Goats Seen As Answer To South’s Revenue Problems

simcity

Goat milk have hit the South for quite some time, it not something new. But never known any goat cheese in the market. When I was in the Chiangmai, the locals there were asking where to get goat meat, always refer them to travel south to get them. Lamb cheese is a wellcome, luv it.

goat cheese is expensive no matter how u look at it

i suspect for the south its goat meat

arab muslim dont tend to eat cheese except for the labne style stuff from my personal experience with goats and israeli arabs

we've discussed goats in issaan threads

milk goats and meat goats are different ; the usual dual purpose goat doesnt give a lot of milk, especially if they are grazing on scrub and not on good pastureland or given good food additions...dont see too many thai people running to eat any kind of cheese let alone any kind of fermented, cultured or fresh goat cheeses with distinctive goat taste...

u need lots of milk for small amount of cheese; even in israel goat cheese is super pricey and the 'fresh' cheeses arent made or sold since they have very little shelf life w/ or w/o refrigeration... i make the paneer style cheese: 2 liters of milk makes about one tea saucer sized round ...

a 7 month old weanling, on the other hand.....

what a good idea ! bring from oversea ( with no tax ) some goat cheese to see the public interest if sell at resonable price .

i am not sure for the meat ! export perhaps

If it work, the south new venture : goat milk and cheese product will be welcome .

http://etna.mcot.net/query.php?nid=39785

We keep goats:

post-1263-1120206903_thumb.jpg

post-1263-1120206950_thumb.jpg

We sell only to other breeders or for slaughter.

There is no market for goat's milk in Thailand and, as Bina notes, cheese production from goat's milk is hard work.

here is my breakfast gone ! grill toast spread with goat cheese !

well will try a goat meat casserole instead, did try that once in Portugal ..

:D

a 7 month old weanling, on the other hand.....

Isn't that what the Italians refer to as Capretto?

Had young goat meat, (Capretto, I was told), in an Italian-owned/operated restaurant in Asmara, Ethiopia once.

As good as any veal that might have been served in any five-star restaurant in Europe.

:o

maybe a good idea but in my experience cheese is a flavour most Thai people seem to not like very much. It is an aquired taste it seems. Smelly fish for breakfast yes but cheese? Having said that i know several Thais who have learned to enjoy cheese, normally in the form of a pizza mind. I think you would have to market it well to get a good client base to be honest. bUt yes a good idea hope it works for you. Anyone else know many Thais who like cheese?

oops sorry Bina you seem to have already covered it, read first post last derrr :o

Edited by Boatabike