Air Asia Promotion Chiang Mai To Phuket

bluweyze

Today starts an Air Asia promo to Phuket.Travel from 2nd Aug to 15th November pay 1500 baht return each person. when you book 2 people. I think this is remarkably cheap but you must book by July 25th.Yes I know Phuket tends to be wet at this time of year but what the heck!

perhaps a silly question but do the two passengers have to be on the same flight(s)?

My guess is yes somewhat similar to hotel rooms...But it is discrimination against single people.

Now if the airline would provide a pool of pretties to choose from...

CB

perhaps a silly question but do the two passengers have to be on the same flight(s)?

My guess is yes somewhat similar to hotel rooms...But it is discrimination against single people.

CB

or alternatively you include the name of another person on the booking and then on the day of the flight they don't turn up. just had a look and booking for 2 people is cheaper than booking for 1 so there could be a few half-empty flights going to phuket unless their terms and conditions somehow specify that both passengers must turn up.

CB

or alternatively you include the name of another person on the booking and then on the day of the flight they don't turn up. just had a look and booking for 2 people is cheaper than booking for 1 so there could be a few half-empty flights going to phuket unless their terms and conditions somehow specify that both passengers must turn up.

EXCELLENT IDEA

What is the actual cost after all the attached fees are added? With AA, they'll advertise a 1500 baht fare that usually ends up well over 2000 once fees are added.

I flew HKT to CNX in May. Two people, round trip non-stop, total of 7,300 all fees included. And that was a good price at that time, so this deal looks to be a REALLY good price!

What is the actual cost after all the attached fees are added? With AA, they'll advertise a 1500 baht fare that usually ends up well over 2000 once fees are added.

I flew HKT to CNX in May. Two people, round trip non-stop, total of 7,300 all fees included. And that was a good price at that time, so this deal looks to be a REALLY good price!

The actual cost is 1500 baht plus the usual 214 baht booking with credit card fee taxes included

The actual cost is 1500 baht plus the usual 214 baht booking with credit card fee taxes included

And what about taxes, airport tax, luggage fee, etc? So 1,714 total cost? I'm gonna check if they've got the same price from HKT to CNX, it's be worth a trip for that price!

And what about taxes, airport tax, luggage fee, etc? So 1,714 total cost? I'm gonna check if they've got the same price from HKT to CNX, it's be worth a trip for that price!

If you check bags you pay more but 2 people can take quite a lot carry on luggage for a vacation.As I said all other taxes are included but I was just giving a 'heads up' because I think it may book out quickly.I've already booked a family of 4 on 2 x 2 people bookings it cost me 3214 x 2 6428 for 4 people return, I think that is excellent value. I think it works Phuket to Chiang Mai as well as some other destinations all 1500 baht

If you check bags you pay more but 2 people can take quite a lot carry on luggage for a vacation.As I said all other taxes are included but I was just giving a 'heads up' because I think it may book out quickly.I've already booked a family of 4 on 2 x 2 people bookings it cost me 3214 x 2 6428 for 4 people return, I think that is excellent value. I think it works Phuket to Chiang Mai as well as some other destinations all 1500 baht

Excellent price indeed. And thx for that!

Seems to be some pretty good deals, and no, there doesn't have to be two people travelling, think the OP was just saying he booked for two people.

http://www.airasia.c.../rr1070205.html

If you can be flexible with Air Asia, and can book early enough you really can get some good deals. We are flying to Bali with AA next month, we booked in February, and it's costing the grand total of 800 Baht each (fare 0 Baht, tax 700 Baht, Credit Card fee 100 Baht) though we do have to pay the airport tax for the return journey, as everybody does.

I stand corrected, but there are some good deals from Bangkok :D

Edited by theoldgit

i can't find a promo for this on their site

please could you provide a link?

david

David, I think this is the link http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr1090708.html

But I'm damned if I can get the Chiang Mai one to open.

That link works , just click the 'book now' button at the top of the page and put in the information.The Chiang Mai option merely shows destinations that are available

david

David, I think this is the link http://www.airasia.c.../rr1090708.html

That link works , just click the 'book now' button at the top of the page and put in the information.The Chiang Mai option merely shows destinations that are available

Very nice, 2 people 3rd to 6th august just under 18k. Or if you take the flight that gets you in at 12.30am then it just over 10k - bargain ?!?

david

David, I think this is the link http://www.airasia.c.../rr1090708.html

Very nice, 2 people 3rd to 6th august just under 18k. Or if you take the flight that gets you in at 12.30am then it just over 10k - bargain ?!?

As I said earlier the promotion will probably book out quick, hence the heads up on Thai visa and yes for your days already it has booked out. Sometimes on thai visa it isn't worth trying to be helpful because of the cynics

As I said earlier the promotion will probably book out quick, hence the heads up on Thai visa and yes for your days already it has booked out. Sometimes on thai visa it isn't worth trying to be helpful because of the cynics

I've been punching dates into air asia for a few weeks now as my plans keeps changing, the flights for the first week or so of the promotion have been way above the promotion price long before the promotion start date! So they were never available at promotion price. It is however still useful info for later in the year, so thanks for your very helpful heads up post :)

I bought tickets to Phuket during one of their many promotions, so if you miss this one another will be along soon. On their website I saw where they re-launched their travel booking service and ran a free room promotion. I was able to get a few rooms before it ended. If you have a trip planned it might be worth it to check it out at airasiago.com. They usually have some kind of promotion running and some good and some are crap just like AirAsia, so read the fine print first!

There are several websites now that let you search AirAsia flights like airasiaplus, it makes it easier to find the sale fares if your travel dates are flexible.

david

David, I think this is the link http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr1090708.html

There doesn't seem to any promo about it, but I did

a trial quote for random dates in august and got 4050 baht for me the wife and the nipper.... not bad at all!

Just need to persuade the wife she wants to go to Phuket now!

David

It may not book out as quickly as it should. There is a problem with the new website installed 2 weeks ago. I couldn't buy these or any tickets on the website, and even went down to Thapae gate Air Asia office where they verified with their computer that you can't purchase tickets on the website. But there is a way. Use your mobile phone at their mobile website, and it works.

david

I think the reason for not finding the promo on their web-site can be put down to the fact that the announcement was only made today on their "Red Alert" ( members only email service) who receive advice of these specials a couple/few (?) days before the offers are put to the public at large.

By being posted on ThaiVisa this benefit is being, to a small extent, eroded for those members.

Why not sign up and get the promotion news first ?

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird

Sounds good ! Haven't seen the ocean for ages. Thanks for the news :)

It's really refreshing to hear the sound of waves and feel the cool breeze.

Chiang Mai is great, but I need to get to the ocean regularly.

Some people pay thousands of dollars to get to Phuket and we can get there for a song - take advantage of it. :)

Looking forward to our flights to Krabi in September, 260 Baht each, and that includes the 100 Baht "Convenience fee" for using a credit card online - how else can you book online? and 150 Baht Airport Tax, oh and the other 10 Baht is VAT.

OK we booked last November to travel in September, but if you are flexible and are prepared to book way in advance you can get some really good deals. Sure beats the bus, and it's cheaper.

Looking forward to our flights to Krabi in September, 260 Baht each, and that includes the 100 Baht "Convenience fee" for using a credit card online - how else can you book online? and 150 Baht Airport Tax, oh and the other 10 Baht is VAT.

OK we booked last November to travel in September, but if you are flexible and are prepared to book way in advance you can get some really good deals. Sure beats the bus, and it's cheaper.

Is that with Air Asia from Bangkok?