Vaccine For Babies In Cm Where To Get ?

Okertes

Any of the government hospitals are fine. Having vaccine at the moment for my little one with now problems. It depends on what you are willing to pay. The private hospitals are much more expensive than the government ones. I use Nakorn Ping hospital. Found their service to be very good and good price. Just had 6 month vaccine for my daughter and cost under 1000 baht.

The public hospitals are significantly cheaper, but all the documentation will be in Thai as will probably be the conversation.

In Thailand baby innoculations happen at different times to say the UK. If you are planning on returning home, or even need your babies current jabs understood, then I would highly recommend paying the extra money and using a hospital such as Ram where you will receive an innoculation schedule in English and be able to converse in English. They also give you a choice of voluntary innoculations, some being very good (my opinion), which at the public hospitals you usually have to ask them for as they are not government subsidised. A good example being Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccine, which some public hospitals have stopped giving without being asked.

Iain

I would recommend Health Care Medical Clinic on the Hang Dong Road as well as Sripat or RAM. I would not go to Nakornping Hospital. They tend to use drugs which are in the last month or two of their shelf life and are manufactured in factories in India, etc. No English spoken there either. Also some practitioners (like Dr. Morgan at HCMC Hang Dong Road) are very careful about which vaccines they use. She only uses brand names like Pfizer, Sanofi, etc. We take our baby there for vaccines. There is also a very good evening clinic in the city with Pediatricians who are Professors at CMU but the wait time can exceed 2 hours (even with a queue card) and they are very expensive.

The childhood vaccines are normally described in Thai language, while the English designation ( lettering) is also used in the record book. The date may use the Thai year, this is accepted by US schools, doctors, etc, once the year system is explained. Even Ram did this when asked for English record.

Most of private practice use 'acellular' vaccines which has less side effect comparing to the normal 'cellular ' ones.

The price is higher for acellular vaccines but most effective and no fever/local irriation afterwards.

There is a small children's clinic about half way down on Thapae on the right. It's been there for more than 20 years. Same doctor I think but my kids have been too old to go there for a long time. It's open after 5:00. Go in and in a few minutes see the doctor. It use to be 75 Baht and included the medicine or maybe more for a vaccine. It's been a long time.