Honeymoon Hotel Stay Patong Beach?

pianoman

My son and his new wife will be coming over to Thailand for their Honeymoon, and wanting to spend 4 or 5 days in the Patong Beach area... I have not been to Phuket since 2001, so don't remember much and it has all changed now anyway...

Looking for recommendations for Nice Hotels in the 2500 to 3000 baht per night range for the end of Sept. beginning of Oct... Would prefer to find them something on or very near the Beach, and convinent to Restrurants and Shopping..

After Phuket they will be going to Koh Samui for another 3 days, so would appreciate input for there as well...

Thank you in advance...

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

Why oh why would you want them to stay in Patong, a seedier place would be hard to find, Kata beach is far better...

That was his choice... He was with me in 2001 and wants to take her there to show her the place... They are in their early 30's and enjoy partying...

Pianoman

Why oh why would you want them to stay in Patong, a seedier place would be hard to find, Kata beach is far better...

That was his choice... He was with me in 2001 and wants to take her there to show her the place... They are in their early 30's and enjoy partying...

Pianoman

Okay he wants to show her fat old men walking around with young Thai girls,

rip off prices in Bangla nasty road . drunk people and being asked to go and see a Ping pong ball show how disgusting can you possibly get/

Rip off Tuk Tuks

oh and a beach that is filthy hope they enjoy.

I did live in Patong for 4 months that was enough for me. now in Chalong a much nicer place and I agree Kata is away from nasty Patong the beach is so so much nicer and if they must go to Patong it is not to far.

Pianoman

I should say Holiday Inn.

There is nothing wrong with Patong for couples! My girlfriend and I love the place... Beach is good, Bangla Rd is fun to out at night and heaps of restaurants.....

We are thinking of staying at the Millenium next time, looks great!

First place I ever stayed in Patong (a few years back now) was Concaved. It's a part of Safari Beach Hotel, with rooms on the beach. They only have 6 or 7 rooms in Concaved, but they are nice.

If you have more budget you could try La Flora.

Have to agree with other posters though - Patong may be a let down for you guys :(

I should say Holiday Inn.

You surely are joking, The Holiday Inn? For a honeymoon, with all those kids running around? No way.

And for the rest of the Patong bashers, yes we know all about it but that is the OP's request.

OP check The Burasari, I don't know the dates so can't quote the rates but fabulous in resort pool to chill by for the honeymoon couple, close to the beach and nightlife.

Holiday Inn.......................yeesh.

Amari Coral Beach - great location. In Patong but far away and secluded.

You should be able to get Amari for around 3000 baht, and it would suit nicely. The walk back up the hill after hours of shopping at Jungceylon and Otop is a little hard, but that's what tuk tuks are for, even if it costs you 200 baht. As for Patong, I like it's vibrancy. Anywhere else in low season is a little quiet. I can get beautiful beaches at home, so it's not the main attraction for me. Patong beach is just fine if you walk up past La Flora or Gracelands, to where there are no jet ski's. Lot of people hate it though, and I can understand that. I'm happy for them to go elsewhere.

Amari (not my notes):

"All the deluxe rooms face the ocean but have a section of grass in front of them so are not 'on top' of the water like our room was. There are 5 blocks of superior rooms but only block 1 and block 4 have direct ocean views. We were in block 1 which I think was the best because it was in the middle of the upper pool and breakfast area/lower pool. I emailed the hotel and requested a room in block 1 or block 4 and they emailed back straight away saying that was ok! "

Hoteltravel.com has Duangjitt at reasonable prices at the moment, 2600 baht for a deluxe pool view room, or if you can stretch it to 3500, the honeymoon suite. The honeymoon suites are in a secluded little corner of the hotel, with a smallish but deep pool. It's not far from them to breakfast, or the other pools. Duangjitt is a rather overlooked hotel but it has magnificent grounds and Patong's biggest pool. Seriously big. Makes the pool at Gracelands look like a puddle. Room choice is important. Once behind the walls, you would not even know you were in Patong, yet Otop is less than 5 minutes walk away. Breakfasts are so so, and the desk staff can be crabby (like most Phuket hotels), but the grounds and pools more than make up for it.

Duangjitt

"Avoid the block of Superior rooms starting with the room number 9101 (9201, 9301). They are very different to the other Superior rooms. They look like portables or relocateable rooms, and are a long way from everything. It's a bit hard to tell but I think this would be the end nearest the beach (though unfortunately you can't get to the beach this way, and there is no beach/ocean view either). Personally I wouldn't stay in the Superior rooms (start with a "9") unless I got a great deal. There's nothing wrong with most of them as far as I could see, it's just that I prefer others. If I did stay in the Superior rooms, it would be on the first floor somewhere in the block from 9219 to 9238 (or 9319 to 9328 on the second floor) with 9233 being a good choice (so block 9 "Superior", first floor, room 33). Rooms 9250 to 9259 (or 9350 to 9359) will get you a nice "pond" view rather than a pool view, but are closer to breakfast. The numbers go up as you get closer to the Lobby. If in a deluxe Gasalong, room 8219 is the pick. I would not stay in any Deluxe Garden Wing room, too remote from the pool or breakfast and it looks out onto a plain field full of palm trees. If a villa, 4109 to 4111. There are only 8 of these (4111 best for me), and they looked nice enough inside, but they are tucked away behind the regular/honeymoon suites, get not much sun, and back onto the service road for the hotel. They are a little dark inside. It's certainly private, and you get a leafy, path view, but you'd feel a little detached from the rest of the hotel, and can be neglected in their upkeep. If Deluxe pool view, IMO, get a number between 11 and 20. I'd stay closer to room 20 rather than room 01, eg 2119 or 2219 (or 2118,7,6 etc), but really, any are good. Family suite, stay in 3101 up to 3109, with 3013 or 3105 the pick. Family Suites are special, truly great rooms. A deluxe bungalow, only stay 6130 (best), 6129 or 6131 (only these will get you a pool view). The other bungalows are set out too regimented for my liking."

Best advice I can give you is to split your stay b/w 2 areas, Patong and Kata.Kata Beach Resort in a deluxe room, in the two storey section, should fit the bill nicely. It's right on the beach, better located and cheaper than Katathani.

Enjoy !

Edited by segue