The Joy Of Firefox

welo

If I had to limit my add-ons to 5, I couldn't and I probably wouldn't use Firefox (the stock version is pretty useless). Until version 3 of Firefox, I hated Firefox! Internet Explorer provided for more. I don't even consider Chrome because of the add-on limitation.

I live in my browser. But since I don't have to limited to 5 add-ons I love Firefox! The add-ons provide the functionality!

By the way, I hate predefined toolbars. I want to select what's displayed and what I can do. I hate the screen being consumed by useless and redundant crap!

Just like, would you have only 5 programs installed on your computer? What about only 5 apps on your smart phone? I don't think so.

I'm a power user and proudly so!

for many of those reasons I use Opera, have for years. I particularly like the handy drop down I put up in the right which allows me to resize the page/text to larger. 120% is just right for many sites, I have the lappie about 4 feet from my face.

It's fast too. Tried Chrome, yawn, deleted it a day later.

I don't understand. I didn't mention anything about resizing text. But since you mentioned it, Firefox doesn't need an add on or drop down box to resize the page/text. You can either press the Ctrl and + key to enlarge, the Ctrl and - key to reduce, or Ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to resize. What could be easier and more intuitive!

I use it all the time!

I wouldn't use Opera, because it doesn't give me the access to all the powerful add-ons that I need and use everyday. Without them, Firefox would be like any other browser. A big pain int the a##! Useless!

That's what Firefox is all about, to customize and tailor to your likes, wants, needs. You can keep it simple or give you the extra support you need. Just as you can tailor your computer or smartphone to do what you want rather than be restricted to something simple and useless.

As I said before, I'm a power user and proud of it!

Edited by BB1950