a real shame that they cut down all those great shade trees. What is there now is an improvement over what has been there last year only because they destroyed the old beach.

i think that that us still a govement road but the hotel try to trick u and divert you round. i think that u can drive straight onto that bit legally with no problem. be good for parking if none else is doing it.

if this is true let me know so i can let everyone else know