Pajero Gt

rizla

Another thankyou to MRO for the link, i recieved and installed the SIMPLY COOL auto mirror control system yesterday.....Cost including EMS 1,100 baht...

They supplied full proper english install instructions , warranty card etc, very well made product and fine service from simply cool.. http://www.simplycoolshop.com/eng/products/smc.asp

One added extra is you get a buzzer/bleeper with the kit, and as Pajero owners know we dont get a bleep when arming or disarming the alarm but this buzzer gives us that if you want it (i did), the system uses your current car key, no extra remote is req`d, it`s triggered from the door lock circuit, nice and simple to fit...top product...for £22 UK.....

Non related question, i`m looking at fitting a rearview camera, i know MRO gave me an answear before, but, i`m looking at a generic/universal camera and all you get in the kit is a power lead and a video lead, in the H/U options, if this camera is wired in do you just enable something in the menue for Automatic switching of the LCD screen, eg. does the car send a signal to the H/U when put iin reverse to liven up the camera and screen....kind regards

Glad to hear you're happy with the Simplycool product, I might have to do this mod myself :)

As for camera(s), the LCD screen has a dedicated analog video input for the rearview camera, so as soon as it's activated the screen automatically turns on and changes to the camera input - i.e. there's no user interaction at all required - put the vehicle into reverse gear and it all just works.

One additional option you have for the reversing camera is the Alpine HCE-C200R, which integrates with the OEM stereo perfectly and is arguably the best camera on the market. If you go this option you can also (optionally) add the HCE-C200F front camera. This requires a small switching module to be installed (which doesn't look factory), but is otherwise a very nice piece of kit.

Related Video:

I don't have any pricing handy for this, but expect it's not cheap (being Alpine). I'd expect the best pricing you'll get will be eBay - local pricing on Alpine products is significantly more expensive than US/UK.

Glad to hear you're happy with the Simplycool product, I might have to do this mod myself :)

As for camera(s), the LCD screen has a dedicated analog video input for the rearview camera, so as soon as it's activated the screen automatically turns on and changes to the camera input - i.e. there's no user interaction at all required - put the vehicle into reverse gear and it all just works.

One additional option you have for the reversing camera is the Alpine HCE-C200R, which integrates with the OEM stereo perfectly and is arguably the best camera on the market. If you go this option you can also (optionally) add the HCE-C200F front camera. This requires a small switching module to be installed (which doesn't look factory), but is otherwise a very nice piece of kit.

Related Video:

I don't have any pricing handy for this, but expect it's not cheap (being Alpine). I'd expect the best pricing you'll get will be eBay - local pricing on Alpine products is significantly more expensive than US/UK.

MRO is this the unit i would need for my PS

http://www.roadradio.com/Alpine/HCE-C200R/?gclid=CJOE2YOP-qICFRU03wodH0-bkA

http://www.roadradio...CFRU03wodH0-bkA

Yes, that's it.

However, as this thread is a continuation of another discussion, I should also point out that there are other options that are available locally at prices starting at 2,500 Baht - significantly cheaper than the Alpine option not matter which way you look at it.

http://www.differ-autoparts.com/index.php?Content=product&id=6&id_run=1&view=yes

Note that I have never purchased from this vendor, so cannot vouch for their service or products..

http://www.roadradio...CFRU03wodH0-bkA

Yes, that's it.

However, as this thread is a continuation of another discussion, I should also point out that there are other options that are available locally at prices starting at 2,500 Baht - significantly cheaper than the Alpine option not matter which way you look at it.

http://www.differ-au..._run=1&view=yes

Note that I have never purchased from this vendor, so cannot vouch for their service or products..

Thats the one i fancy, from differ, looks OEM...i phoned him and it`s 1,950 baht including EMS...for those wanting a price, as it`s not shown on the web site..i think..regards

Isan Farang

RU in surin?, i think i read that somewhere, if you are i can show the simply cool mirror mod if u want...i`m near there...regards

I am located in Ubon, at present i am overseas and will be back next week, just received the PS before i left so need to take it for a decent drive when i get back, perhaps i can head your way if you drop me a PM with your e-mail address.

Rizla, how long did it take to install the simply cool mirror kit.

Is it straight forward to fit for technically challenged people like myself?

Cheers....

Ditto! Not sure where this originated from as I didn't notice the original thread on it, but the mirror option is "simply cool" and I have to have one - the Vigo has no "beep" also when the alarm is set, so it would be a bonus to have this as an option.

It took me and my teelak about 2 hours, but took my time and soldered all the joints...i`ve attached the thai installation pdf..if it loads..to give you an idea, on the instructions it states to remove the door scuff plate but i found that not req`d....He supplies instructions well written in english..very detailed so no problems and his service and after sales is the best i`ve had in thailand....A VERY GOOD PRODUCT...rizla

M07-Mitsubishi-PajeroSport-SMC-r1.pdf

Edited by rizla

These add-ons are nice but not essential...I would like to know if there is any kit that would allow a remote start of an engine so one could cool off the interior of a car before getting in. One other thing, why don't cars in hot countries like Thailand have that feature found on some US branded cars where the air con continues to run remotely when the car is parked and the engine turned off?

These add-ons are nice but not essential...I would like to know if there is any kit that would allow a remote start of an engine so one could cool off the interior of a car before getting in. One other thing, why don't cars in hot countries like Thailand have that feature found on some US branded cars where the air con continues to run remotely when the car is parked and the engine turned off?

Higher-end car alarms usually include remote start ability (Codealarm, Viper etc) and other features such as automatic closing of windows upon lock, slight opening of windows on door opening (no need to slam the door closed due to cabin pressure) etc. Your best bet for these are normally car audio shops.

A/C cannot run without the engine, as the A/C compressor runs from engine power via the serpentine belt.

I would like to know if there is any kit that would allow a remote start of an engine so one could cool off the interior of a car before getting in

Many available Here

Although in Canada these are mostly used to WARM the car before getting in :P

I would like to know if there is any kit that would allow a remote start of an engine so one could cool off the interior of a car before getting in

Many available Here

Although in Canada these are mostly used to WARM the car before getting in :P

Thanks for the reply but the link took me to some Canadian bank site...?

This auto mirror control gadget looks great, but complicated to install - you did well with all those wires! Thanks for the tip.

It`s not hard to install, just read the instructions slowly...tick off each step as you go along......or get an audio shop or the like to install it for you, maybe for 200/300 baht labour charge...it really is a worthwhile upgrade...or if you are near surin, pop in and i`ll fit it for you for a small fee (electrician by trade)....

Edited by rizla

Really? well it should take you to "Canadian Tire" you can google that and then pick the "Auto" tab or just type Remote starters into the search function.........

Edited by CDNinKS

Strange took me to Crappy Tire. Then easy to find remote starters they are in the menu column on the left.Are you sure you didn't get confused with all the references to credit cards.

Edited by VocalNeal

Well, I ended up ordering this Wednesday and received it today. The packaging, presentation and documentation are absolutely superb. I'm impressed!

Can't wait to fire up the soldering iron and get it fitted! :)

post-80026-016667400 1279875899_thumb.jp

Rats MRO, I wasn't home today when EMS showed up so I have to pick it up at the P.0..........and with the long weekend not sure when that will be..... :(

Please post back after you get it installed with any tips or comments

Edited by CDNinKS

Rats MRO, I wasn't home today when EMS showed up so I have to pick it up at the P.0..........and with the long weekend not sure when that will be..... :(

The Hols are Monday and Tuesday as I recall, and most (all?) Post Offices are open until at least Noon on a Saturday - well, around here at least..

BTW, just finished the install and have a couple of potentially useful tips:

1. Don't bother trying to remove pins 9 & 10 from the mirror control switch plug - just trim back the tape & rubber tube on the OEM wiring loom a bit, then cut the pink and purple wires an inch or two out from the plug. it's a nice touch that they've included pins for the plug on the supplied wiring, but it's a fiddly and unnecessary step if you have no plans to ever remove the unit in the future.

2. If you store an assortment of tools in the rear floor compartments in your Paj (like moi), make sure you close the freaking rear hatch door before testing! I stood there like a dumbwit for 5 minutes wondering why my car wouldn't lock when I got to the testing stage... In my defence, I did manage to down a couple of beers during the process ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks MRO, will dash down to the PO in the morning. What do you think about the "buzzer" when locking/unlocking? Is it really a buzzer or a chirp? Did you activate that feature?

Also a bit of thread drift, but did the software update cure the clunk from the trans?

Edited by CDNinKS

Thanks MRO, will dash down to the PO in the morning. What do you think about the "buzzer" when locking/unlocking? Is it really a buzzer or a chirp? Did you activate that feature?

It's a piezo beeper - nowhere near as load as a car alarm, but I kinda like it for that reason. I ended up mounting mine in behind the driver's kick panel, so effectively in the wheel arch. It's subtle..

Also a bit of thread drift, but did the software update cure the clunk from the trans?

Not entirely gone, but a 90% improvement. Now it's just a very subdued sound w/out the physical shock. It'll do for me - it's no longer the kind of thing that would make a passenger wonder if it was a TATA Sport ;)

One other quick tip:

It's not necessary to connect the white wire - the manual hints at this in a round-a-bout kind of way earlier in the piece, but clarifies that it's not req'd towards the end of the guide. Of course you'd know this if you're the type to RTFM start-to-finish before setting off (unlike me) ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

One other quick tip:

It's not necessary to connect the white wire - the manual hints at this in a round-a-bout kind of way earlier in the piece, but clarifies that it's not req'd towards the end of the guide. Of course you'd know this if you're the type to RTFM start-to-finish before setting off (unlike me) ;)

I didn`t have a white wire on my kit? no need to worry about that bit....Yes, that`s what i did with the two wires, i cut them and soldered in, yep removing the pins is a pain...I mounted my smc box with that wonderfull stuff, clue stick, there is a flat bracket of some sort just on the top left corner off the fuse box area.....I mounted the buzzer in the engine apartment, flat on the bulkhead (again with glue stick)....and if you look at the master brake master cylinder/servo, just below and to the lefthand side of it you will see a rectangular rubber grommit, a great place to slip through the orange wire for the buzzer.....

Keep reading about soldering stuff. I thought the best joint, as used in aviation, was a crimped joint as solder has or needs flux which has acid in it to clean stuff but over time keeps working as an acid a can cause a failed connection. OK on a circuit board but wire connector ends no. Sure someone will put me right now. :)

Agree to a point, but i`ll have traded the car before then..LOL...oh, i `m an electrician to trade....and i get high on sniffing that flux..and one more thing where the hel_l do you get a good crimping tool and bullets,spades and crimps in BANORK...chok dee

Keep reading about soldering stuff. I thought the best joint, as used in aviation, was a crimped joint as solder has or needs flux which has acid in it to clean stuff but over time keeps working as an acid a can cause a failed connection. OK on a circuit board but wire connector ends no. Sure someone will put me right now. :)

Rosin flux, as contained in electronics solder, is not corrosive. It's used extensively by the airforce in maintaining and upgrading combat aircraft too BTW ;)