Good Dive Operators On Koh Tao

Crushdepth

Dived with a couple, and forget the name of one that seemed a little shabby, but I've used Scuba Junction a few times and they're always a pleasure to dive with. Small shop on Sairee beach, very friendly. If you're heading down by train/bus then finding someone who goes to Chumphon in the afternoon could be worthwhile so that you can head to one of the better sites when you first arrive (Scuba J don't, to my knowledge).

http://www.scuba-junction.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend New Way Diving, I enjoyed working for this divecenter very much! One of the smallest center on the island and a good atmosphere.. Small groups, small boat and a very early morning trips (before rush hour).

Chumphon Pinnacles is the best divesite Koh Tao has to offer and to really enjoy this site, decide to dive with a diveshop that avoids the peak hours and dives with a small boat.

I ended up diving with a different operator every day just to check things out. The short story is that all were acceptable, but I would agree that the smaller operators (in terms of the size of their diving operation rather than the size of their resort!) offer a bit more personal attention.

I tried Sairee Cottage, Seashell Divers and Big Blue. Both Sairee and Seashell had excellent staff (I liked Seashell the best), Big Blue....well it was much busier and they kind of herd you onto the boat, and you have to fight your way through a scrum to get into the water.

• 2 months later...

dive point next to the lomprayah catamaran pier is a german dive center and is working like a swiss clock work

the staff is nice relaxed has fun and shows you all you wonna see

their boat is by far the best on koh tao with the captain and his wife she cooks for you

brand new equipment top safety on board

big space for diving breakfast on board lunch as well

day trips to sailrock or 2 day trips to angthong national marine park

walk in and check them out

dive point next to the lomprayah catamaran pier is a german dive center and is working like a swiss clock work

the staff is nice relaxed has fun and shows you all you wonna see

their boat is by far the best on koh tao with the captain and his wife she cooks for you

brand new equipment top safety on board

big space for diving breakfast on board lunch as well

day trips to sailrock or 2 day trips to angthong national marine park

walk in and check them out