I Was Attacked By My Ex-Foreman Today With A Shovel And 4 Workers

Tokay

So you are talking up a storm about a shady guy that has already tried to kill you with a shovel. Sounds like a good plan making such a guy lose face all over town.

Good luck on your future "robery gone wrong with unknown assailant"......

Also be aware that our forum rules do not allow naming and shaming.

Please explain something to me.

Every day I get sent emails from Thai Visa where they post news reports that "name and shame people" who were arrested for crimes they may or may not have committed. Why then, would I not be permitted to name and shame his low life if I have the proper police report to back up my claim? What's the difference?

I agree.

Confused.

Looking at top of the page here I can see a link for Thai bargirls (a google link).

Furthermore, a 14 page (300+ posts) about prostitution and Go Go bars are running smoothly here.

Forum rules??

lol

These threads usually start with a tough talking OP but by the end of it he has either rearranged his entire life (moved to another location/job/etc) or apologized w/ payment with his tail between his legs. Just saying.

Lets see, I was jumped by a few Thai guys, one of them had a large shovel. I was unarmed and alone. Not only did I get out of the mess without a trip to the ER, but I also was able to get the shovel from them for most of the fight, until I finally lost the shovel due to them all taking me to the ground at once, then I fought them off me and had to scoot the heck out of there with a quickness before it escalated and someone was killed. So yea, I'm only talking tough here.

I drove past the work place today as I was going to eat, the entire location was closed down for the first time in 2 months. I doubt one of them could get out of bed this morning after the serious rib and kidney shots they took from me with the shovel. They may be in the ER themselves with broken ribs. Who knows, but that job site has been alive every day for 2 months until today.

Sure, maybe he will try to get his friends to get me but he was also dumb enough to tell the police he was going to hurt me again and that is documented too. If he does, he goes to jail. If he does something and has me shot, then I'm dead and it doesn't matter anyway. Though I had to admit, the loss of face for several Thai men with weapons to lose to a single falang must be massive. So yea, maybe they will kill me. Maybe they didn't come to work today because they were looking for me. Time well tell.

Maybe you would leave with your tail between your legs but I will not. This was not my first rodeo.

I am just relaying my observations to you. I have seen many farangs who start out brave in the beginning while doing lot of tough talking but by the time it is over they decide that it is not worth it and they have rearranged their entire life and/or apologized. I wish you luck! Keep us updated. I am rooting for you.

Edited by Chunky1

So you are talking up a storm about a shady guy that has already tried to kill you with a shovel. Sounds like a good plan making such a guy lose face all over town.

Do you really think that Thai builders such as these will hear about the "face loss" on English language internet sites? No. They barely know how to use a TV remote control. They probably wouldn't ever click that they're losing business, especially from foreigners, as a result of their actions.

Good on the OP for giving out a warning, and if this forum can't have discussions on scammers and other providers of poor service providers which are matters of personal opinion, then I hope the OP can point us to the website where he can convey the bare details that some of us may be very very appreciative of.

Do you really think that Thai builders such as these will hear about the "face loss" on English language internet sites? No. They barely know how to use a TV remote control. They probably wouldn't ever click that they're losing business, especially from foreigners, as a result of their actions.

Good on the OP for giving out a warning, and if this forum can't have discussions on scammers and other providers of poor service providers which are matters of personal opinion, then I hope the OP can point us to the website where he can convey the bare details that some of us may be very very appreciative of.

Agree totally, good post

Finding non alcoholic builders that have even the slightest bit of safe equipment like the basics of having a plug on the end of an extension lead instead of shoving the wires in the mains is almost beyond impossible.

If the man who quotes you the job is not a drunk then you can guarantee the men hired by him when he drives ("up to the village" after you have paid the first installment) to grab some unskilled layabouts will most definitely be alcoholics.

I know that when these builders go to the village to get their staff for the job in hand, it is not uncommon for a worker or two to "jump out the back of the truck" just as they are heading off as they have changed their mind and can't be bothered and the hirer then having to chase them and persuade them to get back on! it's a Circus and for 200 baht a day what does one expect? you ain't getting no Tommy Walsh's that's for sure.

Best thing you did was grab the shovel. While there's no knowing the outcome if you did not have it, or were not clearly prepared to defend yourself with it, common sense leans towards the negative.

Never mind the pc lemmings. Thais, and especially those at the lower end of the gene pool, may be courageous when beating up their women or swarming against a defenceless opponent, but they tend to think twice when their intended victim is armed.

I suppose I can just live in fear like so many of the falang do and move out of town at every skirmish with a local.

This clown has no idea where I live or what part of town I reside in. He only knows of the 1 project he was working on. Police already said if anything happens to that property or me, he will be arrested as he foolishly threated to the police he is going to hurt me and my property.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I do know the locals do not read Thai Visa. I'm not posting here to cause any face loss.

1) This was a courtesy post for those of you who build homes or rehab them. Guys like this need to be known.

2) The fact that he and his workers (with a weapon) got beat by 1 falang in front of a LOT of other Thais (who laughed at them), then the police had to go to his house to get my keys and confront him in front of his family and friends who were there and force him to give up my keys... he's already lost face. And while that was not my goal, as I never try to make anyone lose face, that is unfortunately how it turned out.

I'm only thankful every Thai in the area didn't attack me, because there were a lot of them. At least 10 moto-bike taxi drivers, food stall people and passers by. They could have buried me there if they wanted to.

I am making a website with his information on it. Photos, ID card, home address... everything. He is very unsafe and unstable. Didn't used to be but he has gone through a severe personalty change and has become a a worst case scenario. I'll link out to it when it is complete, though I'm not sure TV will allow the link. :annoyed:

I suppose I can just live in fear like so many of the falang do and move out of town at every skirmish with a local.

This clown has no idea where I live or what part of town I reside in. He only knows of the 1 project he was working on. Police already said if anything happens to that property or me, he will be arrested as he foolishly threated to the police he is going to hurt me and my property.

That's just wishful thinking, and you know that, don't you ?

Best thing you did was grab the shovel. While there's no knowing the outcome if you did not have it, or were not clearly prepared to defend yourself with it, common sense leans towards the negative.

Never mind the pc lemmings. Thais, and especially those at the lower end of the gene pool, may be courageous when beating up their women or swarming against a defenceless opponent, but they tend to think twice when their intended victim is armed.

Well, I knew that if I didn't take the shovel from him immediately, there was a huge risk I would be seriously injured. Plus I knew that with it, I would have a better chance of keeping the rests of the boys off of me.

And yes, they are quick to beat on a woman but are generally little girls who will never fight you one-on-one. Not one of these scum bags could throw a punch harder than my youngest son. Of course this does not hold true to those who have real Muay Thai training. I've sparred with a few of those guys in the past and they have BRUTALLY hard hits and kicks with amazing speed. Those guys will put a hurting on you.

That's just wishful thinking, and you know that, don't you ?

They were going to arrest him at his house but all I wanted was my keys. Cops said it was up to me and I let it go with the keys so long as everything was documented for future issues. If he starts again, then he can go to jail. If it looks like he'll slip out of it, I'll pay whatever I had to pay to make sure of it. He just used up his one and only "get out of jail" card with me.

The prisons are filled with guys like him. He's just another low life who will probably end up there one way or another, with or without me.

But hey, ANYTHING is possible, this is Thailand. He may cap my ass at 7-11 tonight for all I know.

Typical with almost all Thai builders. They usually are big wheeler dealers that pick up workers from the side of the street to do the work. They get deposit and payment and usually never pay their workers the full amount they are due, the workers thinking it is the foreigner that screwed them. Most of them are married, unhappily, having numerous bar girls as girlfriend, where all their money goes. They pull this off for a while and then move on to another scam like tour operator or they become drunks and die at a young age.

Think I am being insensitive or condescending to these guys? Try hiring them and then you can talk.

Welcome to Thailand where you are welcomed and treated as GUESTS by friendly , happy people with beaming smiles on thier faces , they are also eager to help you at the drop of a hat .

Some posters should get real with some of what they post in a defensive manner for some of the local yocals .

The place is in shambles now. Broken and cracked concrete, the garage door is scratched and rusting already, the entire bathroom has to be re-done, the downstairs bathroom that was turned into storage leaks water THROUGH the new cracks in the wall, it is now without windows, the steps are in broken pieces, they ended up stealing all of my wire and shorting me on the electric, didn't put in the earth, knocked hole in the ceiling when someone tripped while walking in the attic, leaks through the new ceiling... it goes on and on. Never seen anything like it.

Sounds like a scene from the movie "Money Pit"...

Any photos of the disaster area?

And yes, they are quick to beat on a woman but are generally little girls who will never fight you one-on-one. Not one of these scum bags could throw a punch harder than my youngest son. Of course this does not hold true to those who have real Muay Thai training. I've sparred with a few of those guys in the past and they have BRUTALLY hard hits and kicks with amazing speed. Those guys will put a hurting on you.

I have never seen a one on one fight here, it's always at least 5 on one, I wonder what that says about people here. Not just Thais too, I saw about 10 farangs fighting with 2 younger Thais outside a bar in Pattaya during Songkran and the farangs got their asses handed to them! It looked like a scene from a Jackie Chan movie.

Edited by UKMatt

how the OP could argue to a construction worker who was clearly intoxicated is a riddle

I didn't argue with him, I'm not a dummy. I kindly asked him for my keys and how we were going to work out the money. Was not confrontational in any manner. What I did do wrong was, once I noticed he was drunk, I should have just said bye and left. Instead I kept talking, was nice, but he turned violent. That was my mistake.

Sounds like a scene from the movie "Money Pit"...

Any photos of the disaster area?

Yes, I will be sizing some photos here shortly.

I have never seen a one on one fight here, it's always at least 5 on one, I wonder what that says about people here. Not just Thais too, I saw about 10 farangs fighting with 2 younger Thais outside a bar in Pattaya during Songkran and the farangs got their asses handed to them! It looked like a scene from a Jackie Chan movie.

2 Thais beat 10 falangs? Ouch.

<BR>2 Thais beat 10 falangs?  Ouch.<BR>
<BR><BR>Yeah, I think it started with the two Thai guys (about 20 years old) fighting with this one drunk farang who had been wandering around the bar complex all night being a pain to everyone. After the fight kicked off in the street more and more drunk farangs got involved but the Thais managed to keep their distance and keep fighting them off with all sorts of weapons. One farang guy managed to get himself bottled twice by the same Thai and another farang got a plant pot to the face! I have no idea how the Thais were able to keep re-arming themselves like they did!!

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I do know the locals do not read Thai Visa. I'm not posting here to cause any face loss.

1) This was a courtesy post for those of you who build homes or rehab them. Guys like this need to be known.

2) The fact that he and his workers (with a weapon) got beat by 1 falang in front of a LOT of other Thais (who laughed at them), then the police had to go to his house to get my keys and confront him in front of his family and friends who were there and force him to give up my keys... he's already lost face. And while that was not my goal, as I never try to make anyone lose face, that is unfortunately how it turned out.

I'm only thankful every Thai in the area didn't attack me, because there were a lot of them. At least 10 moto-bike taxi drivers, food stall people and passers by. They could have buried me there if they wanted to.

I am making a website with his information on it. Photos, ID card, home address... everything. He is very unsafe and unstable. Didn't used to be but he has gone through a severe personalty change and has become a a worst case scenario. I'll link out to it when it is complete, though I'm not sure TV will allow the link. :annoyed:

Scumbags like this don't lose face so easily....he's probably gone back to his home town upcountry to get drunk and by now must have landed himself in another fight and forgotten all about you. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Do you really think that Thai builders such as these will hear about the "face loss" on English language internet sites? No. They barely know how to use a TV remote control. They probably wouldn't ever click that they're losing business, especially from foreigners, as a result of their actions. Good on the OP for giving out a warning, and if this forum can't have discussions on scammers and other providers of poor service providers which are matters of personal opinion, then I hope the OP can point us to the website where he can convey the bare details that some of us may be very very appreciative of.

People will lose money and families will lose money from the farang bilking machine they have created if there was any way to warn others or track them down. They protect this culture by threat of death or violence.

The truth is this forum is Thai (for all intents and purposes) and follows Thai rules. Farangs can be shamed (look at all the posts and pics and links of newspaper articles of shamed farangs who have not been convicted in Thailand) but anyone who is genetically Thai cannot be shamed here or in the papers; especially if that individual or company has taken out an ad (I learned this here). It's just a harsh reality of xenophobic culture and business.

Read how many farang auditors come up dead or missing...or anyone discovering a scam or ripoff to bilk a farang--they end up dead eventually to protect their well oiled farang bilking machine. I see nothing Thai that is excluded.

Edited by HYENA

If one or one's business wants to be sure one's name will never appear negatively regarding bad business, take out an ad on the Thai forum site or newspaper and it will never happen (I know this from experience).

The truth is this forum is Thai and follows Thai rules. Farangs can be shamed (look at all the posts and pics and links of newspaper articles of shamed farangs who have not been convicted in Thailand) but anyone who is genetically Thai cannot be shamed here or in the papers. It's just a harsh reality of xenophobic culture and business.

I tried to post about a ripoff to help others but was prevented because of the money trail. Such a great country and culture, isn't it?

For example look at the article that was featured on here a few days ago, and emailed to every member, about the expat arrested on suspicion of murdering a bar girl in Phuket. Not only did it have his full name, a photo, his nationality, married and children status and even rumours that he has a prediliction for ladyboys and many personal details!

I'm not complaining about too much info on the expat but it would be only be fair if we were allowed to help each other out by telling each other what companies had ripped us off, abused or even assaulted us.

If one or one's business wants to be sure one's name will never appear negatively regarding bad business, take out an ad on the Thai forum site or newspaper and it will never happen (I know this from experience).

The truth is this forum is Thai and follows Thai rules. Farangs can be shamed (look at all the posts and pics and links of newspaper articles of shamed farangs who have not been convicted in Thailand) but anyone who is genetically Thai cannot be shamed here or in the papers. It's just a harsh reality of xenophobic culture and business.

I tried to post about a ripoff to help others but was prevented because of the money trail. Such a great country and culture, isn't it?

For example look at the article that was featured on here a few days ago, and emailed to every member, about the expat arrested on suspicion of murdering a bar girl in Phuket. Not only did it have his full name, a photo, his nationality, married and children status and even rumours that he has a prediliction for ladyboys and many personal details!

I'm not complaining about too much info on the expat but it would be only be fair if we were allowed to help each other out by telling each other what companies had ripped us off, abused or even assaulted us.

Thai suspects are paraded and their personal details revealed in the same manner as above. In this respect at least, there are no double standards.