Retirement Visa No Financial Requirement

I saw this the other day, I replied to the link. I got no answer from Thiavisa??? I think maybe a windup, says if you don’t qualify for 800k method or 65k method, then this is the way to go. Anyone know about this?? It looks official from Thiavisa.com

I've not seen the advert but I know that at the Chonburi Immigration office (Pattaya / Jompthien) it's not unknown for them to overlook the financial requirement for a small consideration. Used to be 20kBaht.

I suspect that the advert that you saw was from an agent, offering to arrange things.

DM

I've not seen the advert but I know that at the Chonburi Immigration office (Pattaya / Jompthien) it's not unknown for them to overlook the financial requirement for a small consideration. Used to be 20kBaht.

I suspect that the advert that you saw was from an agent, offering to arrange things.

DM

I've seen the AD on Facebook but not looked into it as already been said the financial requirements are set in stone.

Yes when I looked there were 5 different adverts, some were agents some were private..

Looking into a bit more, 1 guy was [he said] a Immigration Officer that did this as a sideline to help out non Thais, another was from Bangkok Bank [she said] and could for a fee get you a Bank Statement and Letter showing you did have the funds, then the Agents that said they could with no problem get the Retirement Extension..

At the end of the day a flight to Perth + same day Visa Service at the Thai Consulate for a [good for near 15 months] 100% legal Visa seamed to be a better option and peace of mind, + price difference if you were on a tight budget would be near the same.

Myself went Thai Air 20,300 baht with all tax, 6hr 36 mins direct + stayed for 5 days... You can get flights non direct for under 15,000 baht with all tax that arrive around 6 am and then return flight at 9:45 pm same day, so not needing a Hotel at all, email Thai Consulate for same day collection.... If you did this Flight + Visa + 4x boarder runs = same price as some of these people are asking + you are good for an extra 3 months.[total 15 months].

i have through the grapevine that you can get a retirement visa here in Chiang Mai for a fee of 21000baht although Immigration are likely to deny this. I know somebody who has done it this way

can be arranged,proplem is provider,has you by the short and curlies,and keeps asking favours(money)of you,so ive been led to belive.

This topic came up a couple weeks ago on the forum. If it’s the same ad, it seems the people who have that website past the link on anyone’s facebook page with a thailand origin.

I talked to some goofball who answered the phone, and after the conversation think it’s totally sketchy as well as against the immigrations laws :angry: . They don’t even do business in Bangkok, but in another province at another immigrations office where he said ‘he had a connection’ :blink: . In fact he said he can't do it at Changwattana. That in and of itself set off warning bells.

It’s certainly NOT something I’d risk just to live here :o . ..

In all reality; if you don’t have 800K (25K US) in the bank for 3 months out of the year to secure a retirement extension, <deleted> are you doing living here in thailand :whistling: ?

This topic came up a couple weeks ago on the forum. If it’s the same ad, it seems the people who have that website past the link on anyone’s facebook page with a thailand origin.

I talked to some goofball who answered the phone, and after the conversation think it’s totally sketchy as well as against the immigrations laws :angry: . They don’t even do business in Bangkok, but in another province at another immigrations office where he said ‘he had a connection’ :blink: . In fact he said he can't do it at Changwattana. That in and of itself set off warning bells.

It’s certainly NOT something I’d risk just to live here :o . ..

In all reality; if you don’t have 800K (25K US) in the bank for 3 months out of the year to secure a retirement extension, <deleted> are you doing living here in thailand :whistling: ?

About the money seasoning, I have a pet peeve about that. Typically retirees using the 800K baht bank account method of course top up at least three months before their immigration meeting. But they have to LIVE on something for three months, and typically that is monies off that bank account. So for example a retiree who spends 50K baht per month would need at least 950K three months prior. To me that imposes a larger requirement on bank account qualifiers than others. It would be more fair if you had to reach 800K three months prior and then allowed to spend normally during the three month period. Actually, I think the whole money seasoning thing is a crock, everyone is forced to pay for this due to a small percentage of scammers. If you are qualifying on loaned money, you can just as easily get a loan for three months as for one day, just more expensive.

Edited by Jingthing